• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 7:05 PM, Buzzetta said:

Boba Fett should be around 41 yes.  The unaltered clone of Jango known as Boba was created about thirty two years prior to the Battle of Yavin.  The Book of Boba Fett takes place around nine years after that. 

At least they are using the bacta tanks to get it to look more like Morrison instead of the wrinkled and scared old man.  This gives him a younger appearance I guess. 

What they should do is have him just leave the helmet on most of the time ala Mandalorian.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, jcjames said:

Morrison is 61 and looks, talks, moves and acts like it. Not like the 41 year old he's portraying. Couldn't they get him to lose 5 or 25 lbs in the last year or so prepping him for the role? Maybe give him a few Red Bulls before the camera rolls? He didn't look so... tired, in his scenes in the Mandalorian episodes.  

I am 46 and feel like I am 66 after the day I had today. 

I am Temuera Morrison 

In all honesty though, I thought he looked good for his age.  I know people that are chronologically younger that look older than he does to be honest. 

"It's not the year's.  It's the milage." Dr. Henry Jones Jr. 

Conversely though, you'd have no idea Fennec's actress Ming-Na Wen is also quite old for this sort of thing at 58. 

On 1/18/2022 at 7:26 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Conversely though, you'd have no idea Fennec's actress Ming-Na Wen is also quite old for this sort of thing at 58. 

She defies age. 

Obi-Wan was supposed to be 57 in ANH. Dude looked 80. Luke wasn’t that old in the sequels but he sure looked haggard and looking his AARP card and his rascal so he could get his discount on his McDonalds coffee. 

Humans don’t age well in the Star Wars universe. Not sure why. I guess fennec is their chance to say they aren’t ageist. 

On 1/18/2022 at 5:15 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am 46 and feel like I am 66 after the day I had today. 

I am Temuera Morrison 

In all honesty though, I thought he looked good for his age.  I know people that are chronologically younger that look older than he does to be honest. 

"It's not the year's.  It's the milage." Dr. Henry Jones Jr. 

I hear ya! I'm 57 going on 68. 

Still don't know why they have him tired-ish in this role. 

On 1/18/2022 at 7:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

Last season !

Debatable fun fact - my wife is from and in-laws still live in the small PA town Jack’s brother holed up in. He would have fit in in real life.  

Also funny, from the beginning my mother in-law hated that show. She would hate watch it and cut it down when my wife talked to her about it. A few seasons later, boom, the show moves right into her town. Almost like it’s trolling her. 

I have avoided carping on this show, as I had hopes it would get better as it went along.

But this fourth episode was inconsistent and has Boba Fett as too talkative. And even when they revisit the Mandalorian scene where Boba finds Fennec in the desert, they forgot the spur noises that led to a strong hint it was Fett.

Heck, I can see why the actor is concerned the show eliminates any mystery about the character. He grabs everyone to proclaim, "I am Boba Fett!" To include dumb robots that catch rats.

:preach:

There were a couple cool parts in the fourth episode but really I don’t think we needed this portion of the story told.  And I very much agree he’s talking too much.  If they didn’t have a super-awesome story to tell about Boba Fett they should have just left it alone. I’m actually surprised it’s unfolding this way. 

On 1/19/2022 at 6:33 AM, Bosco685 said:

I have avoided carping on this show, as I had hopes it would get better as it went along.

But this fourth episode was inconsistent and has Boba Fett as too talkative. And even when they revisit the Mandalorian scene where Boba finds Fennec in the desert, they forgot the spur noises that led to a strong hint it was Fett.

Heck, I can see why the actor is concerned the show eliminates any mystery about the character. He grabs everyone to proclaim, "I am Boba Fett!" To include dumb robots that catch rats.

:preach:

I took that differently actually.  It was a way to announce who was breaking in, who was stealing the Firespray (Slave 1) and running amuck in the palace.

When Fett comes back to the palace at the end of the Mandalorian I wondered how Bib Fortuna took it on face value that the guy in the Fett armor was actually Fett despite being dressed differently from the previous encounter and that five years had passed since Bib and Fett had laid eyes on one another. 

