• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Indeed.

I logged on this morning to run through the 'all activity' list and it's Dylan all the way, again. 

Personally, I don't understand why CGC are so reluctant to ban members using their own moderation framework. Here it is, by the way:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/419576-how-does-the-moderation-points-system-work-do-they-expire/#comment-9865218

Aside of the general havoc that he causes here, if Dyan has stated publicly that his intention is to take CGC to court and 'destroy' them, then does that not merit the use of the strongest moderation tool, i.e.:

"Unacceptable behavior - 18 points, no expiration (like the old instant ban)"

If Dylan had been banned at that point, we might not be here now. We might be discussing comics instead.  These threads have some entertainment value of course, in a slowing down on the motorway to look at a car crash kind of way, but ultimately they just cast an ever growing stink about the place, dominate the tone and strengthen the likelihood of more draconian measures being applied in the future which affect us all.

Nice write up though, Domo. Hopefully this HOS nomination will focus CGC's moderation mind and hasten Dylan's exit. 

I agree 100%...

I would support a lifelong ban of this person. I don’t really think he adds anything to these forums other than these type of threads.

Will never buy from him. Will never sell to him. Will never recommend him. A major beware sign attached to Dylan. Sometimes, your interactions go well and others, unfortunately, like this. This seems to be the trend though and that is concerning .

6 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Since we were just informed of Dylan being on vacation, I have a feeling that may be a shill from him. Wonder if mods or admin can check ..

I just checked.  There is a post that is waiting for approval.  Judging from the post, I am quite sure that it is Stu, and not Dylan.  

I thought I might run into Dylan in person tomorrow at a local show but I have been told at least 5 of the dealers will not sell to him anymore. And he doesn't go to this location too often but hits the northern NJ shows more apparently. In the past I had expressed hope that he would become dylantheman but he seems intent on burning down the house. Reading the texts I was alarmed at the sudden shift in his tone and words. It is all ugly so far, but if he chooses to start on a new and better path it is never too late to be better.

I've only been active on these here boards for about 3 months or so, and this is now the 3rd (4th if you count Dylan's ridiculous post yesterday) of these sorts of posts I've seen. It's a bit disconcerting if I'm being honest. I'm not spending, or selling anything for, mass amounts of money here as of yet. But, I have been a semi regular peruser of sales threads and even started one of my own (go me!). This sort of stuff doesn't instill a lot of confidence. 

It's cool that the community does self regulate, but it's not so cool that is has to so often. Is this normal? Or are we just hitting the crest of a wave here?

18 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

In my experience I have argued on behalf of almost every type of behavior but with DTK I’m at a loss.  Perhaps a defense based upon incapacity...  The “growing stink” comment made by Get Marwood & I is right on. 

I have the utmost confidence that if/when Dylan does return to defend/justify his actions on this thread, that the stink will become all consuming and that the nomination will be all but a foregone conclusion

9 hours ago, wehatecomicdylan@gmail.com said:

Polonsky's father is in the biz and on the website at the very bottom. But Dylan is annoying as sh*t. :applause:. Dm me if you'd like to collaborate on efforts to annoy him back and give him a taste of his own medicine!

Hard pass.

The way to deal with Dylan, is not to act like him.

10 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

The point system is incremental. He's not at banning stage at this time through the incremental system.  

I'm pretty sure an admin can ban anyone out right in particularly egregious cases. I know Arch could, and did, in the past