• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of the old boardies still around?
10 10

350 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2021 at 1:04 AM, ninanina said:

Still here as well. Anyone remember Bugaboo? Hilarious stuff if you didn't take him too seriously. Then there was the time when we had an actual writer, do a story with all us members in it. 

I think Bug still lurks on the forums. 

On 8/19/2021 at 11:04 PM, ninanina said:

Then there was the time when we had an actual writer, do a story with all us members in it. 

Can't remember her name but she was great.

Edited by OldGuy

On 8/20/2021 at 1:04 AM, ninanina said:

Still here as well. Anyone remember Bugaboo? Hilarious stuff if you didn't take him too seriously. Then there was the time when we had an actual writer, do a story with all us members in it. 

:hi:

He’s still here :gossip:

Bug is great :headbang:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

Ok @Mutie Fan my “like” above was a joke.

there are approximately 395 pages of Gold topics dating back to 2003. I’m reading them all and by doing so am dropping in on approximately 20 year old conversations. It’s like a sci fi movie where the crew has all disappeared, but the dinner is laid out on the table and the coffee is still warm. 

it’s a fascinating trip backwards, and I’m learning the thoughts and the personalities of boardies long gone. Every now and then, if I’ve got something to say, I’ll bump an old thread. Boardies I thought had long gone will emerge blinking and scratching and saying “who dare disturbeth my sleep!!” And I’ve had the privilege to talk to “some of the old boardies who are still around”. Their 20 year old conversations reveal a sort of timeless knowledge and humor. 

it’s a deep dive I think many here would find fascinating 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 8/23/2021 at 8:47 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Ok @Mutie Fan my “like” above was a joke.

there are approximately 395 pages of Gold topics dating back to 2003. I’m reading them all and by doing so am dropping in on approximately 20 year old conversations. It’s like a sci fi movie where the crew has all disappeared, but the dinner is laid out on the table and the coffee is still warm. 

it’s a fascinating trip backwards, and I’m learning the thoughts and the personalities of boardies long gone. Every now and then, if I’ve got something to say, I’ll bump an old thread. Boardies I thought had long gone will emerge blinking and scratching and saying “who dare disturbeth my sleep!!” And I’ve had the privilege to talk to “some of the old boardies who are still around”. Their 20 year old conversations reveal a sort of timeless knowledge and humor. 

it’s a deep dive I think many here would find fascinating 

Nice way to put it. There is some tremendous knowledge and insight from all kinds of collectors here on the boards ready to be unearthed.
(if only the search function actually kinda... functioned)
And it's always a pleasant surprise when someone new arrives on the boards with new info and perspective.