• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

35 cent Variant List-Help wanted

904 posts in this topic

With all due respect to silverandbronze, I have taken his list and made a small 2 page Excel file with the list of books and a place to check off whether you have the 30 and/or 35 cent variety.

I would be more than happy to send off copies to whomever would like one...simply leave your email and I'll send it right off.

Very cool info! I'm taking my list with me when I do my next round of back issue buying!

More columns I added to excell based on Paul's work:

sale price; grade; highest on CGC census; My highest grade;

But let's not quibble over such trivialities, here's what's worthy of our attention!

Exactly. I'd never seen that Ghost Rider or Dracula in the flesh.

Been gone all weekend. That's a real nice bunch of variants. I was lucky enough to find that Ghost Rider in the lot I bought last spring. Not in as nice condition though.

As for cities, I agree with JC. I'm pretty sure of a city in PA where they were distributed. That's where my IF 13 and 14 came from and I've seen others from there as well. I've also gotten some info regarding another southern city, but the person whose found them there deserves some time to mine his find.

An update and kudos...

The longest-running deal in the history of these forums has been concluded!

Some of you are aware that 14 months ago, silverandbronze and lighthouse began talks on a deal to fill a couple key holes in silverandbronze's 30c variant set... After months of negotiating, more months of email clarification, more months of shipping delays on both sides, more months of email clarification, and more months of nightly visits to the nearest nudie bar, the deal is finally concluded! Between the two of us, we found every possible way to delay a deal, but no longer!

And I must say, it's a good thing the folks on the forum don't know my real name, because if they did, I would have burglars in the house tomorrow. These Westerns you sent are everything you said they were and more. I broke out the powder-free latex gloves (for their intended use this time) and put those babies in mylar as soon as they got here. You had mentioned your spouse commenting how pretty they were, well mine did as well. I showed her a couple of the 20c Rawhide Kids and she completely ignored the homoerotic art to comment on the brilliant color and outstanding gloss.

If these were DC's, I'd have greggy over a barrel, cuz they are certainly "sweet, sweet..." thumbsup2.gif

Here's hoping our next deal is just as good, if maybe a little faster. insane.gifthumbsup2.gifflowerred.gif

Wow, great find! The first MGC 35 center to show up. By my count this means there is a least 1 variant for all possible titles except Rawhide Kid. Is anybody trying to put together a set of these? Who has got the most complete collection? Just in case I find some I'd like to know who would need one for their collection and not to flip.

Lighthouse and Realitytrip are forum members playing for keeps - I'm just enetertaining the possibility for now, but more focused on completing my 30 center collection, though strategic use of 35 centers as trade bait and sources of revenue have been key.

Some names on ebay of guys I've dealt with and trust:

cosmic-spider-man

daffy06

bonas123

Just an FYI that I'm looking to nab a 1970 OPC hockey set for an Xmas present, and as I don't want to bring that "budgetary excess" to my better half 893whatthe.gif, I'll be selling a few 35-centers off next week to supplement.

I will post the pics in the forums first and take potential offers (since you've all been so nice to me grin.gif), and they hit EBay a few days later.

Amongst the people that I'm aware of, I'd bet that cosmic-spider-man is leading the 35 cent variant charge right now. He wins a lot more than he loses on the openly listed ones and he gets his fair share from the bargain bins as well.

matt@napahomes is definitely a major player now, at least with high grade variants. I don't think I've seen him bid on any low grade examples, has anyone else? With the high grade books he puts in scary bids.