• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,341 posts in this topic

Video Quality

The 4K UHD Blu-Ray of Zack Snyder’s Justice League looks outstanding in its 1.33:1 native 4K HDR10 presentation. We respect Snyder’s creative choice for the film so we did not try to zoom in or anything to fill the screen. If you attempt to do this, you are just asking for a more noisy, unnatural grain situation and at that point why even both with the 4K disc? It should also be noted that there is no “Justice Is Gray” version included on this disc. 

The increased range of the color spectrum is stunning to behold. The HDR enriches the colors from already impressive to out of this world when it comes to vibrancy. Don’t get me started on the intense colorfulness of The Flash’s crimson suit and the bright lightning streaks that show off eye-popping hues. The highlights in the film are more defined with whites more pure and balanced with no instances of blooming to be found. Elements in the film taking place in the cover of darkness are more vivid and finely delineated. The black levels are especially strong in this presentation, staying deep and inky with great detail. Skin tones appear more natural with healthy doses of crisp detail apparent on faces such as pores. This 4K UHD presentation really delivers on all fronts including strong gains in clarity and color. The streaming version has sufficed until now, but the stability that the new 4K UHD Blu-Ray offers trumps everything. Warner Bros. has delivered another demo-worthy transfer on this latest 4K release. 

Audio Quality

This disc comes equipped with a dynamite Dolby Atmos presentation that feels like it just might bring your house down. This is a title that is made to be played loud and provide complete immersion, and the addition of the height channels aids in accomplishing that goal. Various overhead elements provide a special touch that will have you vibrating. Sounds are appropriately rendered with precise directionality from the more kinetic action scenes to interpersonal moments of dialogue. Ambient details are plentiful and quite satisfying in the rear and overhead channels. The momentous score envelopes the room with a ferociousness that you will not soon forget. Dialogue is presented perfectly clear without ever being overwhelmed by any of the competing sonic elements. The brutal action scenes provide an all-encompassing soundscape that kicks in throughout all the speakers. The low end is pushed to the limits here in a way that will have your neighbors complaining. The mix will be a fun one to put on to demo your sound system. 

Final Thoughts

Zack Snyder’s Justice League provides the only version of this story that matters. While the precedent that was set with this unique situation may not be good for realistic expectations moving forward, in this instance the outcry has resulted in something supremely impressive. It righted a very big wrong by allowing a creative vision to be seen through to the end. While not perfect, this herculean effort provides fans with special moments that they will cherish for a very long time. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has finally given us a 4K UHD Blu-Ray of this one and it really impresses in the A/V presentation. The special features could use some work, but having this film on disc in the best quality possible will suffice.

Highly Recommended 

Zack Snyder’s Justice League will be available to purchase on 4K UHD Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray and DVD on September 7, 2021. 

On 9/2/2021 at 1:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

Zack Snyder’s Justice League will be available to purchase on 4K UHD Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray and DVD on September 7, 2021. 

I have this on order. It'll be interesting to see if the video quality is the same as the UK version.

Someone at Amazon is a #SnyderCut superfan. When you read through the listing, the level of attention invested in each major character is above and beyond what you normally see for a pre-order page.

AMAZON: Zack Snyder's Justice League [4K Ultra HD $29.96] [Blu-ray $24.95]

ZSJL_Character_Profiles.PNG.773bafff9a2eba3e8e1652b1652a64ae.PNG

But at least with the 4K set of 4 discs you get bluray as well for those still waiting to upgrade your player. Did the UK version have that?

Edited by Bosco685

So on a movie forum I belong too a bunch of users were discussing how to get the Digital Copy of the Snyder Cut. Turns out via iTunes if you setup a UK account and then link an iTunes gift card to the account (can't be a CC as then that requires your home address), you can purchase Zack Snyder's Justice League which comes with both copies of the movie.

SnyderCut_UK.thumb.jpg.fdf77690555461719f8402f4d7a7cc6b.jpg

Now to walk through the steps for myself and figure out how cleanly this works. Though you can only view this via your iTunes UK account.

On 9/8/2021 at 7:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

Turns out via iTunes if you setup a UK account and then link an iTunes gift card to the account (can't be a CC as then that requires your home address), you can purchase Zack Snyder's Justice League which comes with both copies of the movie. Now to walk through the steps for myself and figure out how cleanly this works. Though you can only view this via your iTunes UK account.

List of things ain’t nobody got time for:

1. THAT

My subscription to NOW TV (the service here in the UK that currently streams ZSJL) is due to end and as I'm not renewing then it's time to go out and get me one of these sets.

I'd love it if someday the film got an IMAX release here, there are so many scenes I'd love to see in all of it's huge glory at maximum sound.

JL theatrical cut was on TV recently and I watched a few bits of it whilst flicking channels. The differences are so glaringly bad I still shake my head in disbelief that it became the version they released. Even thinking about the fact that the re-shoots went to all that effort of re-creating the sets/costumes etc from almost every scene just to add in a terrible one liner or pointless moment. (:

On 9/14/2021 at 10:33 AM, Scam Likely said:

WTF, how many countries got to purchase this physically and digitally before the US? 

3510599E-6160-46DB-A18E-B5F007B09AF8.jpeg

They really are half-arsing it purposely.

Even restocking of physical discs is becoming a news piece where the resupply is sporadic. 

Yes, WarnerMedia CEO Ann Sarnoff has said Zack Snyder’s Justice League completed Snyder’s vision and that no further development of the Snyderverse was coming. But Warner execs spent years insisting the Snyder Cut didn’t even exist, let alone that it would ever see the light of day. People also change their minds, and sometimes companies change hands.

I previously endorsed the idea of HBO Max creating an animated Snyderverse continuation, and you can read that article here. Now, I want to single out specific projects that should be first on that potential list.

There are five primary Snyderverse projects that would undoubtably be big hits for HBO Max, and which I think they should pursue.

• sequel to Zack Snyder’s Justice League, be it a movie or miniseries
  • high-quality animated adaptation of Ben Affleck’s cancelled solo Batman movie project
  • Cyborg film/miniseries with Ray Fisher in the lead role
  • “Under the Red Hood” but for the Snyderverse it would be Grayson who returns from the dead to launch a deadly one-man war on Gotham’s underworld
  • The New Gods animated series more overtly tied directly into the Snyderverse and the events of Snyder’s versions of Justice League and its sequel