• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,170 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2021 at 4:58 PM, KPR Comics said:

How much less?   :baiting:

you know; ease less.

On 12/20/2021 at 4:50 PM, Wolverinex said:

I could care less.  If anything, it just presents a great buying opportunity.  

Precisely.  Maybe don't buy that lesser key you've been hunting down right now, but rather take a gamble and wait a few months and see if prices keep falling as they have seemingly started to. (And, I don't mean you personally, but the proverbial you)

Edited by Laszlo the Mudjar

Maybe we moved past the initial question that started this thread but in case we did not, the definitive answer is: it depends

The big keys keep increasing, but the rest, not so much. While there are some random books that didn't even fetch guide which went far beyond guide in 2020-2021, they have fallen back down. Like the Fawcetts I love. Rare as any other golden age superhero book but way cheaper. Only a seldom few keys have not reverted back to their pre pandemic prices. The cheap lots are cheap again, below is an example of one I picked up at Heritage of all places (20% off guide) during an evening filled with people spending ungodly prices on so so promise collection books.

image.thumb.png.4e5a3d91500975c145e397f694e192eb.png

On 12/20/2021 at 11:22 PM, William-James88 said:

Maybe we moved past the initial question that started this thread but in case we did not, the definitive answer is: it depends

The big keys keep increasing, but the rest, not so much. While there are some random books that didn't even fetch guide which went far beyond guide in 2020-2021, they have fallen back down. Like the Fawcetts I love. Rare as any other golden age superhero book but way cheaper. Only a seldom few keys have not reverted back to their pre pandemic prices. The cheap lots are cheap again, below is an example of one I picked up at Heritage of all places (20% off guide) during an evening filled with people spending ungodly prices on so so promise collection books.

image.thumb.png.4e5a3d91500975c145e397f694e192eb.png

Honestly a lot of big keys have dropped too from the crazy highs 

On 12/20/2021 at 1:42 PM, Roger66 said:
On 12/18/2021 at 6:05 PM, LordRahl said:

They have cooled in 9.8 but holding strong in 9.6 and 9.4 and even the 9.8 that just sold for $38K sold for TRIPLE what a 9.8 was selling for just 2 years ago. Still on fire for the majority of people that own one. 

GSX1 is a very common book that just happened to get caught up in the craziness of those could not afford an X-MEN 1 :headpat: - ..  yes the top tier graded copies remain solid but with so-so-so many copies in lower grades available this book like a lot of common bronze keys is highly influenced by even the slightest downward trends.

Totally agree with both points highlighted here as absolutely no argument that even at these "lowered prices from the peak, they are still substantially higher than what they were selling for back in 2019.  (thumbsu

The only question is when does such a common book like GSXM 1 (even in CGC 9.8 uber HG) stop falling and start to consolidate because this latest continuing downward sale at $37K still represents a percentage drop of over 48% from its peak of $72K back in June of this year?  :wishluck:  :taptaptap:

On 12/20/2021 at 11:22 PM, William-James88 said:

Only a seldom few keys have not reverted back to their pre pandemic prices.

While I agree with some of your points, this specific point is not true. Even though a majority of keys have significantly reduced in price the past few months, a majority are still 50% to 100% higher than pre pandemic prices. Yes there could be some exceptions, but in general this is the case. Most keys are still way above where they were back in 2020.

On 12/21/2021 at 10:21 AM, Motor City Rob said:

While I agree with some of your points, this specific point is not true. Even though a majority of keys have significantly reduced in price the past few months, a majority are still 50% to 100% higher than pre pandemic prices. Yes there could be some exceptions, but in general this is the case. Most keys are still way above where they were back in 2020.

My post was talking about Fawcett comics, where only a seldom few keys have not reverted back to their pre pandemic prices. It would help if you quoted my entire statement to show the context of what I wrote rather than just quote one line.

On 12/20/2021 at 4:33 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

You lose all credibility when you use ‘AMS’ instead of ‘ASM’ as the acronym for Amazing Spider-Man!

You lose credibility when your only addition to the conversation is the correction of "AMS".

On 12/21/2021 at 11:07 AM, blazingbob said:

Listen,  I sold my personal copy of Hulk #1 9.0 for $30K.   Yes I made money but life moves on.  

Regrets would be selling the Hulk #181 9.4 for a loss.

I sold my Avengers 57 9.2W with beautiful centering and gloss for lovely profit. I paid $100.00 and was my first "big" purchase. I bought my wife a Louis bag and she lit up like a Christmas tree! I miss that book, the memory was worth it. On the flip, I refuse to sell my Chamber of Chills 19 and the value is almost at 100X what I paid. We make choices, we miss things we no longer have. But at the time, it was the right choice.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:12 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Congratulations! Must be nice if this allows you to go after TMNT #1.. 

Mine was more like... 

104031631-Screen-Shot-2016-10-19-at-10_20.51-AM.jpg.c6c327a66580e60860c64771418f76d5.jpg

My company doesn't even give that.....