• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Black CAT club (Cerebus1, Albedo 2, TMNT1)
7 7

895 posts in this topic

The Samurai Rabbit is coming! The Samurai Rabbit is coming!

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/albedo-2-thoughts-and-images-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/p/7279-78001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Any guesses what this could end at?

lf.jpeg

Edited by gonzoo

On 8/1/2022 at 2:54 PM, gonzoo said:

Insane.  More than a Cerebus 1 9.4?  

On 8/17/2022 at 8:05 PM, WolverineX said:

On 8/2/2022 at 5:14 AM, WolverineX said:

Insane.  More than a Cerebus 1 9.4?  

Would you by any chance be referring to this CGC 9.4 graded copy of Cerebus 1 that sold for $29,130 on CL back in February of 2021:  :luhv:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1453575

00399310094000001198112001.jpg

If so, I am quite sure this copy of Albedo 2 will finish higher considering the crazy money that has come into the marketplace since that Cerebus 1 sale plus the fact that this is a highest graded CGC 9.8 copy here.  If nothing else, with the label also stating that this copy is "From The Collection of Stan Sakai" should be more than enough to push this copy over the top as the market (i.e. collectors, speculators, & investors) will just throw crazy money at what they will perceive to be a special unique copy of the book.  :Rocket:

On 8/1/2022 at 2:54 PM, gonzoo said:

Aaaaaand it's gone!

On 8/18/2022 at 2:22 PM, Legion of Goom said:

Aaaaaand it's gone!

Well, I guess that's because they decided to go with this one first in order to hopefully pump up the price for the CGC 9.8 graded copy: :gossip:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/albedo-2-stan-sakai-copy-signature-series-stan-sakai-thoughts-and-images-1984-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/a/7279-92107.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Modern Age (1980-Present):Miscellaneous, Albedo #2 Stan Sakai Copy - Signature Series: Stan Sakai (Thoughts and Images, 1984) CGC NM+ 9.6 White pages....

Makes you wonder just how many good old Stan has stashed away, and a definite blunder to accidentally preview the CGC 9.8 copy first because bidders might just hold off from bidding on this lower graded CGC 9.6 copy here now.  doh!

On 8/18/2022 at 7:15 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess that's because they decided to go with this one first in order to hopefully pump up the price for the CGC 9.8 graded copy: :gossip:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/albedo-2-stan-sakai-copy-signature-series-stan-sakai-thoughts-and-images-1984-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/a/7279-92107.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Modern Age (1980-Present):Miscellaneous, Albedo #2 Stan Sakai Copy - Signature Series: Stan Sakai (Thoughts and Images, 1984) CGC NM+ 9.6 White pages....

Makes you wonder just how many good old Stan has stashed away, and a definite blunder to accidentally preview the CGC 9.8 copy first because bidders might just hold off from bidding on this lower graded CGC 9.6 copy here now.  doh!

That makes a lot of sense

Joined the Black AT club with this latest purchase (it's where it's AT, as I never got into Cerebus and certainly don't care for Dave Sim so won't be hunting that down).

Wasn't ever planning on buying this book but my friend had to sell it to cover financial issues and figure might as well (especially since the book looks amazing in hand and basically high grade due to no ugly color breaking creases, it was knocked down due to stains mostly only visible on the back cover). Now just the question is how long I keep it for.

albedo-2.thumb.jpg.63fb1778cef937282126265c348b0986.jpg

On 10/19/2022 at 10:41 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Joined the Black AT club with this latest purchase (it's where it's AT, as I never got into Cerebus and certainly don't care for Dave Sim so won't be hunting that down).

Wasn't ever planning on buying this book but my friend had to sell it to cover financial issues and figure might as well (especially since the book looks amazing in hand and basically high grade due to no ugly color breaking creases, it was knocked down due to stains mostly only visible on the back cover). Now just the question is how long I keep it for.

Styling and profiling 😂 if I only I could! Nice pick up!

On 10/18/2022 at 9:45 AM, SuperBird said:

And 2 more black covers in the same batch. The Cerebus looks like a 9.4/9.6 to me. Not sure what happened there. 

image.jpg

Sure looks purty from this distance shot even though I can still see a couple of spine ticks from here without having to zoom in.  :luhv:

Did you bothered to check the Graders Notes to see what kind of defects CGC took into account when they "hammered" your copy during the grading process?  :mad:  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

On 10/19/2022 at 11:41 AM, Sauce Dog said:

You should show off your tmnt with it!

Also if you don't like Sim, just get the counterfeit lol

Edited by WolverineX