• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2022 at 7:32 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Any Rebels fans notice the Meilooruns at the end of the chase scene?

I noticed that right away.  Nice touch.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:37 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Mando’s Filoni episode saw Ashoka coming back. Is his Fett episode going to bring another one of his creations to life? Hera? Rex? Rex has to be about ready to kick the bucket given on how quickly Clones age not named Boba Fett and Omega. I don’t think Omega has the advanced aging gene. Can’t remember if it was confirmed or just implied. 

I imagine Hera's being saved for Ahsoka's show since her story ties in more directly with Ahsoka's journey.  Omega does not have the advanced aging gene as she is supposed to be a clone of Jango (but female) in the same way that Boba Fett was.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:28 AM, Ryan. said:

You know what would be cool? If they made a show about a bounty hunter going on bounty hunting adventures.

An animated series with Cad Bane...

On 1/14/2022 at 2:37 PM, awakeintheashes said:
  Hide contents

Probably 

God, I hope not. I don't want any of these Disney+ shows to tie in with any of the sequels, including Han Solo. I'm enjoying it for what they are, homages to the original trilogy. I am ok with incorporating EU stuff, but I don't want any whiff of the Disney movies. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:33 PM, Lpgk said:

God, I hope not. I don't want any of these Disney+ shows to tie in with any of the sequels, including Han Solo. I'm enjoying it for what they are, homages to the original trilogy. I am ok with incorporating EU stuff, but I don't want any whiff of the Disney movies. 

She's already crossed him in the comics during War of the Bounty Hunters

Spoiler

by stealing Han in carbonite.

and, currently in Crimson Reign, which takes place between Empire and RotJ her and Crimson Dawn are working to take down the Empire...Not for the same reason as Luke and the Rebels, though. So, she's likely kicking around trying to fill the power vacuum. I doubt she's going anywhere. All the Marvel books and animated shows (Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance, Bad Batch) are all canon now, so they are going to cross over every once in a while. 

Also, for better or worse (better in my opinion), these shows appear like they are trying to make the sequels more palatable. Make sense of some of that convoluted mess. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/14/2022 at 11:48 PM, William-James88 said:

In the flashbacks, young boba fett watching jango leave is 8.

That is 25 years ago, right? 

So isn't Boba Fett supposed to be in his early 30s?

I think he's supposed to be in his mid-40s. Humans in the Star Wars universe don't seem to age well. It's never been acknowledged, but It's a theme throughout. Obi-Wan would have only been 57 in A New Hope, but they made him come off as a borderline octogenarian. 

On 1/13/2022 at 7:45 AM, Artboy99 said:

I have not watched any of this show yet, I am waiting until I have the entire season 1 then I will binge watch. That said: The reviews I have been reading tell me that I may just pass on this.

I boycotted Star Wars altogether after seeing the Last Jedi. I didn't watch Mandalorian until many said that it was good. I watched Mandalorian and loved it!

I was hoping for more of that with The Book of Boba Fett, but clearly not.

A friend of mine posted on Facebook how disappointed he is with this show and to summarize:

What he doesn't like is that Boba Fett that we all loved was this mysterious badass and we are not seeing that in the new show. We saw it in the Mandalorian though, so perhaps that is why we all loved the Mandalorian - we got to see more badass "Boba Fett".

this show IS NOT The Mandalorian-more like a carebear Boba Fett meets the power rangers in this last episode. Even the special effects are way off in places. Looks hurried. 

Just watched episode 3 and it was a disappointment as others had sad.

The "car chase" was the slowest, weakest, least climatic scene I've ever seen. Guy driving.. "oh no, get out of my way" .. phewww.. 5 seconds later "on no, get out of my way" phewwww... Lame.

Hover Vespas can go up and down and over many things, but the one guy drives "into" something instead of over it and falls off? Inconsistent.

I agree with others, the former bad Boba is getting his butt handed to him time and time again.

Temuera Morrison is speaking out on The Book of Boba Fett, joking his helmeted bounty hunter talks "far too much" in the Star Wars spinoff. The series from creator Jon Favreau and showrunner Robert Rodriguez goes under the helmet of the typically taciturn Boba, who had little screentime and even fewer lines in 1980's The Empire Strikes Back and 1983's Return of the Jedi. No longer a hired gun after his return in Season 2 of The Mandalorian, the Disney+ spinoff finds Fett doing a lot of speaking as Daimyo, a crime boss lording over Jabba the Hutt's empire on Tatooine.

"I was not very successful, I was hoping not to say as much as I have already in the first two episodes," Morrison said in an interview with NME. "I speak far too much. In fact, in the beginning, I was trying to pass my lines on to Ming-Na [Wen]. I said: 'Excuse me director, I really feel that Ming-Na should say these lines, 'cause I wanna stay mysterious. I wanna stay quiet.'" 

But Wen, who plays Fett's consigliere, Master Assassin Fennec Shand, "caught on" to what Morrison was up to. "He wasn't just trying to be a very generous actor — which he is — he was just trying to parlay some of the work to me (laughs)." 

On 1/15/2022 at 6:27 AM, fett said:

this show IS NOT The Mandalorian-more like a carebear Boba Fett meets the power rangers in this last episode.  

Agree 100%.  As much as I like Temuera as an actor, I wish they had hired a younger like alike.  Every time he takes off his helmet he shows his age.  Isn't Boba Fett supposed to be in his 30s somewhere at this point in the SW storyline?

On 1/18/2022 at 4:26 PM, s-man said:

Agree 100%.  As much as I like Temuera as an actor, I wish they had hired a younger like alike.  Every time he takes off his helmet he shows his age.  Isn't Boba Fett supposed to be in his 30s somewhere at this point in the SW storyline?

Very early 40's, like 41-42. 

So, they got a 61 year old actor to play a 41 year old character. hm

On 1/18/2022 at 7:00 PM, jcjames said:

Very early 40's, like 41-42. 

So, they got a 61 year old actor to play a 41 year old character. hm

Boba Fett should be around 41 yes.  The unaltered clone of Jango known as Boba was created about thirty two years prior to the Battle of Yavin.  The Book of Boba Fett takes place around nine years after that. 

At least they are using the bacta tanks to get it to look more like Morrison instead of the wrinkled and scared old man.  This gives him a younger appearance I guess. 

On 1/18/2022 at 5:05 PM, Buzzetta said:

Boba Fett should be around 41 yes.  The unaltered clone of Jango known as Boba was created about thirty two years prior to the Battle of Yavin.  The Book of Boba Fett takes place around nine years after that. 

At least they are using the bacta tanks to get it to look more like Morrison instead of the wrinkled and scared old man.  This gives him a younger appearance I guess. 

Morrison is 61 and looks, talks, moves and acts like it. Not like the 41 year old he's portraying. Couldn't they get him to lose 5 or 25 lbs in the last year or so prepping him for the role? Maybe give him a few Red Bulls before the camera rolls? He didn't look so... tired, in his scenes in the Mandalorian episodes.