• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,215 posts in this topic

This one on eBay is surprising. I thought (speculated) it would top at $15k or there about considering,IMO, it is not a 9.6 based on the many color breaking creases, it's PGX, the signature looks suspect, and the seller is newish. These things together making it where someone would put some money at risk but not nearing what seems to be current floors in the $50k area. 

2 hours ago, RMG1 said:

This one on eBay is surprising. I thought (speculated) it would top at $15k or there about considering,IMO, it is not a 9.6 based on the many color breaking creases, it's PGX, the signature looks suspect, and the seller is newish. These things together making it where someone would put some money at risk but not nearing what seems to be current floors in the $50k area. 

I came here to see if anyone’s posted this. That’s the worst 9.6 I’ve ever seen. CGC that would be a 9.2 at best and that’s not taking into account the unvalidated sig/remark. At 40k someone is severely overpaying - if the auction is even legit. This same seller just sold a CGC 7.0 1st print for 12k last week.

2 hours ago, RMG1 said:

WTTB!

How did that ever get a 9.6??? definitely buyer beware. 

1 hour ago, pubmonkey said:
4 hours ago, RMG1 said:

WTTB!

and of course mister Burns would get the 666 reply in this thread hm 

image.thumb.png.24cafc64e7929ec7484985fa1de4a231.png

3 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

WTTB!

PGX is known for giving gift grades, especially if the owner is the one who has the book. The signature looks authentic. Just don’t trust that it’s not trimmed or color touched. And there’s no question it’s WAY over graded.

1-4 always get all the love (rightfully so), but I wonder when other early issues will start to pop in value/cost - I was at a show this weekend and saw a raw #10 as an $80 wall book. Obviously anybody can ask for any price, but it surprised me because I feel like you can still find it for $20-30. Maybe it was overpriced, but on the other hand, it does seem like a lot of those early books from the first run should cost more...

1 hour ago, Jesse-Lee said:

1-4 always get all the love (rightfully so), but I wonder when other early issues will start to pop in value/cost - I was at a show this weekend and saw a raw #10 as an $80 wall book. Obviously anybody can ask for any price, but it surprised me because I feel like you can still find it for $20-30. Maybe it was overpriced, but on the other hand, it does seem like a lot of those early books from the first run should cost more...

Shhhhhhh! Dont tell too many about this, not before we all get ours.😉

It’s the 9.8 game that gets attention from issues 5-17. Very hard to find some of those . I see 9.6s all over Ebay so the pricing has not caught on yet from what I see issues 1-4 sell for . The third prints issue 1s have really climbed and all dried up 9.2 or higher . Just a month or so ago you could find 9.4-9.8 for sale but for good money. 

46 minutes ago, tvindy said:

And that's where it ended. :(

I had expected at least a little last-minute sniping, but there was none.

Seriously - I wasn’t expecting that. I don’t recall seeing that hardly with any books I watch, let alone bid on WTH 😂 

2E963FA2-5C4B-477D-8D1D-8D6667151E80.gif.e5f53bd885bf185a4cd030d0cdc7e2ff.gif

Edited by Icculus308win

31 minutes ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Me too. Are sigs inside worth $22k? hm

They must be worth something.  That auction on CC was fun to watch.  Definitely two bidders going back and forth adding 2 minutes to the clock for like 25 minutes as it passed 50k. 

This #3 Variant cover CGC 9.6 SS from Kevin Eastman's Collection just went for $5,532.  Seems like a steal considering the 9.8 Variant on CC last month!  Those OG sigs on inside cover must be very desirable!

20 minutes ago, DPV said:

They must be worth something.  That auction on CC was fun to watch.  Definitely two bidders going back and forth adding 2 minutes to the clock for like 25 minutes as it passed 50k. 

This #3 Variant cover CGC 9.6 SS from Kevin Eastman's Collection just went for $5,532.  Seems like a steal considering the 9.8 Variant on CC last month!  Those OG sigs on inside cover must be very desirable!

I think that #3 Variant from Kevin Eastman's Collection would have been worth more as a CGC 9.6 unsigned.  "From the Collection of Kevin Eastman" notation on the label would have been enough to tie it all the way back to that NY convention in 1985. 

Throwing that modern CGC-style signature on the front cover in 2015 feels like an "injury" that has to be forever noted in the book's "medical" history.

1 hour ago, tvindy said:
3 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Tmnt #1 9.6 C-Link

T-minus 2 hours & 47 minutes   
Current bid $66,000

I thought the Comic Connect copy that ended at $88,000 would stop at $65K, so that's two copies that have now exceeded (however slightly) the estimates I had.

The interior sigs I think are very cool for TMNT #1 in any print, great for a non SS fan (at least imho) and I’d think well liked for those who are. 
I owned a 9.6 with sigs just like that one from CC and my 9.8 has them on first page (att)
Personally I think they are a a total bonus to have - the two true undisputed creators/writers/artists sigs in there. (No contention by them or anyone lol Not quite the case as we see and hear thru the years with Marvel characters or over with Kane=>Bill Finger) 

Monetarily…I just thought a little premium kinda like ow vs white pages with SA Marvels. But maybe are more valued/coveted or perhaps no correlation whatsoever. There are a decent number of first print #1s with their sigs out there. 

60D31D00-3378-4A80-8997-E6A9EA8CE5C0.thumb.jpeg.3d729eaf627527df31b02eef5cbc37ae.jpeg

127686DD-9018-4BCA-B3E7-C3A7A7BC62E5.thumb.jpeg.e8f811e7a179a4b9eb1c5adffa3e9d75.jpeg

Edited by Icculus308win

32 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

The interior sigs I think are very cool for TMNT #1 in any print, great for a non SS fan (at least imho) and I’d think well liked for those who are. 
I owned a 9.6 with sigs just like that one from CC and my 9.8 has them on first page (att)
Personally I think they are a a total bonus to have - the two true undisputed creators/writers/artists sigs in there. (No contention by them or anyone lol Not quite the case as we see and hear thru the years with Marvel characters or over with Kane=>Bill Finger) 

Monetarily…I just thought a little premium kinda like ow/w vs white pages with SA Marvels. But maybe are more valued/coveted or perhaps no correlation whatsoever. There are a decent number of first print #1s with their sigs out there. 

60D31D00-3378-4A80-8997-E6A9EA8CE5C0.thumb.jpeg.3d729eaf627527df31b02eef5cbc37ae.jpeg

127686DD-9018-4BCA-B3E7-C3A7A7BC62E5.thumb.jpeg.e8f811e7a179a4b9eb1c5adffa3e9d75.jpeg

I think you're right.  And what a beauty that is!  Checks all the boxes, really is as good as it gets.  That is literally my favorite comic, can't beat it.

What do we think the CGC 9.4 #1 on Comic Connect starting in a few days will go for?  It has the same sigs on the interior.  It's been a while since a 9.4 sold as far as I can tell.  I think 50k+ given the 9.6 with sigs at 88.  But who knows.  Maybe closer to 40 if the sigs don't mean as much.   

18 hours ago, tvindy said:

Just checking in now and am not surprised with the results. A little sniping would have been more fun.

There's definitely a premium for interior sigs from way back when. Does this impact prices on #2 at all?

17 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Monetarily…I just thought a little premium kinda like ow vs white pages with SA Marvels. But maybe are more valued/coveted or perhaps no correlation whatsoever. There are a decent number of first print #1s with their sigs out there. 

cool sigs!