• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

726 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 2:03 PM, The Meta said:

@valiantman I picked up a Deathmate Pink on auction without knowing anything about it, other than it is a "preview"

Was it a prologue to the story? Or an outline of how Deathmate was to unfold?

Deathmate was a bit of a disaster thanks to Image having no ability to ship anything on time at that point in their history. So, whatever the intended outline of the story should have been, it didn't happen because only the Valiant books shipped on time. The order wasn't very clear in the first place, since they used colors instead of numbers.

Deathmate Pink was free with Previews catalog, so it's pretty common. Just 4 folds (8 pages including covers), and I think it previewed Deathmate Yellow.

On 9/6/2022 at 1:29 PM, valiantman said:

Deathmate was a bit of a disaster thanks to Image having no ability to ship anything on time at that point in their history. So, whatever the intended outline of the story should have been, it didn't happen because only the Valiant books shipped on time. The order wasn't very clear in the first place, since they used colors instead of numbers.

Deathmate Pink was free with Previews catalog, so it's pretty common. Just 4 folds (8 pages including covers), and I think it previewed Deathmate Yellow.

And red was the last to hit stands, correct?

On 9/6/2022 at 2:36 PM, The Meta said:
On 9/6/2022 at 2:29 PM, valiantman said:

And red was the last to hit stands, correct?

Yes, it even came out after Deathmate Epilogue because Rob Liefeld couldn't finish his pages.

On 9/13/2022 at 3:59 PM, Microchip said:

What was the price?  30 books, $30?

It was from a Spidey collection of 200+ books. I paid $180 for it. These are some of the highlights. Oh what's crazy is the seller mentioned about a helper to the Punisher.. what's his name he asked? I told him Microchip.. he said every hero should have one

Edited by littledoom

On 9/14/2022 at 10:07 AM, littledoom said:

It was from a Spidey collection of 200+ books. I paid $180 for it. These are some of the highlights. Oh what's crazy is the seller mentioned about a helper to the Punisher.. what's his name he asked? I told him Microchip.. he said every hero should have one

I just googled him, they killed him off in 2011, I need to change my avatar name!

But I did love those early Punisher issues where he was on the scene (thumbsu

On 9/13/2022 at 9:09 PM, Microchip said:

I just googled him, they killed him off in 2011, I need to change my avatar name!

But I did love those early Punisher issues where he was on the scene (thumbsu

I had wondered about that when @nepatkmmentioned the issue he got expired,  but figured he'd come back hm

Then I'm not sure how much punisher is now favored with comics, hope though

On 9/13/2022 at 9:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had wondered about that when @nepatkmmentioned the issue he got expired,  but figured he'd come back hm

Then I'm not sure how much punisher is now favored with comics, hope though

Meaning I thought Microchip ran out of time more recently 

On 9/13/2022 at 8:02 PM, Microchip said:

I long lost track of things.   But it does seem like a bit of waste killing him off.   No such thing as retirement in the Marvel universe.

I remember when it was a hot book during the Netflix show back in the 2010s! I found more after finding these in my neighbor's collection. Unread untouched closed store overstock! Idk how many copies but there’s quite a few 

FD9F7CAB-2A4F-4C19-A00B-FB85B5957D64.thumb.jpeg.ac2094cce427df5ccbe59bfcbfda3300.jpeg

Edited by littledoom

On 9/14/2022 at 1:42 PM, littledoom said:

I remember when it was a hot book during the Netflix show back in the 2010s! I found more after finding these in my neighbor's collection. Unread untouched closed store overstock! Idk how many copies but there’s quite a few 

FD9F7CAB-2A4F-4C19-A00B-FB85B5957D64.thumb.jpeg.ac2094cce427df5ccbe59bfcbfda3300.jpeg

Both Microchip, and Microchip junior who first appeared in that issue have been killed off :facepalm:

Still a great issue IMO.