• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Official Holiday Raffle Thread - Join by 12/21 or Go Pound Sand!!!
19 19

1,714 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2021 at 6:20 PM, The Sledder said:

If you want to split shipping, make a new post and include the donation number of your item so it’s easy to find and edit.  I’m still on vacation and am doing this from a tablet, so the easier you can make it on me, the better. (worship)

Something like:

#32 Will split shipping 50/50 internationally.

And again, make it a new post.  If you edit your original post, guaranteed I’ll miss it.

Enjoy the vacation! 

My donation was added above. 

On 12/13/2021 at 4:39 AM, Tghutcn said:

I’ll participate and donate a mystery box if you want it shipped internationally with cost I’d have to ask for a contribution to postage anywhere outside the UK I’ll include multiple comics from different eras and try and accommodate for the winner’s taste if I can 

Can you please clarify you shipping preference @Tghutcn?  Are you in the UK and asking for extra shipping if anyone outside the UK claims it?  Please advise.

4F49914F-5A2D-4921-AC31-4E3689CC933B.gif.a01d420e951766071de727fe8cf1f6f7.gif

On 12/17/2021 at 1:24 PM, wombat said:

Still debating more than one prize, but for my first I will offer up my normal mystery box of Frazetta/Horror Magazines/Whatever else I got laying around goodness. 

@The Sledder Sorry, I should have said US shipping only. This is going to be very heavy. 

On 12/17/2021 at 10:37 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

Can someone inform me how the drawing video works?  So once our name is drawn, how long time frame do we get to make our pick? Do we we have to watch live?  I likely will be busy with relatives.  And how many picks do we make? 

So, the "drawing" is going to happen before the raffle selection.  You'll get a number (1st pick, 2nd pick, etc.) and you'll know ahead of time what order everyone will be picking in.  Before the day of the actual picking though, everyone sends in a ranked list of the raffle items they want the most, in order.  So on the day everyone picks, if you are not around when your number comes up, then you automatically get whatever is the highest ranked item left on your list.  

If you don't send in a list before hand, though, then you kind of get skipped over.  You can make your pick whenever you show up, but you would have lost your original pick order.  

*edit*  also, everyone gets one pick, except that in the event there are more raffle items than pickers (which will be the case because several generous people have offered multiple items)  the last person who picks gets to immediately pick again, and the pick order reverses back up the line until all the items have been picked.

Edited by Axelrod

On 12/17/2021 at 7:37 PM, Bluemedgroup said:

Can someone inform me how the drawing video works?  So once our name is drawn, how long time frame do we get to make our pick? Do we we have to watch live?  I likely will be busy with relatives.  And how many picks do we make? 

Also, you can refer to the first page in this thread.  There are links to previous raffles and you'll see the elves pick names.  One of the highlights of the year, especially when there are challenging, punny or weird names to draw....you know, like bluemedgroup :whistle:

On 12/17/2021 at 9:56 PM, Axelrod said:

So, the "drawing" is going to happen before the raffle selection.  You'll get a number (1st pick, 2nd pick, etc.) and you'll know ahead of time what order everyone will be picking in.  Before the day of the actual picking though, everyone sends in a ranked list of the raffle items they want the most, in order.  So on the day everyone picks, if you are not around when your number comes up, then you automatically get whatever is the highest ranked item left on your list.  

If you don't send in a list before hand, though, then you kind of get skipped over.  You can make your pick whenever you show up, but you would have lost your original pick order.  

*edit*  also, everyone gets one pick, except that in the event there are more raffle items than pickers (which will be the case because several generous people have offered multiple items)  the last person who picks gets to immediately pick again, and the pick order reverses back up the line until all the items have been picked.

Thank you for explaining.  I feel like this should be pinned on the first page.

one question though, how long is our rank list?  Is it the entire 50+ item list?  

On 12/18/2021 at 1:41 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

one question though, how long is our rank list?  Is it the entire 50+ item list?  

I don't often do the rankings as I like to pick live. But if you rank 25 items you are likely going to be fine. Wait until you see where you are in the drawing order, if you are near the top ranking only a few items may work.

also, I think you can put your # down and get a text a little before your turn. The running is very simple, it just seems a little convoluted now.

Rank as many as you want. But obviously if you rank less than the pick you are you risk running out of options and then they have to skip over you. I always wait until I see where my pick is before I waste time doing my ranking. 

On 12/18/2021 at 12:42 AM, The Sledder said:

Can you please clarify you shipping preference @Tghutcn?  Are you in the UK and asking for extra shipping if anyone outside the UK claims it?  Please advise.

4F49914F-5A2D-4921-AC31-4E3689CC933B.gif.a01d420e951766071de727fe8cf1f6f7.gif

Sorry for any confusion I am asking for extra shipping for anyone outside the uk not full price I’ll work out the amount depending where you are and cost to me