• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Archie prices

576 posts in this topic

Pretty amazing prices at the Clink auction for early Peps and Jackpots. Pep 30 in 6.0 and 34 in 2.5 both over $3K.

The restored CGC 4.0 (MP) Jackpot 4 is currently at $6100 with a couple of hours to go. And, like clockwork, I just got an offer through Heritage for my Jackpot 4 Blue 5.5...$5500 doh!lol

Wasn't the original final price for the Jackpot 4 around $4K? Whoever thought they had won it at that price must be pretty steamed.

Pretty amazing prices at the Clink auction for early Peps and Jackpots. Pep 30 in 6.0 and 34 in 2.5 both over $3K.

The restored CGC 4.0 (MP) Jackpot 4 is currently at $6100 with a couple of hours to go. And, like clockwork, I just got an offer through Heritage for my Jackpot 4 Blue 5.5...$5500 doh!lol

Makes me wish I had bought every copy that surfaced over the past decade, not that there were many. I'm glad that I at least have Pep 22 and Jackpot 4 in bound volumes. I don't stand a chance at the prices the books are going for nowadays.

could have gone for 7-8k. i think people caught on jackpot 4 is worth at least half as much as pep 22. its his first cover apperance and i believe it to be tied or second appearance of archie, betty and jughead. its also the first appearance of miss Grundy.

the demand was pent up on this issue its part of the holy trinity of archie!

im curious to see what filter's pep 22 6.5 goes for. ill stick with 125k!

ps i can offer 5500$ on the boards for your 5.5 jackpot 4 lol

Wasn't the original final price for the Jackpot 4 around $4K? Whoever thought they had won it at that price must be pretty steamed.

Or happy now that CLink has announced its make good. :)

8741787144_c33422eefd_c.jpg

I noticed that the prices of Laugh comics are going up too. I thought these were just a continuation of Blackhood/Hangman.

Nice comics, Bruce.

How's the market for LAUGH #20?

mm

It's finally starting to get some respect based on the results of this auction.

Yes, it is. When you think about it, it's the only '40s Archie first issue that is affordable for a lot of people, so continued upward price pressure seems likely.

8741787144_c33422eefd_c.jpg

I noticed that the prices of Laugh comics are going up too. I thought these were just a continuation of Blackhood/Hangman.

Nice comics, Bruce.

Purchased these at a flea market with a few others. Owner said they were stored behind a refrigerator, I think.

The Archie 1 8.0 resto on Heritage only went for $10,755

I'm kind of in shock, I was thinking it would hit $13k - $15k.

I thought rarity would trump PLOD but I was wrong.

It sold for just a little more than the 1.5 unrestored sold for in Feb.

I had it pegged at $11K :)

A lot of resto on that book, so probably about right IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. When it's easy to see the resto, the price is bound to suffer despite the grade.

Not to repeat too much, but speaking of early Archies ... I just got my the results of my first 4 submissions (using my new member certificate) ... not too shabby! This doesn't necessarily pertain to prices, but I wanted to share!

Cool_zps91ba9664.jpg

Not to repeat too much, but speaking of early Archies ... I just got my the results of my first 4 submissions (using my new member certificate) ... not too shabby! This doesn't necessarily pertain to prices, but I wanted to share!

Cool.jpg

Very nice grades on those tough books!

Comiclink results

Archie 1 CGC 3.0 with a detached cover $29K :o:o

Archie 50 CGC 8.0 $2500 :o

Quite shocked myself !

These books aren't cooling down though, I truly believe these are collectors and not flippers/speculators/pressers taking the plunge. I think prices will sustain and continue to rise over the long term.