• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Maybe i missed one but i only saw 2 35's anyway when your on HA.com how do you get to those books i cant figure it out (and yes i am a member)?

Well maybe one is in another auction but I saw one that was heavily trimmed on the right side of the cover, a nice ext resto 7.0 I believe, and a moderate lmid to low grade copy. I was just surfing the upcoming auctions.

All on HA? thanks guys

ted45lf.jpg

A shame it was trimmed, but I bet we'll see some aggressive plays on this book. A very nice "more reasonable" option for those seeking to get into a Tec 35.

I see this going past 7K easily and even into the 8K range. (Especially given an EP 3.0 brittle paged copy got $4,103 early this year)

Didn't a Tec 35 CGC 3.5 go for north of 17.5K or so last december here on the boards?

I dunno about $7-8K. I'll throw out a guess of $6K. That right edge is wack.... almost hard to believe that isn't trimmed as well. Even so, great colors on this puppy!

ted45lf.jpg

A shame it was trimmed, but I bet we'll see some aggressive plays on this book. A very nice "more reasonable" option for those seeking to get into a Tec 35.

I see this going past 7K easily and even into the 8K range. (Especially given an EP 3.0 brittle paged copy got $4,103 early this year)

Didn't a Tec 35 CGC 3.5 go for north of 17.5K or so last december here on the boards?

I dunno about $7-8K. I'll throw out a guess of $6K. That right edge is wack.... almost hard to believe that isn't trimmed as well. Even so, great colors on this puppy!

I may be wrong, but I think the value is there. :sumo::grin:

Just depends on the bidders I guess. :busy:

ted45lf.jpg

I hope it hits $6K+ but I doubt it will fetch much over $4k. I picked mine up for less than $7K (but I think I got a good deal):

Tec35MetroR.jpg

The colors on that 2.5 copy are amazing though.

ted45lf.jpg

I hope it hits $6K+ but I doubt it will fetch much over $4k. I picked mine up for less than $7K (but I think I got a good deal):

Tec35MetroR.jpg

I think you guys aren't being aggressive enough. :P

I sold my CGC .5 Restored SA Tec 35 for $5,101 back in April, and again a brittle paged (slightly brittle?) EP 3.0 got over $4,103.

So in theory a 2.5 SA in my mind should certainly hit over $7,000 if I could get $5,101 for a mere .5 SA. If the 2.5 on auction goes under 5K than prices are slipping and I may need to add another Tec 35 to my belt. :devil:

And Surfer, how on earth did you get that gorgeous Tec 35 for under 7K!?!?! That's quite frankly one of the best deals ever, ever, ever. :o(worship)(worship)

I can't tell from the scan is there any major work done or anything? It at least does not appear so from the scan. hm

I believe mine is the Diamond run copy that a few years ago was graded as 4.0 Slight A with glue alone the interior of the spine. This is my 3rd copy I've owned but I've always flipped them almost immediately. Going to try and hang on to this copy for a while.
It is the DR copy as I owned it from 2007-2009.

I believe mine is the Diamond run copy that a few years ago was graded as 4.0 Slight A with glue alone the interior of the spine. This is my 3rd copy I've owned but I've always flipped them almost immediately. Going to try and hang on to this copy for a while.

That's amazing, that's easily worth over 5 figures now. A 4.0 blue sold for over 2x and then a blue 3.5 sold the board here for somewhere in the 17.5 range last decemeber.

I think this year the Tec 35's have come down just a slight bit because we've seen an overabundance of them in the market this year, (for example I think it's been over 4 restored on Clink alone, and 2 blue) and 1-2 years ago we hardly saw one if any if felt. (0 on clink last year to my knowledge vs this year 6 or more) :o

Edited by Bat-Man

ted45lf.jpg

I think you guys aren't being aggressive enough. :P

I sold my CGC .5 Restored SA Tec 35 for $5,101 back in April, and again a brittle paged (slightly brittle?) EP 3.0 got over $4,103.

So in theory a 2.5 SA in my mind should certainly hit over $7,000 if I could get $5,101 for a mere .5 SA. If the 2.5 on auction goes under 5K than prices are slipping and I may need to add another Tec 35 to my belt. :devil:

And Surfer, how on earth did you get that gorgeous Tec 35 for under 7K!?!?! That's quite frankly one of the best deals ever, ever, ever. :o(worship)(worship)

I can't tell from the scan is there any major work done or anything? It at least does not appear so from the scan. hm

Just speaking for myself, I would value this one closer to 1.5-1.8 than 2.5 (though perhaps bidders who place more importance on the label grade will disagree), even before factoring in the trimming. While it's still a desirable book, the paper showing along the right and bottom edges is pretty distracting.