• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO's THE LAST OF US starring Pedro Pascal (2023)
4 4

274 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2023 at 3:48 PM, Dr. Love said:

There's an essential plot line that nobody knows for sure if HBO is committed to.  A whole different scene than the re-imagining of Bill and Frank's relationship.

The initial relationship was referred to in the game, but certainly not fleshed out to this extent.  Yes, the sentiment of the relationship ended very differently.

Episode 5.

Gut-wrenching.

I expect this like episode 3 to get some award nominations.

I am really surprised how much I like this show. Wasn't even on my radar a month ago.

This to me is in that event must see category like Marvel was.

Can't wait for episode 6. 

Edited by The humble Watcher lurking

Very strong and well directed episode!

Spoiler

The street scene was epic!  Perfectly followed up by what came after.  I wasn't sure if her blood alone would cure and maybe him being deaf he just didn't hear her.  But once they both scrambled and landed in the other room, I knew what his brother would do and it was like watching an accident in slow motion.  So heart wrenching and wonderfully done.

Ep 105 was great, the best yet. Really well done.

As someone who has been devoted to the games for 10 years I have to say that the portrayal of the 'Infected' on the TV show is top notch.

They actually appear more violent, aggressive, creepy and more unsettling than in the games...and that itself is a considerable achievement.

Lamar Johnson was superb as Henry.

On 2/12/2023 at 12:48 PM, s-man said:

Very strong and well directed episode!

Reveal hidden contents

The street scene was epic!  Perfectly followed up by what came after.  I wasn't sure if her blood alone would cure and maybe him being deaf he just didn't hear her.  But once they both scrambled and landed in the other room, I knew what his brother would do and it was like watching an accident in slow motion.  So heart wrenching and wonderfully done.

Very good episode!

Spoiler

I didn’t expect the blood to work. That would’ve been some magical Omega Man bs! But more importantly if it did work, then for the rest of the series she would be running around curing everyone like some post apocalypse Jesus! :insane:

I have never liked a show that makes me feel a bad as this one.

The rollercoaster of this show has been amazing.

I was thinking about why this show feels like Walking Dead, but I like it more.  the characters have a mission, a goal and agency, vs it felt like Walking Dead became "meandering around in the woods with Rick and Daryl"

On 2/14/2023 at 12:50 AM, Dr. Love said:

Great episode

But hey, in that world the very last place youd cut for blood would be the palm of your gun hand

Its a small thing but cmon man

Really amazing episode again, and it's the only show I look forward to watching anymore at all.

And that bugs me as well...in ALL movies and shows people are always cutting themselves like that for their specific reasons.  I try to imagine all the characters who die from septic infections a few weeks after ;)

I like it, still think it is very well done, but something is keeping the show from becoming must view as soon as I can.  Last night I watched 1923 with my limited TV time instead of episode 5. I will get to it at some point this week.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:54 PM, s-man said:

I did like the way this ep addressed the issue with old gas and having to change it quickly.  I don't think WD ever really said anything about it.

I had a question about this-- when I left gas in my lawnmower tank over the winter, the thing wouldn't even start in the spring until I drained it and refilled with fresh gas.  Here, it looks like you just have a mpg efficiency issue with old gasoline.  Do I just have a crappy lawnmower, or were the writers taking liberties with the actual physics of 20-year-old gasoline here?

Also: it seemed odd that the characters saw no one on the road the entire way from Boston to KC.  But the brother made it out to Wyoming not long ago?  And the reputation of the KC Fedra was well-known to residents of the Boston QZ?  Maybe they will address this in future episodes (very occasional well-armed convoys moving back and forth, perhaps)