• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA shut down until July. Will CGC follow?
3 3

366 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Toybot said:

Right, so I'm just gonna try a little here.

Shining, I am not trying to berate you and legitimately trying to help.

How old are you? I suspect you are young, but not so young you couldn't make enough money to spend $900 on grading.

When you are this young, you think you know alot more than you really know. We all been there, it's very natural.

It's very easy to try to lock onto things like "I was promised X and Y." Well, when you send your car for it's first major repair, you learn the hard way that promises in the business world filled with uncertainty are not what you think they are. 

Understand that the real world does not work like a computer with 1s and 0s. Humans are a flawed creature and it's from those flaws that societies grow. People are doing their best, not always but that's unreasonable.

My advice to you, take a step back. You obviously have a passionate head on your shoulders but complaining on the internet is not the healthy way to use that passion.

Let CGC do their thing you paid them to do. Go find the next great thing you can do in your life.

Just be honest with yourself, do you really feel you're using your time wisely right now or just running in circles?

I'm 29, with a family. I don't rant to the degree he does, but sitting at 75 business days 2.5x the "approximate" turn around. I can assure you I'm not happy with it either. Most things in life I'm chill but some things such as messing with my money I have no patience with. 250% past the estimated time is just absurd after it's already been paid for. If it was just the wait time increase it honestly wouldn't bother me a tremendous amount. The paying up front to be delayed again, and again, and again.

Not sure age has a tremendous amount to do with it.

4 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I'm 29, with a family. I don't rant to the degree he does, but sitting at 75 business days 2.5x the "approximate" turn around. I can assure you I'm not happy with it either. Most things in life I'm chill but some things such as messing with my money I have no patience with. 250% past the estimated time is just absurd after it's already been paid for. If it was just the wait time increase it honestly wouldn't bother me a tremendous amount. The paying up front to be delayed again, and again, and again.

Hello!

I can assure you that you have alot of room to grow!

Think of it this way, do you want to be 50 and say you know just as much as you did when you were 29?

Ofcourse not! Life is a journey of growth and you'll eventually learn how to be patient and also how to better deal with perceived lose in positive ways.

2 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Hey, it's perfectly fine to be unhappy with it. I think that we can all sympathize with you. I think that you've made your thoughts concise without being overbearing or annoying. You can really only do so much.

On the second point, I think it's fair to say that CGC has adjusted their model because of this. Yes, it sucks that the change was after your order. That's just the way changes go sometimes.

This little sub-forum is getting a bad name from 'problem children' that just plop on CGC without consideration. It's not a good look. That's why I'm here. :)

3 hours ago, JonCGC said:

But please, if you're not a lawyer by any means just don't talk about it at all you look pathetic.

But my fiancé is an attorney. She isn’t barred in Florida, doesn’t practice any type of law remotely associated with business or criminal law, nor did I solicit her opinion on anything but she did go to the same law school as Mark Zaid so I got that going for me...

image.gif.e4dbbf7a368edf53006f625ab9a94f38.gif

1 minute ago, Toybot said:

Hello!

I can assure you that you have alot of room to grow!

Think of it this way, do you want to be 50 and say you know just as much as you did when you were 29?

Ofcourse not! Life is a journey of growth and you'll eventually learn how to be patient and also how to better deal with perceived lose in positive ways.

200.gif.3b45f700a1ee65cf42444a034aacd79b.gif

9 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Yeah sadly the $8 bulk / $15 for economy was just too good to be true. I ended up paying to have my stuff cut the line and got stuff being sent back to me already when paying the extra $12 per card + 15 service fee. It sucks, but it just is what it is. The free money off midrange cards is just gone. I was lucky to get my 12/7 bulk/economy return of mostly vivid voltage stuff last week. I have a 12/30 bulk + economy order that i expect back 2 months from now since anything from december Id expect to be done soon. Everything that was january-on I paid and had it bumped up. Everything got magically worked on when I paid the extra money. Kinda sketchy in a way but im just trying to get my stuff pulled out and move on.

Just a live and learn type of experience. CGC for real should kill the bulk and economy service if they arent really bothering with it. Its become a waste of time to grade any modern stuff since too many people are doing it. It makes sense why the tier is now unusable, but CGC should officially kill it since its not a useable service. I hope nobody is actually submitting bulk right now thinking they will get it back in any reasonable time frame lol since with PSA doing what they did, there is just no way that they can handle the 100s of stacks of shining fates that are able to destroy their post boxes.

Edited by geraldfordfan69

35 minutes ago, Toybot said:

Right, so I'm just gonna try a little here.

Shining, I am not trying to berate you and legitimately trying to help.

How old are you? I suspect you are young, but not so young you couldn't make enough money to spend $900 on grading.

When you are this young, you think you know alot more than you really know. We all been there, it's very natural.

It's very easy to try to lock onto things like "I was promised X and Y." Well, when you send your car for it's first major repair, you learn the hard way that promises in the business world filled with uncertainty are not what you think they are. 

Understand that the real world does not work like a computer with 1s and 0s. Humans are a flawed creature and it's from those flaws that societies grow. People are doing their best, not always but that's unreasonable.

My advice to you, take a step back. You obviously have a passionate head on your shoulders but complaining on the internet is not the healthy way to use that passion.

Let CGC do their thing you paid them to do. Go find the next great thing you can do in your life.

Just be honest with yourself, do you really feel you're using your time wisely right now or just running in circles?

Actually I am 29 and I find it funny you are calling me young when these little kids are posting gifs constantly like a bunch of little school bullies 🤣 that is why I find it so funny. I wonder if they act this way off these message boards. Because this is real life it is real money.

2 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

Yeah sadly the $8 bulk / $15 for economy was just too good to be true. I ended up paying to have my stuff cut the line and got stuff being sent back to me already when paying the extra $12 per card + 15 service fee. It sucks, but it just is what it is. The free money off midrange cards is just gone. I was lucky to get my 12/7 return of mostly vivid voltage stuff last week. I have a 12/30 order that i expect back 2 months from now since anything from december Id expect to be done soon. Everything that was january-on I paid and had it bumped up. Everything got magically worked on when I paid the extra money. Kinda sketchy in a way but im just trying to get my stuff pulled out and move on.

Just a live and learn type of experience. CGC for real should kill the bulk and economy service if they arent really bothering with it. Its become a waste of time to grade any modern stuff since too many people are doing it. It makes sense why the tier is now unusable, but CGC should officially kill it. 

I mean look at the difference between Econ and Bulk TAT? What is that? If I had the cash on hand I probably would, unfortunately I'm not made of money 😂

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Actually I am 29 and I find it funny you are calling me young when these little kids are posting gifs constantly like a bunch of little school bullies 🤣 that is why I find it so funny. I wonder if they act this way off these message boards. Because this is real life it is real money.

:preach:

Nothing about bullying.  Can't speak for the others, but I definitely am not young.  It's just as you said .. we find it funny. This whole generationmefirst. We too have our money tied up, but we chose this and are not crying about it on the company website.

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:preach:

Nothing about bullying.  Can't speak for the others, but I definitely am not young.  It's just as you said .. we find it funny. This whole generationmefirst. We too have our money tied up, but we chose this and are not crying about it on the company website.

I'm not crying. I am stating facts about being lied too by staff members and my times increasing 4 times which is pretty sickening.