• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of the old boardies still around?
10 10

350 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2021 at 7:42 AM, Flee-Marquette said:

I still have everything in a Photobucket folder as well as hard drive backup.  I am guessing 1.8-2K images and animations that

mostly span 2007-2014.  I also have most of the boardie pictures posted during that time period.  :shy:

There have been so many that pop up it's hard to keep track of how many were out there. When @joe_collector asked about you, I remembered seeing your Punk Rocker thread so I had to tag you as I knew you had been active.  Thank you ! :banana:

On 8/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, joe_collector said:

But man, collecting on eBay from the late-90's into the 2000's and one here from 2000 on was an absolute blast and probably the best time I ever had as a collector. 

Tons of comics, low prices, great people, fun topics, and a lot of the stuff we were doing was new - like cataloging the known 30 and 35-cent variants. 

P.S. Is greggy still around? Those old GIFs that (flee?) made were hilarious. 

P.P.S. RIP Nik. 

:flipbait:

On 8/8/2021 at 5:42 AM, Flee-Marquette said:

I still have everything in a Photobucket folder as well as hard drive backup.  I am guessing 1.8-2K images and animations that

mostly span 2007-2014.  I also have most of the boardie pictures posted during that time period.  :shy:

:flipbait:

On 8/7/2021 at 2:48 PM, joe_collector said:

No worries, I'm still alive and doing great. 

I just found that the speculator activity + movie hype made comics less attractive to me, as I've never been one to "follow the crowd" when it comes to collectibles. 

I think the point where I lost the urge to keep buying was when a guy I know on FB posted his "Latest Acquisitions" and it turned out to be a CGC 8.5 copy of Champions #1 that I believe he bought for $300 or so. That was mind-blowing and creeped me out quite a bit. 

The prices that some of this stuff is going for now should be illegal and to me, it's no longer a fun hobby but a blatant cash grab right now.  

Still got your Byrne X-Men hoard?:hi:

On 8/16/2021 at 6:14 PM, MasterChief said:

Old Forum. Reliable, Dependable, Memorable.  (worship)

2021-08-02_13-41-53.thumb.gif.f6190e57a4e6517e3084325e54392d2f.gif

Just one question...what's a firsr appearance??  meh

On 8/16/2021 at 8:44 PM, sckao said:

I think it's similar to RedSox. (shrug)

Chock that up to limited space (thumbsu

Btw...what does sckao stand for?

I used to live above Boston near the NH border. Great memories there visiting The Million Year Picnic, Superhero Universe, Newbury Comics, etc... :cloud9:

If you check my profile and check my homepage, it becomes instantly apparent what sckao means. (It's not a secret.) :shy: