• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

725 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2022 at 1:09 AM, MetaMucil said:

I still have to get the Now series

It's really, really, really bad.  I'd avoid it unless:

1) you're a Terminator fanatic and just want it so that you can add it to a pile of Terminator collectibles you already own, or:

2) you want to have fun catching all the artwork swipes from other books, particularly from books by John Byrne.  

On 9/29/2022 at 6:12 PM, djzombi said:

It's really, really, really bad.  I'd avoid it unless:

1) you're a Terminator fanatic and just want it so that you can add it to a pile of Terminator collectibles you already own, or:

2) you want to have fun catching all the artwork swipes from other books, particularly from books by John Byrne.  

I have the complete run but have never read them. I used to be a Byrne completionist(guy is WAY too prolific).  I’m going to have to go check out the swipes :popcorn:

On 9/18/2022 at 6:02 PM, MAR1979 said:

Just back from CGC this was one of my childhood copies and the second one I've submitted.  252 has special meaning to me. Back in the day my Mom read in the newspaper that ASM 252 was going to be big and it mentioned collectors were purchasing multiple copies for the future.

She asked if I had it, i said yes but only one copy due to funds. She then gave me $5 and said get more. Back then even $5 meant a lot to my Mom, she worked 2 jobs to keep us clothed and fed. I then went over to my LCS and purchased 3 more copies of 252 - as I recall they were 1.50 each by then which was more than double the original cost 2 weeks prior.. I do wish Mom was still here to see what happened with the book.

Please note this copy was pressed due to a very minor issue on the back, I'm reasonably sure it would have received a 9.8 anyhow, but wanted to make sure. 

Thanks Mom!

ASM252-98.thumb.jpg.d4256147cd210d1f9ffe77e527fa81f7.jpg

Found a copy of the exact article my Mom read, it's from Feb 2, 1984
939972852_Spidey252NYDailyNewsFeb21984.thumb.jpg.8a0a0469134b4005f85303d4de1f461b.jpg

Gosh what a big key to have investing foresight on. I’m holding onto all my copies. I feel they’re undervalued along with Secret Wars 8 and MT141. Black suit Spidey will hit the silver screen again!