• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2021 at 2:47 PM, Bosco685 said:

Interesting that certain regions got combined digital copies via iTunes or even included in the disc set (Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South African, UK - you lucky dog) and many others didn't.

Even more basic over here. Mine didn’t even have a digital copy.

A vanilla Blu-ray.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:27 AM, Oddball said:

All I want is a digital version of Justice is Gray on iTunes. For now, I have HBOMAX but I’m not keeping it indefinitely.

I just can't see the WarnerMedia parent company allowing that missed revenue for an extended period. Even their HBO Max advertising noted it was a uniquely created HBO Max production that was a success.

If it's a success, then gain the benefits financially. Especially recognizing the worldwide rollout of HBO Max is going to take it out to 2025 when the distribution restriction terms run out.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:03 AM, Muno42 said:

Someone decided that the Flash time travel sequence should be removed for the theatrical release. Just...mind blowing.

WB didn't understand it. Despite Flash providing exposition before Superman resurrection, visually showing how it worked when resurrecting Superman, and Flash saying that he had to "break the rule" right before the Speed of Force scene...

Oh, and if you think that is mind-blowing? WB didn't want the Man of Steel creative minds to use Superman's ship to send Zod's zealots back to the Phantom Zone. Why? They wanted Superman to be able to return to Krypton... The same planet that was shown and said multiple times to have been destroyed...

On 10/5/2021 at 2:29 PM, Bosco685 said:

No lies detected.

First time such a thing has ever really happened. Principle photography completed, and then 3/4 of the movie re-shot by a different director.

Endgame is the biggest event to happen in theaters, and ZSJL is the biggest event that's happened outside of theaters, when talking about the movie industry.

On 10/6/2021 at 7:32 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

No lies detected.

First time such a thing has ever really happened. Principle photography completed, and then 3/4 of the movie re-shot by a different director.

Endgame is the biggest event to happen in theaters, and ZSJL is the biggest event that's happened outside of theaters, when talking about the movie industry.

So true!

By the way, WB Studios also distributes the bluray/4K 4-disc set in a two-disc case (one on top of the other). So to ensure it last longer I paid the extra money and purchased a 4-disc 4K case. Even that it had to cheap out on.

doh!

On 10/6/2021 at 7:41 AM, Bosco685 said:

So true!

By the way, WB Studios also distributes the bluray/4K 4-disc set in a two-disc case (one on top of the other). So to ensure it last longer I paid the extra money and purchased a 4-disc 4K case. Even that it had to cheap out on.

doh!

I think that's how all of my 4-disc sets are packaged, except for Infinity War and Endgame.

My best friend finally finished it on Saturday. Act 3 blew him away. He couldn't stop complaining about Josstice League, as he wished that he experienced ZSJL in theaters. lol

I had to tell him about how the executives didn't understand Krypton's destruction in MoS and the Speed of Force scene.

I’ve just looked it up and found out the UK is not one of the countries getting HBO Max this month. Booooo!

But when we do I’m expecting to see some of this big billboard ZSJL goodness about. WB UK actually supported the release so should be on side.

On 11/11/2021 at 7:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

The only comic books that Zack Snyder ever read were Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns. He didn't get the point of Watchmen. He doesn't understand Superman or Batman. All style and no substance.

Spoiler

:devil:

Seriously, though, the man knows how to portray gods among us with human conditions on the big screen.

Zach Snyder has just got a tremendous visual flair.  I love looking at his movies.  And I think his passion for the work can't be questioned. 

You can certainly question his judgment about certain storytelling choices he makes though.  And he does tend to get a bit heavy-handed with his themes.  

I did enjoy this version of the movie more than the theatrical release.  I really didn't think Joss Whedon would have changed so much from what Zach Snyder originally shot. Really fascinating contrast.