• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us comics you got signed in person
7 7

204 posts in this topic

I thought these sigs were really cool, it was neat to get all three of these guys at once, and the covers are so cool with the use of negative space.

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4367.JPG

IMG_4368.JPG

IMG_4369.JPG

not sure If I ever posted this!

Went to a LCS with an artist who was signing and sketching! I believe his name was Robert Wilson the IV lol fancy :) 

I was first in line, along with my brother, and we got a couple!

I love the Album Cover Homage :banana: 

and still, I probably put my foot in mouth a couple of times :roflmao: 

Wilson IV Remarque.jpg

wilson IV Sketch.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/23/2021 at 7:47 AM, F For Fake said:

Thanks for the great topic, @Robot Man . I'd been wondering for a while where there might be a good place to share some favorite signatures, and you gave me a home to do so!

Most of the books I have signed would be of no value to anyone other than myself. For instance, there was a time when I was on a tear, tracking down Legion artists and writers. Here are a few I got over the years. Books that a lot of people wouldn't pay a buck for, but priceless to me!

Photo Dec 02, 10 04 33 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 02, 10 04 31 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 02, 10 04 32 PM.jpg

IMG_4350.JPG

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4353.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

Great group of signatures. I’ll bet it was a blast getting them. This is the point of this thread. Fans getting to meet their favorite artists and writers just for the pure joy and personal enjoyment.

Some things are far more important than financial gain. 

On 11/23/2021 at 7:54 AM, F For Fake said:

And finally, this is one of my most treasured objects. When I started going to conventions back in 97, I started bringing this DC Comics Sixty Years book to shows, and would track down anyone I could find who had ever worked for DC. If they had artwork or if their name was specifically mentioned in the book, I tried to have them sign one of those pages. If not, I tried to have them sign the page of a character they are associated with. And sometimes I was lazy and just had them sign the front page, which has accumulated several doodles.

So many great memories in this book. Worthless to anyone who isn't me, but one of my most prized possessions. Instantly transports me to those specific shows and meeting those folks. Some great memories, some not so great memories. There are a lot of sigs in there, here are some highlights.

IMG_3471.JPG

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

IMG_3478.JPG

IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3482.JPG

IMG_3483.JPG

IMG_3484.JPG

IMG_3485.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3488.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG

Wow, that is a treasure! So many big names that are no longer with us. Must be Awsome to just page through it and remember all those great moments.

Earlier in this thread I did the same thing with a MAD book. I have always been a big fan. Was fun hearing the comments about the names in the book when I had someone else sign it. Heard many cool stories. Sadly, MAD is no more and practically everyone who worked on it is now gone. 

On 11/23/2021 at 12:32 PM, Robot Man said:

Wow, that is a treasure! So many big names that are no longer with us. Must be Awsome to just page through it and remember all those great moments.

Earlier in this thread I did the same thing with a MAD book. I have always been a big fan. Was fun hearing the comments about the names in the book when I had someone else sign it. Heard many cool stories. Sadly, MAD is no more and practically everyone who worked on it is now gone. 

Thanks! Yes, you're absolutely right, last night as I was taking the pics it was a happy trip down memory lane, but also a very bittersweet one, as I noted just how many of these folks are no longer with us. I'm happy to have had the privilege of a moment of their time, and have shared that moment, but the list of those who aren't around anymore is much larger than I would have expected at this point in time.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:28 PM, rexinnih said:

That is a beautiful collection of signatures and true labor of love to keep at it over the years.

Thanks! I slowed down on it a few years ago, but going through it last night made me think that maybe it's time to take it back out to shows again!

On 6/27/2022 at 7:26 PM, Terry JSA said:

Me and Jonathan Hickman after he signed my Ultimate Fallout #4 at HeroesCon 2022. 

005D1195-34A2-4800-B9FB-461935DB9359.jpeg

Glad your able to make it work and have fun!  :x

Great pic

I assume for yellow label?  How were the crowds?

On 6/27/2022 at 8:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Glad your able to make it work and have fun!  :x

Great pic

I assume for yellow label?  How were the crowds?

Thanks! It was the for Signature Series label.

I only attended that Friday of the convention and not the entire weekend like I had originally planned, but the crowds were fine. You were able to get around the show floor without a problem. 

My only complaint was that certain creators had insanely long lines.

On 6/30/2022 at 8:44 AM, Terry JSA said:

Thanks! It was the for Signature Series label.

I only attended that Friday of the convention and not the entire weekend like I had originally planned, but the crowds were fine. You were able to get around the show floor without a problem. 

My only complaint was that certain creators had insanely long lines.

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to get it done in short amount of time then :) , also someone posted a con report, if you'd like to revisit :headbang: 

On 9/13/2021 at 9:02 PM, J Bill said:

I got this signed by Jim Aparo, Giordano, Sprang (!), Denny O'Neil, Dave Dorman and Archie Goodwin at the Chicago Comicon in 1989.  Sprang was the Guest of Honor that year.  I remember being dead set on getting as many signatures in the book as I could that day, although I never brought it with me to subsequent conventions to get more sigs...

20210913_195332.jpg.df7603239435470ee7176de410e7cbf6.jpg20210913_195318.thumb.jpg.8e8967d4b12af499291f36d663a25e9f.jpg

Its slabbed with the other guys but I was second in line for Denny O-Neil to sign a Green Lantern book for me. It took a half hour because he was talking to the guy in front of me about an old plot line that didn't go through. His agent finally said he had more people to sign today. RIP Denny