• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA shut down until July. Will CGC follow?
3 3

366 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Toybot said:

Hello!

I can assure you that you have alot of room to grow!

Think of it this way, do you want to be 50 and say you know just as much as you did when you were 29?

Ofcourse not! Life is a journey of growth and you'll eventually learn how to be patient and also how to better deal with perceived lose in positive ways.

Surely not, but everyone has a limit on what they're willing to put up with. We all have our limits. Mine just happens to be money.

6 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Actually I am 29 and I find it funny you are calling me young when these little kids are posting gifs constantly like a bunch of little school bullies 🤣 that is why I find it so funny. I wonder if they act this way off these message boards. Because this is real life it is real money.

Hello Shining!

Well I wasn't address them, I am trying to help YOU.

First piece of advice on this context, learn to ignore the noise so you don't miss the real prizes in life.

Again, be honest with yourself, what gains are you making by playing in the mud with what you believe to be a bunch of kids?

Go focus on the positive things in life and try to be more stoic with things like the grading.

Best of luck!

5 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Na, the kids in school didn't bully me because I'd knock their teeth out. I didn't like bullies. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Stop feeding these clowns, it’s not healthy for you to fight this frenzied groupthink and continually get bashed on. These people literally have nothing better to do than gang up on you. 

1 minute ago, Toybot said:

Hello Shining!

Well I wasn't address them, I am trying to help YOU.

First piece of advice on this context, learn to ignore the noise so you don't miss the real prizes in life.

Again, be honest with yourself, what gains are you making by playing in the mud with what you believe to be a bunch of kids?

Go focus on the positive things in life and try to be more stoic with things like the grading.

Best of luck!

Yes. This right here ...

The boards would be a better place. Several have tried to bring sense to some of these threads. Just wish that sage advice wouldn't fall on deaf ears. 

Just now, PokemanDude90 said:

Stop feeding these clowns, it’s not healthy for you to fight this frenzied groupthink and continually get bashed on. These people literally have nothing better to do than gang up on you. 

Can not speak for the rest, but I am not ganging up on anyone.  It is the shear lunacy of some of the posts that warrant the same reply. 

2 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

You're right I'm done posting lol. I was just sick of coming back to 5-10 posts about nonsense gifs.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

5 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Nah, I'm just predicting.

I would assume you're correct and that the bottom is about to fall out. I mentioned on here a week or so ago, the time was coming to limit subs, or stop them for a short period followed by limiting. PSA did it now. At a certain point it becomes the only viable option to not be completely overwhelmed. Just from a logistics standpoint, you have to store all of this somewhere.

Once you factor in PSA just shut the doors, it's about to get wild for all the other companies.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Your right I'm done posting lol. I was just sick of coming back to 5-10 posts about nonsense gifs.

Those only started as the nonsensical posts kept coming.  Have a level headed conversation and you will find that this community is actually a great place, full of amazing information.  Sure we joke a lot, but as was already mentioned those gems of wisdom are sprinkled into the boards. 

Just now, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I would assume you're correct and that the bottom is about to fall out. I mentioned on here a week or so ago, the time was coming to limit subs, or stop them for a short period followed by limiting. PSA did it now. At a certain point it becomes the only viable option to not be completely overwhelmed. Just from a logistics standpoint, you have to store all of this somewhere.

You're not wrong. If the biggest guys are this overwhelmed, then a storm is coming.

4 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

They just bought a new facility.  Huge hiring and training. They also expanded their vault. Will TAT increase?  More than likely as it takes time for all of this, but with all of the expansion,  I doubt they will suspend intake. Only grow to meet demand. That is why they are the top of the market for comics and are aiming for the same with cards. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Is it Friday yet?

18 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I mean look at the difference between Econ and Bulk TAT? What is that? If I had the cash on hand I probably would, unfortunately I'm not made of money 😂

Im not made of money either lol but im losing money if this stuff doesnt come back in a certain time frame. Each month that goes by and i cant turn over product is less money to reinvest. Ill take a small loss now so I can regroup and make it back later on down the line.

But yeah, the TAT's between those two make zero sense. I think I had a bulk order actually get done before economy. Anything from december will be done within the next month or so. Anything from January on, lol who knows. I wouldnt recommend having CGC hold anything from that time frame unless you legit dont care if you get it back sometime this year or not. I thought for a while that things would stablize, but this PSA news, rip CGC bulk/economy lol. Its dead. People should not try to submit anything slower than standard at this point.

And its not that nobody has an issue with being annoyed at CGC, since right now yeah the service kinda sucks unless you pay and cut the line. Its just the people who go on and on and start acting like its this huge injustice being casted upon them. Im not super old, but I been around long enough to know the difference between actually getting screwed over, verses a card company wanting to take a bit of my profits essentially by asking for more money. Some of these people need to leave their house once in a while (at least when corona is over).

Edited by geraldfordfan69