• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2022 at 5:43 PM, kav said:

s*** Chi, black widow and eternals def phase bore.

I can't speak for anything except BW since I have less than zero interest on either of the other 2 based on reviews. But I shut BW off about 40 min in, was so bad I just couldn't be bothered to watch it.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:46 PM, Finhead said:

I can't speak for anything except BW since I have less than zero interest on either of the other 2 based on reviews. But I shut BW off about 40 min in, was so bad I just couldn't be bothered to watch it.

I watched all of BW because I was too stunned to shut it off.  Shang chi I gave 15 minutes-awful.  eternals is so bad I didnt even try watching it.

On 1/3/2022 at 7:19 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Marvel movies were completely shut out of China in 2021. Even with that, the MCU's three films before No Way Home...a dead female Avenger, the first Asian super-hero, and a team of obscure superheroes that nobody cared about...were still among the top movies at the box office this year with Shang Chi shattering critical and box office expectations. On television, the MCU practically ruled streaming TV from WandaVision to Hawkeye. I still remember the day WandaVision first aired and the happiness it brought so many in seeing something familiar return in the height of the pandemic. I remember how, not long ago, Shang-Chi returned hope to a gloomy and pessimistic American movie theater industry crushed by non-attendance due to the pandemic. The MCU helped keep the world going during one of the world's darkest times in recent history and has given a lot of people hope that things will get back to normal.

Yeah, they ruled the worst box office in the history of the movies.  That is a big accomplishment. Does not matter, as much as you try and justify it, they lost money.  Spider-Man is the savior for Marvel.

In addition, if you look at the streaming numbers, Netflix kills Disney +. Yes, four MCU shows do make the list, but they are not the top. Netflix has 15 of the shows on the list!!!  From Forbes most streamed shows of 2021 in order!!

According to TV Time, these are the Top 21 most-viewed SVOD series for 2021 as binge-watched from January 1 through December 16 and the American fantasy Lucifer tops the list.

1. Lucifer (Netflix, Six Seasons, 93 Episodes)
  2. Money Heist (Netflix, Five Seasons, 41 Episodes)
  3. Squid Game (Netflix, One Season, 9 Episodes)
  4. Elite (Netflix, Four Seasons, 32 Episodes)
  5. WandaVision (Disney+, One Season, 9 Episodes)
  6. You (Netflix, Three Seasons, 30 Episodes)
  7. The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu, Four Seasons, 46 Episodes)
  8. Lupin (Netflix, Two Seasons, 10 Episodes)
  9. Sex Education (Netflix, Three Seasons, 24 Episodes)
  10. Loki (Disney+, One Season, 6 Episodes)
  11. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+, One Season, 6 Episodes)
  12. The Crown (Netflix, Four Seasons, 40 Episodes)
  13. Cobra Kai (Netflix, Three Seasons, 30 Episodes)
  14. Ted Lasso (AppleTV+, Two Seasons, 22 Episodes)
  15. Atypical (Netflix, Four Seasons, 38 Episodes)
  16. Who Killed Sara? (Netflix, Two Seasons, 18 Episodes)
  17. What If...? (Disney+, One Season, 9 Episodes)
  18. Bridgerton (Netflix, One Season, 8 Episodes)
  19. Locke & Key (Netflix, Two Seasons, 20 Episodes)
  20. Virgin River (Netflix, Three Seasons, 30 Episodes)
  21. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix, Two Seasons, 36 Episodes)

Edited by drotto

On 1/3/2022 at 4:19 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Marvel movies were completely shut out of China in 2021. Even with that, the MCU's three films before No Way Home...a dead female Avenger, the first Asian super-hero, and a team of obscure superheroes that nobody cared about...were still among the top movies at the box office this year with Shang Chi shattering critical and box office expectations. On television, the MCU practically ruled streaming TV from WandaVision to Hawkeye. I still remember the day WandaVision first aired and the happiness it brought so many in seeing something familiar return in the height of the pandemic. I remember how, not long ago, Shang-Chi returned hope to a gloomy and pessimistic American movie theater industry crushed by non-attendance due to the pandemic. The MCU helped keep the world going during one of the world's darkest times in recent history and has given a lot of people hope that things will get back to normal.

2 of 3 are still true

S-M now $150 million BO (on its way to $500 million) > BW,SC & E combined :roflmao:

On 1/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, paperheart said:

2 of 3 are still true

S-M now $150 million BO (on its way to $500 million) > BW,SC & E combined :roflmao:

Disney is going to make more money off a 25% revenue sharing deal then on all the other 2021 movies combined. Let that sink in.

Edited by drotto

On 1/3/2022 at 6:10 PM, drotto said:

Disney is going to make more money off a 25% revenue sharing deal then on all the other 2021 movies combined. Let that sink in.

I just hope Marvel is learning. They thought they could make "just anything" and succeed and they are wrong.

And please fire everyone involved with writing then agreeing to put it in the Black Widow movie the entire idea of scent preventing the hero from attacking. SO BAD!

On 1/3/2022 at 6:51 PM, Artboy99 said:

I just hope Marvel is learning. They thought they could make "just anything" and succeed and they are wrong.

And please fire everyone involved with writing then agreeing to put it in the Black Widow movie the entire idea of scent preventing the hero from attacking. SO BAD!

Zero chance of them learning, it would need to be diverse woke and rely "The Message". Sony likes money that's why Spider-Man was fun and gave the fans what they wanted.  Disney/Marvel want to push there message and have no interest in anything else these days. I have Zero hope for the rest Phase Bore.

