• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2022 at 7:59 AM, Bosco685 said:

That's a great way to summarize it!

I was okay with Episode 3. Not blown away. But completely disappointed. Just recognizing with these very short seasons 'filler episodes' can make or break the results. This isn't the CW with 23-26 episodes so you insert 10 as comfort pieces.

I think his episodes will be fine when the season is over and they fit in with the others, but on their own they are not very strong.

Aside from one more Rodriguez episode, the other directors left include Filoni, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Kevin Tancharoen. 

Mando’s Filoni episode saw Ashoka coming back. Is his Fett episode going to bring another one of his creations to life? Hera? Rex? Rex has to be about ready to kick the bucket given on how quickly Clones age not named Boba Fett and Omega. I don’t think Omega has the advanced aging gene. Can’t remember if it was confirmed or just implied. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

I have not watched any of this show yet, I am waiting until I have the entire season 1 then I will binge watch. That said: The reviews I have been reading tell me that I may just pass on this.

I boycotted Star Wars altogether after seeing the Last Jedi. I didn't watch Mandalorian until many said that it was good. I watched Mandalorian and loved it!

I was hoping for more of that with The Book of Boba Fett, but clearly not.

A friend of mine posted on Facebook how disappointed he is with this show and to summarize:

What he doesn't like is that Boba Fett that we all loved was this mysterious badass and we are not seeing that in the new show. We saw it in the Mandalorian though, so perhaps that is why we all loved the Mandalorian - we got to see more badass "Boba Fett".

On 1/13/2022 at 8:45 AM, Artboy99 said:

What he doesn't like is that Boba Fett that we all loved was this mysterious badass and we are not seeing that in the new show. We saw it in the Mandalorian though, so perhaps that is why we all loved the Mandalorian - we got to see more badass "Boba Fett

Never meet your heroes…

This doesn’t absolve the scooter chase, but it does make it make slightly better than the pod racer stuff in TPM. 

Pretty sure the scooters were inspired by the mod subculture that emerged in post war England. Aside from being hoverbikes, there are some cool similarities when you look at old pictures. It started among poor English kids who survived the war and didn’t have much besides their bikes. Similarities stop there, because I guess in the SW universe you also experiment on your body by implanting questionable cybernetics. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/13/2022 at 6:45 AM, Artboy99 said:

I have not watched any of this show yet, I am waiting until I have the entire season 1 then I will binge watch. That said: The reviews I have been reading tell me that I may just pass on this.

I boycotted Star Wars altogether after seeing the Last Jedi. I didn't watch Mandalorian until many said that it was good. I watched Mandalorian and loved it!

A friend of mine posted on Facebook how disappointed he is with this show and to summarize:

What he doesn't like is that Boba Fett that we all loved was this mysterious badass and we are not seeing that in the new show. We saw it in the Mandalorian though, so perhaps that is why we all loved the Mandalorian - we got to see more badass "Boba Fett".

It’s better than that.

On 1/13/2022 at 8:20 AM, awakeintheashes said:

This doesn’t absolve the scooter chase, but it does make it make slightly better than the pod racer stuff in TPM. 

Pretty sure the scooters were inspired by the mod subculture that emerged in post war England. Aside from being hoverbikes, there are some cool similarities when you look at old pictures. It started among poor English kids who survived the war and didn’t have much besides their bikes. Similarities stop there, because I guess in the SW universe you also experiment on your body by implanting questionable cybernetics. 

I thought the whole scene was an homage to Back To The Future (parts I and II) where there's a (hover) chase around the town square in both movies and it ends with the bad guy getting "stuff" dumped into his car when he wrecks it.

Edited by valiantman

On 1/5/2022 at 10:31 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Maybe I missed something and someone can help me but in The Mandalorian he is never seen without his helmet but Mando had no issues being seen without his. I thought there was a code of never being seen without the helmet.

the code is only enforced by a small radical offshoot of the mandalorians, which Bobba is not part of.

Very back to the Future, but too hokey.

I think Rodriguez tends to be the weakest director on the series. Those kids on the bikes felt like Spy Kids a little.

The 1st 2 episodes were SO good especially the last one, so its a bit disappointing to see something that didn't seem to fit in the Star Wars universe.

Not all bad, but everything about those kids was treading way to close to Nicktoons for my tastes.

If I had to rate the episodes so far, I would say B+, A-, C/C-

Edited by Rip

This show is legit a steaming pile of hot garbage.  Each episode has severe issues be it plot holes the size of Endor, ideas/useless parts, stuff that has no part being there.  I won't go into any details but I think this is the worst Star Wars piece ever put out.  Yes I said it.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:05 AM, valiantman said:

I thought the whole scene was an homage to Back To The Future (parts I and II) where there's a (hover) chase around the town square in both movies and it ends with the bad guy getting "stuff" dumped into his car when he wrecks it.

The problem with that is BTF has nothing to do with Star Wars! I mean the moped colors reminded me of the Voltron Lions but I doubt that it was an homepage to Voltron. Maybe though, you never know nowadays with everything multiverse lol 

On 1/13/2022 at 7:52 AM, piper said:
On 1/13/2022 at 6:45 AM, Artboy99 said:

It’s better than that.

Yeah. Don't listen to Dave or Cody on this, Karl. lol 

On 1/13/2022 at 9:52 PM, Xenosmilus said:

It’s the end of days.lol 

Will the hipsters eat avocado toast after their next thrilling low speed pursuit??? Will the rancor bring Boba his slippers in the morning or will he poo on the rug??? Will Boba ever win a fight?? Stay tuned! I know I will!

On 1/13/2022 at 11:00 PM, october said:

Will the hipsters eat avocado toast after their next thrilling low speed pursuit??? Will the rancor bring Boba his slippers in the morning or will he poo on the rug??? Will Boba ever win a fight?? Stay tuned! I know I will!

I will not be surprised if any of this passes… So let it be written, so let it be done…

On 1/13/2022 at 9:29 PM, Tnexus said:

Is anyone keeping track how many times Boba Fett has now lost a fight in the show only to be saved by someone else? I think we get a new one every episode.

Jake Fett

I haven't started this show yet, but I'm sorry to hear that RR isn't bringing it this time around (maybe due to the stories themselves).  I loved his work on Mandalorian Season 2, episode 6 ("The Tragedy"), which had all kinds of Boba Fett awesomeness.  Maybe they're setting up a lot of nonsense so that when Boba DOES bring his A game in the final three episodes, everyone will be even more stoked?  (Maybe?)

D