• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,152 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2021 at 3:03 PM, InfantTerrible said:

I've been following IH181, which I think probably the bubbliest book of them all, I noticed that its price has ease up a bit. Peak was late-March, early April, grade 8.5-9 were bought at 12-14K, but lately buyers could bargain for these for 9-11K

I haven't been following other books, so would like to know others observations

It's dropping now

On 8/5/2021 at 4:39 PM, alexgross.com said:

this is off the main topic, but with heritage i still buy, but i wont proxy bid. if i cant bid live in the auction, then i dont bid. 

Me neither. I have always been out bid on proxy bids even when super aggressive. Many times by one bid. I have been the high bidder only twice bidding live. And, paid dearly for the opportunity. 

I was going to go for a couple Promise books. Then I realized I didn’t really wanted them that bad and I was just getting sucked into the hype. 

Don’t get me wrong, an amazing collection. But the current frenzy right now tells me my money could be better spent elsewhere. 

Perhaps I will find a couple later that I can bid live on. But I’d better want them pretty bad to spend the time to do so with a reasonable chance of being the high bidder. 

So this thread got me thinking.  I have known about the NP Gresham account since we discussed it a few years ago.  But then I opened an email this morning. 

I was interested in a couple of pieces of animation art over the weekend and I got this email below.  I wonder if Heritage still employs the services of NP Gresham and makes offers to other participants after the auction if NP Gresham 'wins'.  I wonder if those two items available for purchase were items that Heritage was left holding the bag on after their shill was not outbid. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 1.26.49 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/9/2021 at 1:26 PM, Buzzetta said:

So this thread got me thinking.  I have known about the NP Gresham account since we discussed it a few years ago.  But then I opened an email this morning. 

I was interested in a couple of pieces of animation art over the weekend and I got this email below.  I wonder if Heritage still employs the services of NP Gresham and makes offers to other participants after the auction if NP Gresham 'wins'.  I wonder if those two items available for purchase were items that Heritage was left holding the bag on after their shill was not outbid. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 1.26.49 PM.png

Seems incredibly reasonable

A couple of "soft" numbers I happened to be tracking from the CL auction that just concluded:

GSX 1 9.0 sold for $7.3K  vs 90 day of $8.8k.    April peak of $12.5K ( probably an outlier) with most July sales in mid 8s

Star Wars #1 9.8 - two copies each sold for $4.5K.     90 day is $5.7k, peak $6k in June, and even last Ebay sale in Aug was $5.7k.   

ASM #252 9.8 (direct edition) - sold for $1.4K.   90 day is $1.8k, peak of $2k in early June (ignoring a $2.4K outlier in July which was also probably a newsstand) with most August sales being in the $1.6k-$1.7k range.   

Edited by DC#