• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,215 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

A 9.8 second print sold 20K 

9.6 second prints 15K

9.8 third print 10K

Have you got any links for these? I hadn't seen a 9.8 2nd print up for sale anywhere and gpa has no record of these...thx

My bad maybe it was 9.6 that sold . Regardless 9.8 in market is easily over 20 that last 9.6 was strong sale on heritage April 5/2021 . 

The 9.8 third print was offered on comic collector dot com no buyers at that time for 9.8 I purchased 9.6 ( three available ) then that copy went to eBay where it hit nearly 10 large . 

Edited by Subby1938

Comic Tom posted third print info where I’m sure he got info from confirmed sales because that’s what they do anyways . Crazy thing is I could have bought 9.8 third for 6K Canadian and chose 9.6 to match my issues 2-4 . In two weeks the price shot up . 

3487ABCC-9EC9-475D-AB26-8BC6A35EE26E.png

C1235FD9-A90D-425E-B921-84E66F7CC69D.png

Edited by Subby1938

On 6/8/2021 at 11:47 PM, Subby1938 said:

The 9.8 third print was offered on comic collector dot com no buyers at that time for 9.8 I purchased 9.6 ( three available ) then that copy went to eBay where it hit nearly 10 large . 

I've been looking around trying to source this sale of 10 large to no avail. Have you got a link? ComicTom is not a reliable source and any information shared by him should be heavily scrutinized...

The highest sale I can see in the real world is $5500 on April 8 but I may not be seeing all the info

cheers

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

hmm, will this start pulling up midgrades like 6.0 around $20,000?  

It's very possible... The demand is so high and the supply so low that mid/low grades have lots of wiggle room. Let me say this: TMNT #1 is no ASM 300/IH 181 where there are 10's of thousands of copies graded for each and many more ungraded. There are literally only 3000 (+300) copies of the most important/popular book since the 1980's...the potential far outstrips any downside.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:47 PM, Subby1938 said:

Regardless 9.8 in market is easily over 20 that last 9.6 was strong sale on heritage April 5/2021 .

Sorry to keep focusing on your posts...nothing personal :foryou:

I'm looking for a reason that 2nd print would be over $20k but can't find one at the moment. The last few sales of 9.6 (without double cover) were around $7k which would put 9.8's between $14k and $18k imo. Trust me, I would love it to be way higher but we have to be reasonable. The sale of the double cover on April is an outlier, just like the 9.4 SS 1st print that went for $45k. The buyer wanted that/those copies regardless of what it ended up costing. what is clear is that standard copies' prices are strong but not that strong.

45 minutes ago, pubmonkey said:

It's very possible... The demand is so high and the supply so low that mid/low grades have lots of wiggle room. Let me say this: TMNT #1 is no ASM 300/IH 181 where there are 10's of thousands of copies graded for each and many more ungraded. There are literally only 3000 (+300) copies of the most important/popular book since the 1980's...the potential far outstrips any downside.

In this market,  tmnt 1 first prints seem cheap lol

1 hour ago, pubmonkey said:

I've been looking around trying to source this sale of 10 large to no avail. Have you got a link? ComicTom is not a reliable source and any information shared by him should be heavily scrutinized...

The highest sale I can see in the real world is $5500 on April 8 but I may not be seeing all the info

cheers

I purchased my 9.6 third print issue 1 from collector comics in California . At the time of my purchase there was 9.8 for sale . Reach and ask them I’m sure they can tell you as it sold . I remember a sale on eBay of 9.8 not long ago it may have been them 

Here's the $9,100.00 sale for the TMNT #1 3rd Print 9.8 on Comic Link for the auction that ended May 6th. If you don't have an account click on the history and you can see the winning bid.

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp%3Freturning%3D1%26pg%3D2&id=1473263

Use your personal intuition as opposed to what the mob or think-tank says (even if it is a friendly, loving and earnest mob or tank as here :insane:). When prices spike on books, which were always accessible at significantly lower prices in the recent past it more often indicates a panic mentality and not a scarcity or true worth.  Reading these TMNT posts I see more of a sense of regret and got to catch this gravy train than anything else that indicates true increased value. In the end I see these books coming down to earth (not a crash but a gradual descending - sort of like a helium balloon coming down to earth).  My 2 cents :preach:

What causes helium balloons to lose their lift after a day or two? The answer is pretty simple: the helium leaks out. Helium is a very small atom and latex is pretty porous at the scale of a helium atom (if you ever go looking to buy balloons, you will see that there are "helium-grade" balloons, which try to be thicker and less porous). o.O

LEMMINGS.JPG

10 hours ago, gonzoo said:

Here's the $9,100.00 sale for the TMNT #1 3rd Print 9.8 on Comic Link for the auction that ended May 6th. If you don't have an account click on the history and you can see the winning bid.

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp%3Freturning%3D1%26pg%3D2&id=1473263

yup, there it is...wow! 

thanks for posting the link (thumbsu

8 hours ago, Roger66 said:

Use your personal intuition as opposed to what the mob or think-tank says (even if it is a friendly, loving and earnest mob or tank as here :insane:). When prices spike on books, which were always accessible at significantly lower prices in the recent past it more often indicates a panic mentality and not a scarcity or true worth.  Reading these TMNT posts I see more of a sense of regret and got to catch this gravy train than anything else that indicates true increased value. In the end I see these books coming down to earth (not a crash but a gradual descending - sort of like a helium balloon coming down to earth).  My 2 cents :preach:

What causes helium balloons to lose their lift after a day or two? The answer is pretty simple: the helium leaks out. Helium is a very small atom and latex is pretty porous at the scale of a helium atom (if you ever go looking to buy balloons, you will see that there are "helium-grade" balloons, which try to be thicker and less porous). o.O

LEMMINGS.JPG

You must be in the wrong forum. Crypto chat is elsewhere down the corridor at room 12...:baiting:

Edited by pubmonkey

33 minutes ago, pubmonkey said:

yup, there it is...wow! 

thanks for posting the link (thumbsu

I think that’s why comic Tom posted that high sale . I made an error said eBay it was heritage. Sorry for any confusion. I lose track with so many different auctions I follow