• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2021 at 11:54 AM, D84 said:

I'm not sure how many times I've seen it, but it gets better everytime. Easily the best thing I've seen all year, including Dune

I still have to catch it. There's a list of material that I need to finish while I'm off of work for about 20 days at the end of the year, also including The Witcher.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:00 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I still have to catch it. There's a list of material that I need to finish while I'm off of work for about 20 days at the end of the year, also including The Witcher.

It's very good, but I'm not sure if people who didn't read the book can follow it.

On 12/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, D84 said:

I'm not sure how many times I've seen it, but it gets better everytime. Easily the best thing I've seen all year, including Dune. 

There is certainly something about it that makes it so re-watchable. 

Specific moments in the film are so satisfying to watch every time. Some of the others have mentioned a few already but even the seemingly low key moments are put together so well, something as simple as the scene of Steppenwolf breaking his way into Cyborg's Dads lab. That giant slo-mo stride he takes as he appears through the smoke with the awesome music behind him. It just wouldn't of worked in the theatrical version with the old character design that had no threat or menace about him at all.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:08 AM, RickSp said:

It just wouldn't of worked in the theatrical version with the old character design that had no threat or menace about him at all.

You mean that an alien that just looks like a dude with armor isn't all that menacing?

We can confirm that you don't work for WB, that's for sure.

I’ve seen this movie twice on HBOMAX. The standard version and the Justice is Gray version. Once its released for sale on digital services, if they separate them and make me choose, I’ll have to get the black and white. Completely different and better experience for me. Similar to how I feel about Logan vs Logan Noir. ZSJL is easily the best comic movie of the year so far but honestly, it hasn’t had much competition. Spider-Man may knock it down a notch for me, we’ll see.

On 12/5/2021 at 4:33 PM, ▫️ said:

I’ve seen this movie twice on HBOMAX. The standard version and the Justice is Gray version. Once its released for sale on digital services, if they separate them and make me choose, I’ll have to get the black and white. Completely different and better experience for me. Similar to how I feel about Logan vs Logan Noir. ZSJL is easily the best comic movie of the year so far but honestly, it hasn’t had much competition. Spider-Man may knock it down a notch for me, we’ll see.

As I mentioned before, JIG makes the black/white/gray details pop much better, but colored aspects such as Flash's suit suffer from it. I personally prefer the regular edition because of this.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:52 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

As I mentioned before, JIG makes the black/white/gray details pop much better, but colored aspects such as Flash's suit suffer from it. I personally prefer the regular edition because of this.

I actually go with both versions and call it a win!

holiday-classics-elf.gif.9e1e117742514067d35396c432cb4596.gif

On 12/6/2021 at 4:59 PM, Bosco685 said:

I actually go with both versions and call it a win!

holiday-classics-elf.gif.9e1e117742514067d35396c432cb4596.gif

I just hope when iTunes and Amazon finally gets it, they will have both versions in one package. I bought Logan on iTunes and as a special feature, I got Logan Noir. I don’t know why ZSJL is not out yet digitally, maybe HBOMAX still has the exclusive.

On 12/6/2021 at 9:22 AM, ▫️ said:

I just hope when iTunes and Amazon finally gets it, they will have both versions in one package. I bought Logan on iTunes and as a special feature, I got Logan Noir. I don’t know why ZSJL is not out yet digitally, maybe HBOMAX still has the exclusive.

The ZSJL digital copy released in Australia, Canada, UK and other regions includes both as a package.

:wishluck:

Variety released its 'best movies of the year' list. ZSJL at #8.

8. Zack Snyder's Justice League 

Twenty-two years into the 21st century, if you’re a movie fan chances are you spend more time than you bargained for watching lavishly scaled comic-book franchise action films: those CGI spectacles that are good, bad, or indifferent, and seldom very much more.

But Zack Snyder, restoring his four-hour cut of the DC origin story that got bowdlerized (and Whedon-ized) by Warner Bros., creates a superhero movie with a difference. It’s a piece of ominous glittering Wagnerian comic-book pop, its superhero backstories unfolding with an imaginative fury, its battles spilling forth with a dark grandeur worthy of Tolkien (not the “LOTR” films, but the dream battles Tolkien wrote on the page), all rendered with an incendiary conviction that sweeps you up and won’t let go.

Edited by Bosco685