• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skybolt's Slabbed Good Girl Art Collection

1,029 posts in this topic

Sweet pick-up! Nice colors on the book, too -- love them reds! thumbsup2.gif

Picked this up at the last Heritage auction:

I was going to comment on this cover but then I realised that I'm just a filthy, disgusting and immature geezer who like to look at ladies hoo-haws on comic book covers.I'm exactly like my wife said I am. Although she means it good naturedly as in "boy's will be boy's'. But still, I like to look at scantily clad comic book girls! Am I the only one?

Wow, really nice , deep representation of the GGA genre. Easily this thread is one of the most interesting I've read. Thanks for showing us your truly nice and incredible collection.

GGA is just awesome. Basically, just a super-hot babe running around in unbelievably crazy scenarios with almost nothing on. Each girls has obviously sipped from the bottle of DD JUICE. (Double D's, y'know, JUGGS, mambos, cassaba melons, taters, ect.)

My favorite are the GREAT Junior covers.

Hey, what about The Farmer's Daughter. Very risque 1950's covers. I don't know anything other that the covers depicted a really attractive blonde. Do those qualify as GGA covers. Has anyone ever seen those covers ?

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in, Ajaxfarrell

Wow, really nice , deep representation of the GGA genre. Easily this thread is one of the most interesting I've read. Thanks for showing us your truly nice and incredible collection.

Thanks. thumbsup2.gif

Hey, what about The Farmer's Daughter. Very risque 1950's covers. I don't know anything other that the covers depicted a really attractive blonde. Do those qualify as GGA covers. Has anyone ever seen those covers ?

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in, Ajaxfarrell

My opinion is that if the book is pre silver age and has a good looking girl on the cover, then it qualifies. However, I will stop short of including Wonder Woman as part of the GGA genre.

By the way, I don't think I've seen this Farmer's Daughter cover.....can someone post it?

Just out of curiosity, why no Wonder Woman? l was actually hoping to see some Namora, Moon Girl, Venus or Sun Girl covers. l have read a couple of the Sun Girl and Namora comics recently and was interested in what the other comics looked like, would have thought they would have qualified for this section. No l have never read any of the Farmers Daughter comics but could give you a look at some covers, sorry they are not better quality scans.

farmersdaughter018sk.jpg

farmersdaughter022nx.jpg

Just out of curiosity, why no Wonder Woman? l was actually hoping to see some Namora, Moon Girl, Venus or Sun Girl covers. l have read a couple of the Sun Girl and Namora comics recently and was interested in what the other comics looked like, would have thought they would have qualified for this section. No l have never read any of the Farmers Daughter comics but could give you a look at some covers, sorry they are not better quality scans.

farmersdaughter018sk.jpg

farmersdaughter022nx.jpg

Thanks for the pics. thumbsup2.gif

I would consider the ones you mentioned above as good girl art. However, since my budget is somewhat limited, I had to stop short of collecting a lot of other titles. If money was no object I would've definitely included these books and many others in my collection. By the way, I love the Namora cover on Sub Mariner #28.

I consider Wonder Woman more of a super-hero title than good girl art, but I'm sure that can be debated. That being said, I do like collecting Sensation Comics as well......even though I haven't purchased any in a while. Here's a link to ones I posted in another thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post789261

My opinion is that if the book is pre silver age and has a good looking girl on the cover, then it qualifies.

About this one? Would it qualify? Wasn't aware of it until today browsing in my Gerbers after looking at some of the early Bug Bunny FCs. I don't recall you posting it. (Scan courtesy of the GCD)

440_4_1.jpg

About this one? Would it qualify?

Definitely. thumbsup2.gif

I would also include some of the romance and horror covers in this mix as well. If someone tried to put a run together of all these gga covers, the number of books could run into the thousands. I mean Jumbo and Jungle Comics by themselves would make up a huge number.

Unfortunately l have not got the Sub-mariner #28 comic, will look around for the cover though, thanks for posting the Sensation comic covers, they were great, l have read a few of the early Wonder Woman comics but not seen those ones before. l have read only a few Golden age comics (mainly because l had never seen them before) l became interested looking at all the cover art around here, while looking for some Detective covers. And a friend has recently currupted me further with the Namora, Moon Girl, Venus and Sun Girl comics, she is currently hunting all over the place for Sun Girl #2, so if any one has a good reading copy for sale we would be very interested. We are readers mainly rather than collectors, so it does not need to be graded, just so long as it is good enough to read

sungirl23um.jpg

ahhh l see what you mean, that would make a nice addition to our collection, but l do not think Mari's budget will stretch that far. But will keep it in mind while searching. I actually think that cover is better than the Namora covers

namora010bq.jpg

namora029rt.jpg

namora034ge.gif

The Namora 3 we have not aquired yet but thought l would throw the cover in to make the complete set (pity they stopped at 3) Hmmm maybe l should have made the covers smaller, did not realise they would be that big blush.gif