• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOTICE: A poll has been created nominating dylanthekid for the Hall of Shame list
8 8

385 posts in this topic

Just now, Domo Arigato said:

Just to clarify........Dylan was NOT involved in the forgery scenario.

That was another board member who admitted to doing that. 

For some reason, it was brought up in the nomination thread and subsequently confused more than one person who thought it was in reference to Dylan when it actually wasn't.

AH! Thanks for clarifying that for me. Noted.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

I trained at a McDojo and I was already very strong and flexible from ballet-thought I knew what I was doing-met a guy who worked as a bouncer and had around 50 real fights under his belt (and it wasnt a black belt it was just a regular belt to hold up his pants)-many against multiple opponents.  Our first sparring he demolished me.  Fast AF and and deadly.  Trained with him for 3 years-the early days were brutal-got many injuries but I learned.

Well my start was as a kid. One of my friends was known for running his mouth and wouldn't back down regardless of outcome.  Well needless to say I learned real quick to fight. Spent several years after high school training in the AM at a local gym and a friends garage. Worked Construction during the day to pay for college and training at night at different gyms. I tried to work with as many knowledgeable instructors as possible. I did this pretty regularly through college and continued it for about 15 years. I have had the pleasure of traveling and traveling with some of the top athletes and instructors in the world. (Most of the Gracie Family Helio, Carlson, Rickson, Renzo, Royler, Rodrigo, Royce, Bas Rutten, Pedro Sauer, Kid Peligo The Machado Brothers Rigan and Jean Jacques, Saulo Riberio, Joe Moreira, Gene Lebell, Gokor,  Mark Hatmaker, Mario Sperry, Dave Camarillo, Eddie Bravo, Duke Roufus, and many more.) Each of them has their own style they bring to their respective art. I really do miss it and touring around. Maybe one day these will be able to resume. I would not trade the lessons and life experiences for anything.  

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well my start was as a kid. One of my friends was known for running his mouth and wouldn't back down regardless of outcome.  Well needless to say I learned real quick to fight. Spent several years after high school training in the AM at a local gym and a friends garage. Worked Construction during the day to pay for college and training at night at different gyms. I tried to work with as many knowledgeable instructors as possible. I did this pretty regularly through college and continued it for about 15 years. I have had the pleasure of traveling and traveling with some of the top athletes and instructors in the world. (Most of the Gracie Family Helio, Carlson, Rickson, Renzo, Royler, Rodrigo, Royce, Bas Rutten, Pedro Sauer, Kid Peligo The Machado Brothers Rigan and Jean Jacques, Saulo Riberio, Joe Moreira, Gene Lebell, Gokor,  Mark Hatmaker, Mario Sperry, Dave Camarillo, Eddie Bravo, Duke Roufus, and many more.) Each of them has their own style they bring to their respective art. I really do miss it and touring around. Maybe one day these will be able to resume. I would not trade the lessons and life experiences for anything.  

In the early days training with my new buddy i didnt like it much-it was painful.  Abt a month after starting I got jumped in an alley by 2 rockers-I demolished them easily.  After that I was sold.  He did not have to harass me to train any more.

4 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Guys.....I'm not sure if a nomination notice is really the place for this.

It may be a foregone conclusion.....but the poll is still open and active and this is the only thread available for questions or clarification.

Would prefer not to have this thread locked as well.

But pernts!
@Buzzetta

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

It may be a foregone conclusion.....but the poll is still open and active and this is the only thread available for questions or clarification.

You're right. On topic.

I wonder what the final tally was? To stay or to go? Also, since he is no longer on the site, I imagine the voting will end soon.

This was informative for me. I usually just look at the buying and selling forums and the gold and Bronze age threads. And the PGM forum. That's fun. Never really looked at the nuts and bolts of the site.

There is a section in the locked thread about DTK that I didn't understand. Names with + or - beside them. My name was in there. Was wondering what that's all about?

6 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Ok. Sorry about the carping. Sometimes a conversation gets sparked and its pages before you realize what thread you were in. (thumbsu

So back to Dylan.. yeah he sure is set on taking long walks off short piers.. :whistle:

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Ok. Sorry about the carping. Sometimes a conversation gets sparked and its pages before you realize what thread you were in. (thumbsu

So back to Dylan.. yeah he sure is set on taking long walks off short piers.. :whistle:

He can do what he wants?

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

No worries........and seriously, I'm as guilty as the next person.....or probably more so.

I'm just thinking this thread is probably being watched pretty closely.  Would like for people to still be able to ask questions, etc, at least while the voting is still active.

Just now, Domo Arigato said:

No worries........and seriously, I'm as guilty as the next person.....or probably more so.

I'm just thinking this thread is probably being watched pretty closely.  Would like for people to still be able to ask questions, etc, at least while the voting is still active.

I was asking why is my name and others over in the other thread with + and - beside their names?

1 minute ago, Randall Ries said:

I was asking why is my name and others over in the other thread with + and - beside their names?

That probably had to do with the locked thread challenge.  It's just a game that some people play and points are awarded based on things like who started a thread that eventually got locked......who was the last person to post in a locked thread, etc.

You'd probably have to PM Buzzetta to get a full rundown of the rules.

14 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

That probably had to do with the locked thread challenge.  It's just a game that some people play and points are awarded based on things like who started a thread that eventually got locked......who was the last person to post in a locked thread, etc.

You'd probably have to PM Buzzetta to get a full rundown of the rules.

Ah. I saw DTK at the bottom of the list at -15. I had a +3.

34 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

It is all good. Would much rather a reminder than the another point.  Pernts well that's different.  :roflmao: