• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*ALMOST* impossible to sign on to the chat boards and it's driving me nuts!
9 9

138 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Hey, you climbed back in the boat from the raw sewage, welcome back 

Did you get that the right way around? hm

I got 502 bad gateway errors for several days, couldn't get on at all during that period, did absolutely nothing about it, but then tonight it's working perfectly again.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/22/2021 at 2:47 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I got 502 bad gateway errors for several days, couldn't get on at all during that period, did absolutely nothing about it, but then tonight it's working perfectly again.

They finally redirected the old URL.  The 502 errors were because they changed the URL.  The boards were working just fine, only at a different address.  

On 10/23/2021 at 2:45 PM, RareHighGrade said:

I'm unable to sign in to the Boards today when using Microsoft Edge as my browser.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

On 10/25/2021 at 11:05 AM, buttock said:

Signing in on a different computer and getting logged out after an hour or two.  Still have to do the stupid sign-out/sign-in.  Brilliant software update.  

On 10/25/2021 at 2:00 PM, PKJ said:

When I get in I keep hoping someone is doing a killer sales thread, but that has yet to happen and a few minutes later I get logged back off.

The stored password data is cleared from the server/site after XX amount of time, or when the page is closed and re-opened. The only way to stay logged in is to have the browser open, and not closed.

The only temporary resolution is to clear your Chrome, or Edge browsing data for "all time", then log in again (Same for iPhone Safari and Chrome browsers). The remember password option is of no use once the browser is closed.

This needs to be addressed by @Architecht @dena

On 10/25/2021 at 3:10 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

The stored password data is cleared from the server/site after XX amount of time, or when the page is closed and re-opened. The only way to stay logged in is to have the browser open, and not closed.

The only temporary resolution is to clear your Chrome, or Edge browsing data for "all time", then log in again (Same for iPhone Safari and Chrome browsers). The remember password option is of no use once the browser is closed.

This needs to be addressed by @Architecht @dena

I didn't even close the browser this time.  It just logged me off.  

On 10/25/2021 at 5:42 PM, speedcake said:

This is getting very old. I can’t log in on my computer again. I can post from my phone thankfully but what’s the secret trick this time ?

None that I know of. It doesn't save my posts draft sometimes and when I click submit post it erases it. Doesn't happen that often. No fix for me either though :tink:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/25/2021 at 6:13 PM, speedcake said:

ok ya signing out and back in fixed it, it seems. My bad for panicking. It's still idiotic 

No worries. Glad you still posted. The site tends to log out when it's been idle a long time. As long as logging back in is possible,  presumably, I can make it work.

Only semi as frustrating as 500 errors. But not perfect. 

On 10/25/2021 at 7:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

No worries. Glad you still posted. The site tends to log out when it's been idle a long time. As long as logging back in is possible,  presumably, I can make it work.

Only semi as frustrating as 500 errors. But not perfect. 

wait, you are responsible for this?