• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of the old boardies still around?
10 10

350 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2021 at 11:06 AM, KryptoSpidey said:

Yeah i may have commented on some posts my 1st day(s) but i started a topic same day or shortly after and went on a rant in all caps. It was not received well lol 

Found it lol 

Screenshot 2021-07-25 11.09.47 AM.png

Good old fashioned hazing....:foryou:

On 7/24/2021 at 11:58 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I was surprised at how difficult the transition appeared to be for a lot of boardies.  As someone with autism I struggle with changes to routine, but, with a bit of playing around with the features on the new system, I found the switchover quite comfortable. No different to me than an OS update.

I know many hated it and railed about it for months and just left. I thought it wasn't the big of a deal and on the selling portion of the boards it has 
made it easier. 

Now recently the website is having periodic problems again, but nothing major.

That and some boardies just hated the control/strikes they were getting from the Mods. 
Don't act like a insufficiently_thoughtful_person you wont get one is what I thought.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 7/25/2021 at 11:44 AM, fastballspecial said:

I know many hated it and railed about it for months and just left. I thought it wasn't the big of a deal and on the selling portion of the boards it has 
made it easier. 

There are a lot of pluses to the new boards, but I think a lot of the hate is a mix of how much of a departure it was, as well as all the nostalgia that was wrapped up in the old design and layout. 

It’s like hearing that song that takes you back to a certain moment in time with all the memories of relationships that come flooding back. 

I’m not complaining, though. I got a custom title out of the whole deal. 

:banana:

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 7/23/2021 at 7:10 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

YES SIR!!! I'm back in FL and living up in Cocoa Beach now and i've been grabbing a few good ones too :shy:

20201224_181448.thumb.jpg.6de2b4bd31cac8ce470831cf9281f0c4.jpg

I am not sure I am allowed to post here as I am NOT a "long time" board member, however, I just had to say what a great set of books you have there.  Daredevil is awesome and those are some fine examples.  Beautiful!  Congrats! 

Duh still here to be honest in my day the Boards were where you get all the news all the fun threads that were posted really ment something and the chatter was everywhere.  I miss those days calling out people like Comic-Keys and more!  Friday Melt downs threads that went into 50 pages in one day

Yeah, I loved that PM flashing envelope.  It was exciting! :acclaim:

SO many old threads that went off the rails in the first 3-5 years...but also so many that taught me a ton about comics.  MasterChef in particular has my vote for 'most knowledgeable' poster over the years, although there have been many (I'm not one of them, as you can see from my >3000 posts in 19+ years of board activity.)  9_9

Dan

On 7/27/2021 at 4:47 PM, Stronguy said:
On 7/14/2021 at 9:32 AM, HighVoltage said:

Your post count is going backwards since the site reboot

Prior to the reboot I had the 1,000,000th post. :sorry:

I had the 3,000,000th post in comics general, there was a whole thread and I was lucky enough to win the prize of @kav original art,  though the art may have been more of a gift I was thankful for  :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/27/2021 at 5:40 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I'm going to be starting a contest soon.  First prize will be free spelling lessons.

You need to "when" that one. :baiting:

Yes, lol at the same time I was trying to search for the thread to show, didn't happen.

Thank you for the correction :) Awful or worse is that "google" is no longer a helper for the boards search function. I though that it may be because the search function had improved.

It was not.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:13 PM, OldGuy said:
On 7/20/2021 at 8:07 PM, LordRahl said:

Has it really been 19 years? Yikes. I miss OldGuy the most I think. A well placed "go fist yourself" never ceased to crack me up... even when it was directed at me on occasion. 

:foryou:

kl2hO2Z.gif

On 7/25/2021 at 7:07 AM, godquest said:

Due to personal circumstances as well as still complaining to myself about new board design, have not been on as often. Slowly getting back into.:banana:

Same here. The board changed and I had to put a hold on collecting nearly at the same time. Things are calmer now, so I'm showing up more often again.