• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official TMNT Speculation Thread
14 14

1,215 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, Icculus308win said:

Seriously - I wasn’t expecting that. I don’t recall seeing that hardly with any books I watch, let alone bid on WTH 😂 

2E963FA2-5C4B-477D-8D1D-8D6667151E80.gif.e5f53bd885bf185a4cd030d0cdc7e2ff.gif

Agreed as well. These are low quantity end-user books that maybe flushing out with prices at the moment but when picked up won't be seen for a long time, IMO. If someone is waiting for more copies to pop out they may be sorry they waited. C'est la vie. $66k is still healthy. 

On 8/28/2020 at 4:33 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

The original Archie 3 issue mini series is still undervalued considering it holds first appearances of Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang.  Other than Shredder, those have to be the most iconic villains for the shellheads.

I just acquired this set and man, it feels like it’s really picking up steam. The quality of the stories in the Archie books is weak, but there are some covers that are superb and very appealing for collectors. And given how pricey the Mirage series has gotten, I’d not be surprised to see folks shifting  to this more affordable series.

On 5/27/2021 at 10:57 PM, Icculus308win said:

The interior sigs I think are very cool for TMNT #1 in any print, great for a non SS fan (at least imho) and I’d think well liked for those who are. 
I owned a 9.6 with sigs just like that one from CC and my 9.8 has them on first page (att)
Personally I think they are a a total bonus to have - the two true undisputed creators/writers/artists sigs in there. (No contention by them or anyone lol Not quite the case as we see and hear thru the years with Marvel characters or over with Kane=>Bill Finger) 

Monetarily…I just thought a little premium kinda like ow vs white pages with SA Marvels. But maybe are more valued/coveted or perhaps no correlation whatsoever. There are a decent number of first print #1s with their sigs out there. 

60D31D00-3378-4A80-8997-E6A9EA8CE5C0.thumb.jpeg.3d729eaf627527df31b02eef5cbc37ae.jpeg

127686DD-9018-4BCA-B3E7-C3A7A7BC62E5.thumb.jpeg.e8f811e7a179a4b9eb1c5adffa3e9d75.jpeg

I was fortunate as my #1 has both signatures and remarques from BOTH Eastman and Laird (signature series). Such a treat ❤️

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

really?  How much per point are we at now for 1st prints? 

Can't nail that down exactly, as lower grade books are often bidding wars just to buy into it. At the very least it is 2k per full grade point (my 5.0 sold for 10k, and I think a 6.5 sold this week for around 12k)

4 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Can't nail that down exactly, as lower grade books are often bidding wars just to buy into it. At the very least it is 2k per full grade point (my 5.0 sold for 10k, and I think a 6.5 sold this week for around 12k)

hmm... 10k to 12k for 5.0s and 6.0s seems to be what it was a few months ago as well. 

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

hmm... 10k to 12k for 5.0s and 6.0s seems to be what it was a few months ago as well. 

Yup, I was watching the 6.5 with interest since it is the closest grade to the one I sold (way back last September) and was surprised it didn't go for more.

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

so prices could be plateauing or dropping a bit.  

Hard to tell, especially since this was an Ebay listing. Ebay recently restructured how the comic categories work and as a result it is very hard to find matching items unless they are correctly tagged. I'm finding right now many auctions are not getting the overall attention they usually get, and I think it is due to users struggling to see everything of interest.

4 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Hard to tell, especially since this was an Ebay listing. Ebay recently restructured how the comic categories work and as a result it is very hard to find matching items unless they are correctly tagged. I'm finding right now many auctions are not getting the overall attention they usually get, and I think it is due to users struggling to see everything of interest.

It's possible.  I've just seen weakness in the market since bitcoin crashed .