• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

391 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2023 at 7:07 PM, bentbryan said:

Episode 6, featuring the introduction of Blue Elon Musk! xD

Yea. Visually, Lars just didn't "fit" in this role. It's great to have the voice but they should have cast someone that looks more like Thrawn and do a voice-over.

They did a great jobs on the eyes though! I'm usually not a fan of colored contacts. I'm guessing these may be CGI enhanced?

I don't think they look great on Ahsoka/Ezra/Hera. I think it would look more natural to just use the actors normal eye colors. However, I'm sure more fans would complain about that too.

An old friend, confirmation that this takes place following Mando S3, and what the hell is Baylan up to?

IMG_6204.gif.f690cad08853103a9c2dfadcb26240e7.gif

Also, love that the uninitiated are getting to see how cunning and calculating Thrawn is.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Baylan said he wants to go back to the beginning.  The beginning of what?  The Force?  The Republic?  The Universe?  I find him to be just as compelling as Thrawn now--maybe even more so in trying to figure out what that guy wants.  hm

On 9/26/2023 at 9:04 PM, Tnexus said:

Well I liked Thrawn in episode 7. Everyone else felt like they were conversing with a wooden plank. There's like no chemistry with any of the actors.

I think all the actors are fine, it's just that chemistry still requires decent writing -- for all we know Hayden and Portman could have been good together if not for Lucas. I think the series has had a lot of scenes with weird interactions that were weird on the page. Like in this ep...

Spoiler

...when Sabine and Ahsoka reunite, "I thought you were dead." "And miss this reunion?" They aren't even behaving like people here. Like a padawan who thought her master was dead, suddenly returned -- this dialogue and action is not sufficient emotionally. On the page it's weird. Then you have the direction. There is no real/satisfying visual moment between the two when Ahsoka shows up that rises to the specific occasion. It's not on the actors.

Anyway, having laid into this show again I feel obligated to also express how much fun this series is as a SW/Rebels fan. I could nitpick it to death if I gave into cynicism. Thankfully that urge is super low.

On 9/27/2023 at 8:27 AM, I like pie said:
  On 9/27/2023 at 7:43 AM, Buzzetta said:

So are the night troopers zombie troopers or what?  What’s the consensus? 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I’m pretty sure they are reanimated by the Nightsisters, the red fabric around them seems to give that hint.

I think Marrok was as well, but it couldn’t have been by the same Nightsisters, since they are in a different galaxy with no means of conveyance. Not sure what his whole backstory is and if it was different “magic.” His demise was different than the troopers as mentioned above.  Did Morgan reanimate the Eight Brother inquisitor we saw on Malachor in Rebels? Not sure if that’s going to be answered in the show or in some comic. 

On 9/27/2023 at 8:44 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I don’t know if it was a coincidence or a clever Easter egg/hat tip by Filoni that the turtle/grasshopper people’s weapon of choice was a 

Hide contents

Slingshot

IMG_6207.thumb.png.dddd5e511fec8b151b94a11f8368c33f.png

Spoiler

I assumed this was all Ezra and he trained them to protect themselves.

Wait, what's this about zombie stormtroopers?  I just thought their armor was heavily damaged and weathered due to being away from their usual galaxy for 5 to 15 years.  What is everyone seeing that makes them think reanimated dead people?

How long has it been since Thrawn and Ezra went to this galaxy, anyway?  I figure it's somewhere between 6 and 20 years, but I haven't watched Rebels yet and am unsure how far before Episode IV it takes place.

On 9/27/2023 at 9:36 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, I’m pretty sure they are reanimated by the Nightsisters, the red fabric around them seems to give that hint.

I think Marrok was as well, but it couldn’t have been by the same Nightsisters, since they are in a different galaxy with no means of conveyance. Not sure what his whole backstory is and if it was different “magic.” His demise was different than the troopers as mentioned above.  Did Morgan reanimate the Eight Brother inquisitor we saw on Malachor in Rebels? Not sure if that’s going to be answered in the show or in some comic. 

Do we know why these Nightsisters are here to begin with?  I'm guessing there was some indication about the significance of this galaxy and this planet in Rebels we're all missing. Wish I knew Rebels was such required homework before starting this show...  :frustrated:

Morgan mentioned that her people had been there a long time, but do we know why?  That comment confused me entirely because I didn't realize she's a Nightsister anyway since she clearly isn't Dathomirian.  Wasn't sure if she was referring to her human ancestors, her Dathomirian nightsister ancestors, or what.

On 9/27/2023 at 9:11 AM, fantastic_four said:

Wait, what's this about zombie stormtroopers?  I just thought their armor was heavily damaged and weathered due to being away from their usual galaxy for 5 to 15 years.  What is everyone seeing that makes them think reanimated dead people?

How long has it been since Thrawn and Ezra went to this galaxy, anyway?  I figure it's somewhere between 6 and 20 years, but I haven't watched Rebels yet and am unsure how far before Episode IV it takes place.

They have been there about 10 years. The Witch-Troopers are just speculation, so far, based on Marrok.

On 9/27/2023 at 10:18 AM, fantastic_four said:

Do we know why these Nightsisters are here to begin with?  I'm guessing there was some indication about the significance of this galaxy and this planet in Rebels we're all missing. Wish I knew Rebels was such required homework before starting this show...  :frustrated:

Morgan mentioned that her people had been there a long time, but do we know why?  That comment confused me entirely because I didn't realize she's a Nightsister anyway since she clearly isn't Dathomirian.  Wasn't sure if she was referring to her human ancestors, her Dathomirian nightsister ancestors, or what.

None of this requires Rebels. She mentioned she was a Nightsister in the first or second episode. It was also revealed in one of the episodes that Peridea was the homeworld of the Noti and once the center of the Witch Kingdom of the Dathomiri, which eventually collapsed. Those remaining could be the ones left behind to guard something, decided to stay, or just left behind.

I believe Peridea is supposed to be the cradle of the known Star Wars galaxy. 

This show is the first time another galaxy has been visited or seen. There have been brief mentions of other galaxy but no character has ever been to a new galaxy until this Ahsoka show. 

On 9/27/2023 at 10:39 AM, awakeintheashes said:

It was also revealed in one of the episodes that Peridea was the homeworld of the Noti and once the center of the Witch Kingdom of the Dathomiri, which eventually collapsed. Those remaining could be the ones left behind to guard something, decided to stay, or just left behind.

Why Peridea?  Wouldn't Dathomir be home base for the Nightsisters since that's where they evolved?  I suppose that links to your other statement...

On 9/27/2023 at 10:39 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I believe Peridea is supposed to be the cradle of the known Star Wars galaxy. 

What makes you say that--was there a hint about that at some point?

I suppose the fact that humans are all over the Star Wars galaxy implies that there must be a home planet for the species, and sure, that may have started in another galaxy.  Certainly you've got to come up with SOME explanation for why there are so many humanoids in the same galaxy across so many different planets.  Of course we know the real answer to this question--George Lucas just created aliens as similar mixes to organisms on Earth (Chewie is an dog/human hybrid, Yoda is a human/frog, the Noti are a crab/turtle, etc etc)--but for it to make actual sense you'd have to ret-con an explanation.  Most Star Wars humanoids being from one place, say Peridea, but then settling all around the universe certainly works to explain it.

I suppose Peridea being the cradle for the Star Wars galaxy also jibes with whatever "beginning" Baylan is looking for.