• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO's THE LAST OF US starring Pedro Pascal (2023)
4 4

274 posts in this topic

I thought it was a very solid pilot.

But has been noted already, it will be interesting to see how they keep this fresh in a genre that has Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, The Walking Dead, World War Z, Army of the Dead, Resident Evil, and even comedies like Warm Bodies, Zombieland and even The Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse.

:popcorn:

On 1/16/2023 at 5:50 AM, Bosco685 said:

I thought it was a very solid pilot.

But has been noted already, it will be interesting to see how they keep this fresh in a genre that has Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, The Walking Dead, World War Z, Army of the Dead, Resident Evil, and even comedies like Warm Bodies, Zombieland and even The Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse.

:popcorn:

One thing that I thought that separated this show from other zombie franchises was the origin of the outbreak.  Not that you could support an overused genre on that aspect alone but I thought it was uniquely cool. Especially seeing how the ‘zombies’ ultimately wind up. 

Much of the filming was done in Alberta, including some scenes near my Wife's Office Building.  As a result, we plan to watch it, if for not other reason than to figure out certain set locations.  

Solid pilot.

@Artboy99this looks right up your alley.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:40 AM, piper said:

Much of the filming was done in Alberta, including some scenes near my Wife's Office Building.  As a result, we plan to watch it, if for not other reason than to figure out certain set locations.  

Solid pilot.

Excellent first episode!

I've been heavily invested along with family members in TLOU 1 (and then 2) for ten years. This series is just that..... a TV series. The pilot does not convey the warmth of the game IMO, the excitement, etc. etc,  and that it not necessarily a criticism. TLOU as a game is a hard act to follow. 

I will enjoy watching this for sure but on the evidence of the pilot for very many reasons this will NEVER match up to the game/s in terms of importance and sheer immersion into a frightening world.

There is actually no comparison. They are two very separate entities.

That said, I enjoyed the pilot. But it's a total bridesmaid.   

I will say the casting of Tess was extremely disappointing.

Like most everyone here, I enjoyed the first episode.  Really liked the two lead actors ever since they were in GoT. 

Spoiler

When I saw the guy-turned-fungi stuck to the wall I immediately thought of Pirates of the Carribean, except there's no Davey Jones in this.

On 1/17/2023 at 7:31 PM, s-man said:

Like most everyone here, I enjoyed the first episode.  Really liked the two lead actors ever since they were in GoT. 

Hide contents

When I saw the guy-turned-fungi stuck to the wall I immediately thought of Pirates of the Carribean, except there's no Davey Jones in this.

plus we get Olivia Dunham from Fringe!

Solid second episode.

Spoiler

I was wondering how Tess was going to die, man that was brutal!  I hope they continue showing back flashes, the opening scene with the doctor was well done.

On 1/16/2023 at 9:40 AM, piper said:

Much of the filming was done in Alberta, including some scenes near my Wife's Office Building.  Solid ....

I did not know parts of Edmonton, AB looked like a bombed out Boston, MS, USA. Solid 2nd episode with Olivia Dunham, actress from Fringe.

Great episode...first show in a while I'll make the time to continue watching.

Was wondering, for the peeps who played the video game, were the blind zombies in the building a cool/important thing taken from the game?  Was that something game fans would have been waiting to see?