That was a question that I actually had given that there was a guy parading around in Fett's armor on Tattooine for a number of years prior who was serving as marshal to a town. 

On 1/19/2022 at 9:13 AM, Buzzetta said:

I took that differently actually.  It was a way to announce who was breaking in, who was stealing the Firespray (Slave 1) and running amuck in the palace.

When Fett comes back to the palace at the end of the Mandalorian I wondered how Bib Fortuna took it on face value that the guy in the Fett armor was actually Fett despite being dressed differently from the previous encounter and that five years had passed since Bib and Fett had laid eyes on one another. 

That was a question that I actually had given that there was a guy parading around in Fett's armor on Tattooine for a number of years prior who was serving as marshal to a town. 

I'm sorry. I so want to celebrate everything about this show, as The Mandalorian made me a Star Wars believer again Lucasfilm could deliver consistently solid films and TV shows.

But if Boba Fett told one more entity in the same episode he was BOBA FETT then they may as well change the title to THE BULLHORN OF BOBA FETT PROCLAIMING HE IS BOBA FETT. Even when he grabbed that rat-catching robot and asked him if he knew who he was I was thinking, "Why do you care? It's a rat-catching robot!"

On 1/19/2022 at 10:28 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'm sorry. I so want to celebrate everything about this show, as The Mandalorian made me a Star Wars believer again Lucasfilm could deliver consistently solid films and TV shows.

But if Boba Fett told one more entity in the same episode he was BOBA FETT then they may as well change the title to THE BULLHORN OF BOBA FETT PROCLAIMING HE IS BOBA FETT. Even when he grabbed that rat-catching robot and asked him if he knew who he was I was thinking, "Why do you care? It's a rat-catching robot!"

Oh no I'm not trying to change your opinion on this.

I find it interesting as to what stands out and what doesn't when two different people are watching the same show. 

To me, that was a glaring issue for that tag scene at the end of the Mandalorian.  

How many episodes is this series anyway?  

On 1/19/2022 at 10:45 AM, Buzzetta said:

Oh no I'm not trying to change your opinion on this.

I find it interesting as to what stands out and what doesn't when two different people are watching the same show. 

To me, that was a glaring issue for that tag scene at the end of the Mandalorian.  

How many episodes is this series anyway?  

7 episodes total.

I mean there are some really good scenes in this show. But then these things that detract from the atmosphere and flow of the story, which is disappointing after an incredible Mandalorian experience.

The premise of a bounty hunter/crime underworld show set within the star wars galaxy starring Boba Fett had so much potential, yet here we are with a badly plotted out head scratcher through four episodes.  

Flying over the Sarlacc to look for his armor?  :facepalm:. Was almost like "How can we throw a seismic charge into the mouth, oh this will work"  

And now, after claiming he isn't in the profession anymore, he has "plenty of credits" to hire a bounty hunter.  They needed to take more time with this story and get it right but it's obvious this was rushed out.

There have definitely been some head scratching moments, but I’m going to reserve total judgement until the story ends. 

My whole “nobody that matters ever dies”’/ “there are no consequences” issue with Rebels was foolish by the time the series wrapped. 

On 1/19/2022 at 11:44 AM, awakeintheashes said:

There have definitely been some head scratching moments, but I’m going to reserve total judgement until the story ends. 

My whole “nobody that matters ever dies”’/ “there are no consequences” issue with Rebels was foolish by the time the series wrapped. 

I respect that. It's very fair.

:cheers:

On 1/18/2022 at 7:36 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Luke wasn’t that old in the sequels but he sure looked haggard and looking his AARP card and his rascal so he could get his discount on his McDonalds coffee. 

If you mean Empire and Return of the Jedi it's because he was in a car accident and messed up his face towards the end of filming Star Wars.  He tried to swerve across four lanes of traffic to make an exit and rolled his car a few times.  I heard conflicting stories about how bad it was--the only consistency I heard was that he at minimum broke his nose and cheekbone--but it was bad enough for Lucas to feel that it had to be written into the Empire screenplay by having the Wampa smack him silly on Hoth.

If you mean the Abrams/Johnson sequels, then he WAS old enough to have use for an AARP card in those.

Edited by fantastic_four