On 1/3/2022 at 7:19 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

I really hope someone is paying you for writing this stuff. Because if not :Rocket:

On 1/3/2022 at 7:49 PM, kav said:

I watched all of BW because I was too stunned to shut it off.  Shang chi I gave 15 minutes-awful.  eternals is so bad I didnt even try watching it.

To be fair, Eternals was better than SC.  Not by much but...

I fell asleep during both of those dogs.  SC was probably my least favorite of all the MCU movies (that I've seen).  The bus fight was the only good thing about it.  Eternals?  I guess the highest "praise" I'm able to give it is "I liked it more than SC".  Both movies are utterly forgettable.  I won't be re-watching either of them.  

My wife and daughter both enjoyed SC.  Wife really liked Eternals, daughter did not (and she's a Marvel mark).  

On 1/3/2022 at 9:03 PM, Finhead said:

Zero chance of them learning, it would need to be diverse woke and rely "The Message". Sony likes money that's why Spider-Man was fun and gave the fans what they wanted.  Disney/Marvel want to push there message and have no interest in anything else these days. I have Zero hope for the rest Phase Bore.

I used to think that Spider-Man belonged with Disney where all of the other Marvel characters call home, but you're right. Sony gives Spider-Man's fans what they want, just look at how they approach the video game market.

The Doctor Strange teaser intrigued me, so I'll be waiting for a full trailer to see if there's any more hope in Phase Bore.

On 1/3/2022 at 8:03 PM, drotto said:

Yeah, they ruled the worst box office in the history of the movies.  That is a big accomplishment. Does not matter, as much as you try and justify it, they lost money.  Spider-Man is the savior for Marvel.

In addition, if you look at the streaming numbers, Netflix kills Disney +. Yes, four MCU shows do make the list, but they are not the top. Netflix has 15 of the shows on the list!!!  From Forbes most streamed shows of 2021 in order!!

According to TV Time, these are the Top 21 most-viewed SVOD series for 2021 as binge-watched from January 1 through December 16 and the American fantasy Lucifer tops the list.

1. Lucifer (Netflix, Six Seasons, 93 Episodes)
  2. Money Heist (Netflix, Five Seasons, 41 Episodes)
  3. Squid Game (Netflix, One Season, 9 Episodes)
  4. Elite (Netflix, Four Seasons, 32 Episodes)
  5. WandaVision (Disney+, One Season, 9 Episodes)
  6. You (Netflix, Three Seasons, 30 Episodes)
  7. The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu, Four Seasons, 46 Episodes)
  8. Lupin (Netflix, Two Seasons, 10 Episodes)
  9. Sex Education (Netflix, Three Seasons, 24 Episodes)
  10. Loki (Disney+, One Season, 6 Episodes)
  11. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+, One Season, 6 Episodes)
  12. The Crown (Netflix, Four Seasons, 40 Episodes)
  13. Cobra Kai (Netflix, Three Seasons, 30 Episodes)
  14. Ted Lasso (AppleTV+, Two Seasons, 22 Episodes)
  15. Atypical (Netflix, Four Seasons, 38 Episodes)
  16. Who Killed Sara? (Netflix, Two Seasons, 18 Episodes)
  17. What If...? (Disney+, One Season, 9 Episodes)
  18. Bridgerton (Netflix, One Season, 8 Episodes)
  19. Locke & Key (Netflix, Two Seasons, 20 Episodes)
  20. Virgin River (Netflix, Three Seasons, 30 Episodes)
  21. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix, Two Seasons, 36 Episodes)

Okay, outside of streaming shows about Satan or normal people killing, hating, and stalking each other, the MCU's superheroes ruled streaming television in 2021.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:01 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Okay, outside of streaming shows about Satan or normal people killing, hating, and stalking each other, the MCU's superheroes ruled streaming television in 2021.

:roflmao:

'Dismissing all other shows ahead of them the MCU Disney+ shows ruled the airwaves!'

You are too funny

On 1/3/2022 at 7:46 PM, Finhead said:
On 1/3/2022 at 7:43 PM, kav said:

s*** Chi, black widow and eternals def phase bore.

57059771_emperorhatejpg.jpg.e1b3d3adb725ba0d336e4a278dae0575.jpg

On 1/4/2022 at 3:51 AM, chrisco37 said:

To be fair, Eternals was better than SC.  Not by much but...

I fell asleep during both of those dogs.  SC was probably my least favorite of all the MCU movies (that I've seen).  The bus fight was the only good thing about it.  Eternals?  I guess the highest "praise" I'm able to give it is "I liked it more than SC".  Both movies are utterly forgettable.  I won't be re-watching either of them.  

My wife and daughter both enjoyed SC.  Wife really liked Eternals, daughter did not (and she's a Marvel mark).  

the "only good" part of the movie was where I turned off that piece of dung.  Overacting screaming awkwafina and bus passengers making wise cracks while dude with laser sword slices bus apart I said NOPE.

On 1/4/2022 at 8:04 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I used to think that Spider-Man belonged with Disney where all of the other Marvel characters call home, but you're right. Sony gives Spider-Man's fans what they want, just look at how they approach the video game market.

Yes, that's why Sony ruined the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man Trilogy with that fan pleasing third film because everybody wanted to see Peter boogey down. That's why Sony ruined the story set up in the very good Andrew Garfield Amazing Spider-Man film by turning ASM2 into a MCU wannabe set up for a Spider-Man cinematic universe because that's what the fans wanted. That's why Sony makes the now classic Venom films because the fans want a silly buddy cop Venom. 

Sony owes ALL to Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios for making Spider-Man relevant again.