• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*ALMOST* impossible to sign on to the chat boards and it's driving me nuts!
9 9

138 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Clear your Browser Cache. Just Clear it Back to the End of Time. (This tends to work for me.)

You can clear your DNS cache as well. It depends on your platform, so you should Google "Flush DNS Cache" or "Clear DNS Cache" for your Operating System and Browser.

It appears they have changed URLs for the forums?

I have been using this bookmarks and have been experiencing the same 502 error messages. When I tried to view the site yesterday all I got was 502 messages.
https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/61-goldensilverbronze-age-only/

As of this morning I noticed that the URLs are now like this (not sure when the change was made):
https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/61-goldensilverbronze-age-only/

I would suggest using the boards.cgccomics.com as I have not had a single 502 error since using the "new" URLS.

Edited by 707comics

On 10/21/2021 at 12:30 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Is there an echo in here? :bigsmile:

They are probably just so thankful to be logged in now, I remember my days of reading without being joined to the boards, before I ever joined of course.

It was a tough slog to get to everything even then lol so today, as important as it is to know that info :eek: eek

People really should relate the info of the new url by word of mouth

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Honestly, I think most people just start typing the domain and the autocomplete usually finishes it. (Or it just appears as a recent site in the browser navigation.) Not that many people actually type in "www" or the subdomains any more. The DNS should redirect accordingly to the correct website URL. People who have bookmarked it do need to create a new bookmark of course... but I don't tend to use bookmarks personally that much for sites I go to a lot.

CGC could put in those redirects just to make it easier for all the older people who bookmarked the previous www URL though. (shrug)

On 10/21/2021 at 11:19 AM, sckao said:

Hi Everyone,

Clear your Browser Cache. Just Clear it Back to the End of Time. (This tends to work for me.)

You can clear your DNS cache as well. It depends on your platform, so you should Google "Flush DNS Cache" or "Clear DNS Cache" for your Operating System and Browser.

This doesn't work for the login issue.  I had to logout and log back in.  

Not notifying people about a new website address seems colossally negligent.  I mean how did this get through without someone saying, "do you think we should tell our users about the new address?"

Clowns.  

Maybe it didn’t solve YOUR problem. I used that to solve MY problem not more than an hour or two ago.

Like I said, there are many ways to get to the boards, so there’s nothing wrong with clearing your browser cache, flushing DNS, and any of the other standard IT fixes used before delving into a particular user’s problem.

I type in cgccomics.com into my browser URL field generally if I need to get to the CGC site. Everyone has their own way of doing things. (shrug)

On 10/21/2021 at 1:46 PM, sckao said:

Maybe it didn’t solve YOUR problem. I used that to solve MY problem not more than an hour or two ago.

Like I said, there are many ways to get to the boards, so there’s nothing wrong with clearing your browser cache, flushing DNS, and any of the other standard IT fixes used before delving into a particular user’s problem.

I type in cgccomics.com into my browser URL field generally if I need to get to the CGC site. Everyone has their own way of doing things. (shrug)

Well the good news is that since I cleared my cache & logged out the problem went away for about 12 hours.  It's now back since they changed the URL without telling anyone.  Killer IT service.  

On 10/21/2021 at 3:46 PM, sckao said:

Yes, but should we have to? Now excuse me while I go hold my breathe until these boards are fixed.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:08 AM, buttock said:

More good news.  If you do a google search for "cgc boards" the direct link that you find goes to the old URL.  It's really unbelievable how poorly this was executed.  People are texting me to ask if the boards are down.  Clown show.  

This was the problem I had

Took me a bit to figure out going to the main page