• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA shut down until July. Will CGC follow?
3 3

366 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

All this talk about burgers has me thinking about Whoppers.. :whistle:

this guy should go bowling with ICanDoDis! 
they are both whoppers!

Stay Conic! 😂 

6 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

At a certain point they would cut off the line and catch up like PSA did.

The first astute observation you have made. Wouldn't be surprised if that happens within the next week or two. 

16 hours ago, OdinsSecrets said:

Has there ever been an over 100 business days and growing turn around time for comics? I haven't been around since the beginning of CGC but I don't remember ever seeing a time like this.

I can recall worse than that a couple of times. 

Edited by kimik

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Just about every con season.  

At one point way back in the 00s, it was close to 8 months for regular service for a short while if I recall correctly. 

1 minute ago, kimik said:

At one point way back in the 00s, it was close to 8 months for regular service for a short while if I recall correctly. 

I couldn't say for sure, but that sounds about right. I just learned patience early on.

13 hours ago, InMattyWeTrust said:

Welp... Didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I'll see myself out.

Oh my goodness, no. Don't apologize. What you created here is glorious. Brings tears to my eyes. 

Edited by Jeffro.

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I couldn't say for sure, but that sounds about right. I just learned patience early on.

I ended up sending 100 books to PGX during that time since the price gap was not that bad between CGC and PGX back then, and the 45 TAT was much better. lol 

In the end, the PGX books looked undergraded to me. I sent in the ones that did not sell right away and got a nice grade bump without pressing at CGC. I know that was a lottery ticket type PGX experience, and I have a list of the serial numbers on those books from 12-15 years ago that I still check on eBay from time to time. 

Just now, kimik said:

I ended up sending 100 books to PGX during that time since the price gap was not that bad between CGC and PGX back then, and the 45 TAT was much better. lol 

In the end, the PGX books looked undergraded to me. I sent in the ones that did not sell right away and got a nice grade bump without pressing at CGC. I know that was a lottery ticket type PGX experience, and I have a list of the serial numbers on those books from 12-15 years ago that I still check on eBay from time to time. 

Sometimes we have to pay for our mistakes and education.. I know I have..