• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA shut down until July. Will CGC follow?
3 3

366 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Tan MYWZWKJH said:

Yeah, EVERYONE IS WAITING. You're not the ONLY ONE. Thanks, stop whinin' and spend your time on some productive activity rather than rambling like no tmr here ^^

Wow there really are some trolls on these threads they must of got their cards back 🤣😂 must be nice.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

14 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I love how you bully people when I am entitled to my opinion about slow service at a snail's pace. Idk how you are okay with me being lied too multiple times and when I have like 10k being held hostage... Yes, I was told on the phone twice that it would move the following weeks and never did! I mean if you were lied too you would be mad too! I mean the more you defend it the more it looks like you work for them.

Considering the number of times I’ve 💩 all over the roll out of card grading from both CGC and CSG, I clearly don’t work there. In fact if they were a publicly traded company and I was a shareholder I would be looking for the head of CCG to be replaced. Scattered and a lack of vision for growth is what I’ve been seeing from CCG in regards to card grading between CGC and CSG.

I know it’s an unprecedented time in collectible grading but it took CGC a short amount of time to get buried. The big platform to give CGC a chance was the super short turn around times. Those have evaporated. Obviously, they are still not as back logged as other companies but the CGC branch is only grading MTG and Pokémon TCG. Given the resources CCG has at their disposal they probably could have got things in better order for massive amounts of submissions in order to try and capture and HOLD a greater share of the market by continuing to meet originally low TATs. However, seeing what’s happened over the years with CGC comics TATs I’m not a bit surprised the TATs multiplied in a rather short amount of time of being in operation. I know others on the board saw it coming...as far back as July 2020.

I’m sure with PSA stopping multiple tiers CSG will soon be buried.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Nobody's bullying anyone and a company isn't holding money hostage. You paid for a service, that service happens to take time.

I dont even know what a Canadian variant is, so know I don't work for them

That line is so much funnier if you take the word 'variant' out. 

15 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Considering the number of times I’ve 💩 all over the roll out of card grading from both CGC and CSG, I clearly don’t work there. In fact if they were a publicly traded company and I was a shareholder I would be looking for the head of CCG to be replaced. Scattered and a lack of vision for growth is what I’ve been seeing from CCG in regards to card grading between CGC and CSG.

I know it’s an unprecedented time in collectible grading but it took CGC a short amount of time to get buried. The big platform to give CGC a chance was the super short turn around times. Those have evaporated. Obviously, they are still not as back logged as other companies but the CGC branch is only grading MTG and Pokémon TCG. Given the resources CCG has at their disposal they probably could have got things in better order for massive amounts of submissions in order to try and capture and HOLD a greater share of the market by continuing to meet originally low TATs. However, seeing what’s happened over the years with CGC comics TATs I’m not a bit surprised the TATs multiplied in a rather short amount of time of being in operation. I know others on the board saw it coming...as far back as July 2020.

I’m sure with PSA stopping multiple tiers CSG will soon be buried.

Their only opportunity was to get ahead of the game seeing what happened to the other companies before they even got in the game. Being reactive instead of proactive has put them in the same position as everyone else. The initial advantage they had going in has dwindled. They may not be as backlogged yet but unless that start making some decisions asap on how they will curb the flood I see them ending up with a mess show on their hands by months end.

41 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Okay Mr. 18k posts. 

Mr. 46 posts is also telling you to take a breath.   He is newer than you at seems and he 'gets it'.

Edited by Buzzetta

48 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I mean how much money have you lost during your wait. I've lost about 2k in drops because of the wait times so far. Plus the 900 it cost to grade. But I guess I shouldn't expect my wait time to be around the estimation 🤣😂

But you sent in your personal collection, remember?

I know you aren't stupid, you keep editing your posts to try to shift light, but the fact is you're full of BS and entitled.

13 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Their only opportunity was to get ahead of the game seeing what happened to the other companies before they even got in the game. Being reactive instead of proactive has put them in the same position as everyone else. The initial advantage they had going in has dwindled. They may not be as backlogged yet but unless that start making some decisions asap on how they will curb the flood I see them ending up with a mess show on their hands by months end.

This is a pragmatic approach and one that definitely has merit.  We see this many times on the comic book side of things how turnaround times have been impacted.  While CGC is behind on turnaround times as the leading grading company for comic books they have maintained a decent handle on things.  You would think that when CBCS came into existence that it would severely cut into the customer base which would naturally reduce TAT's due to a decreased number of submissions.  Instead CGC seems to be grading more than they did eight years ago given the evidence of the expansion of their facilities. 

While only time will tell, CGC is hopefully using the lessons it has learned with comics and will be soon applying those practices to cards.