• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2022 at 2:41 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

OMG....just watched Episode 3.

Worst one so far! 

I might just wait for the spoilers to see if the episode is even worth watching.  This show has been terrible so far IMO. 

Spoiler

Temuera looks utterly bored and tired in this series. Rare high spots in the flashbacks, but especially in the real-time sequences he looks stiff and bored. 

"Happy Days" gang on vespas, ugh! 

Edited by jcjames

On 1/12/2022 at 6:30 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Maybe the multicolored moped gang forms Voltron or something?

Wouldn't even think it would be that neat. More along the lines of Captain Planet... 

May have been a bit slow, but I think it's setting up a lot of stuff and had some real good easter eggs and call backs. I enjoyed it. I think they gave Rodriguez all the episodes to move the story along. Kid gloves approach. 

Any Rebels fans notice the Meilooruns at the end of the chase scene?

Edited by awakeintheashes

"They are going to war." 

I don't think "they" includes Fett and his gang. I think we may be getting a Pyke vs Crimson Dawn war. If I were to guess, Fett knew a war was brewing. He came to Tatooine to spill some gas and light a match. The war is his chance to settle whatever score he has left to settle. Just a guess, but I don't think the Pykes would go to war with Fett and his small crime ring. If they did, that would be some of the dumbest storytelling ever. The Pykes, like Wu-Tang, ain't nothing to __ with.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:09 PM, Xenosmilus said:

?

He delivered Han to Jabba and hasn’t left Tatooine since. Hence he came to Tatoonie at the behest (or reward) of Jabba.

?

Did you watch the Mandalorian? More specifically, the end credit scene?

Also, for anyone wondering why Fett would be interested in settling a score with Crimson Dawn..

Spoiler

CD stole Han Solo from Fett between Empire and ROTJ.

No love lost there.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:15 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Sorry, I’m still in shock by the robotic hipsters on fluorescent colored mopeds road scene…:roflmao:

lol Yeah, could have done without that. It was a scene that works in animation, but not so well in live action. Again, I think they are taking the Kid Gloves approach with the Rodriguez episodes. Light on action, more focus on moving the story, which I find weird because he last-minute directed the action-packed Mando episode where Fett gets reintroduced in all his glory. 

Episode 3 Review:  Non-spoiler version- aside from not having a coherent story arc for the episode and a non-sensical inciting event, the heavy reliance on nostalgia for previous Star Wars iconography was a sad substitute for an interesting story.  1/5

Spoiler version-

Spoiler

Robert Rodriguez should never be allowed near anything for adults and perhaps not children either.  He seems to only think in splash imagery and somehow contrives his way from one to another.  Even the introduction of Boba and the Rancor, which was made for gravitas, somehow comes out as a milquetoast, chumpy side note.  And having to watch a chase scene with the special power kids on their brightly colored scooters was like getting kicked in the johnnies repeatedly.

All of this followed by an abrupt ending that I couldn't possibly care less about, so it's not a cliffhanger.  More like the story teller ran out of story in the middle of a boring improvisation.  I feel bad for both Favreau (who has clearly demonstrated his repeated ability to tell a great story) and the actors (Several of which exude serious drama without breaking a sweat) for having to endure that.  

Please, please, sweet lord, do not have anymore episodes involving this director.  I beg of you. This show has the ability to be great.  It will be, as long as you keep out the saboteurs.

On 1/13/2022 at 2:39 AM, Randall Dowling said:

Episode 3 Review:  Non-spoiler version- aside from not having a coherent story arc for the episode and a non-sensical inciting event, the heavy reliance on nostalgia for previous Star Wars iconography was a sad substitute for an interesting story.  1/5

Spoiler version-

Hide contents

Robert Rodriguez should never be allowed near anything for adults and perhaps not children either.  He seems to only think in splash imagery and somehow contrives his way from one to another.  Even the introduction of Boba and the Rancor, which was made for gravitas, somehow comes out as a milquetoast, chumpy side note.  And having to watch a chase scene with the special power kids on their brightly colored scooters was like getting kicked in the johnnies repeatedly.

All of this followed by an abrupt ending that I couldn't possibly care less about, so it's not a cliffhanger.  More like the story teller ran out of story in the middle of a boring improvisation.  I feel bad for both Favreau (who has clearly demonstrated his repeated ability to tell a great story) and the actors (Several of which exude serious drama without breaking a sweat) for having to endure that.  

Please, please, sweet lord, do not have anymore episodes involving this director.  I beg of you. This show has the ability to be great.  It will be, as long as you keep out the saboteurs.

He’s got one more episode left of Spy Kids meets Star Wars I believe. 

On 1/13/2022 at 7:36 AM, awakeintheashes said:

He’s got one more episode left of Spy Kids meets Star Wars I believe. 

That's a great way to summarize it!

I was okay with Episode 3. Not blown away. But completely disappointed. Just recognizing with these very short seasons 'filler episodes' can make or break the results. This isn't the CW with 23-26 episodes so you insert 10 as comfort pieces.