• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

What the price of a low grade Tec #31? hm

The last CGC 2.5 sold for $14,000 earlier this year.

Well,that book won't be in my collection (Can't save that much cash :( )

It is pricey. But they all are. :eek:

That is, until you meet someone named Helen on eBay. :baiting:

Sorry, buddy. I just can't help it. lol

:cry:

Clink beating me for the Tec 35 ---> :makepoint:

What's the story on this one?

There was an old woman selling her father's original owner comics on eBay. Most were "junk." But one was a very nice Tec 35. It was not graded and the pics were lacking but it was still worth the gamble. It had 3-4 days to go on bidding and it was only up to $2,500 or so. I was planning on making a very serious play for it. Then *poof* it's been removed. I messaged her and she said she was overwhelmed with questions about the book. And decided to take it off after "a nice man" said she could get more for it once its been "graded and inspected" (CGC I assumed). I asked if she was still selling as I was greatly interested. She gave me her e-mail, we exchanged a few. She said she would keep me posted as to what happened with the book. She did not, and I saw it had popped up on Clink as a CGC 3.0 Blue. Sold for about $11,800 initially. A few K more than I had at the time, so I lost the sucker. :cry:

Very happy the woman and her father got top dollar for the book. (thumbs u

Sad I lost it :sorry:

(however I did end up finding another Tec 35 so its all good :cool: )

There was an old woman selling her father's original owner comics on eBay. Most were "junk." But one was a very nice Tec 35. It was not graded and the pics were lacking but it was still worth the gamble. It had 3-4 days to go on bidding and it was only up to $2,500 or so. I was planning on making a very serious play for it. Then *poof* it's been removed. I messaged her and she said she was overwhelmed with questions about the book. And decided to take it off after "a nice man" said she could get more for it once its been "graded and inspected" (CGC I assumed). I asked if she was still selling as I was greatly interested. She gave me her e-mail, we exchanged a few. She said she would keep me posted as to what happened with the book. She did not, and I saw it had popped up on Clink as a CGC 3.0 Blue. Sold for about $11,800 initially. A few K more than I had at the time, so I lost the sucker. :cry:

That's an interesting story. And I know what you mean; good that the owner was able to receive top-dollar but it's always going to be disappointing when you miss out on what could have been a golden-opportunity.

And since you were able to later pick up a Tec #35; sometimes things can still work out for the best. (thumbs u

That's an interesting story. And I know what you mean; good that the owner was able to receive top-dollar but it's always going to be disappointing when you miss out on what could have been a golden-opportunity.

And since you were able to later pick up a Tec #35; sometimes things can still work out for the best. (thumbs u

Yep!

It did all work out in the end.

Picked up this little beauty after.

IMG_1817.jpg

:luhv:

Yep!

It did all work out in the end.

Picked up this little beauty after.

IMG_1817.jpg

:luhv:

Me likey :grin:

Already posted this, but felt the thread needed a bump.

Picked up off Metro. (Creasing and lines are from poly sleeve not the case)

Tec 30 :cloud9:

IMG_2654.jpg

Man, that looks incredible! Those colors and whites just scream. Great pickup! :applause:

Already posted this, but felt the thread needed a bump.

Picked up off Metro. (Creasing and lines are from poly sleeve not the case)

Tec 30 :cloud9:

IMG_2654.jpg

Man, that looks incredible! Those colors and whites just scream. Great pickup! :applause:

Pretty cover (thumbs u