• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is CGC trying to lose their dealers as well?
11 11

466 posts in this topic

I'd always wondered where tetanus was born. 

Alternately, it's like a homeless camp for methed up cats. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:32 AM, GACollectibles said:

I found it!

FedEx packages dumped in Alabama woods – 400 parcels found in Hayden amid  Black Friday & Cyber Monday delivery surge

We actually had several cases with my local post office where employees were ditching the mail. 

ghows-DA-7bbf0501-90bd-0671-e053-0100007fedf7-ca8c5a35.jpeg.46841e5d39c4c3f9ea44bc48372eaa74.jpeg

https://amp.srpressgazette.com/amp/7955587007

On 1/14/2022 at 11:54 AM, Gaard said:

If it's that damn junk mail, I say ditch-away.

If that was all it was, I would agree. The main reason they really looked into it was several had medication that was supposed to be delivered and originally they thought someone was stealing it. Wish I could find the other pictures.  There were packages as well. TONS of mail.. 

On 1/13/2022 at 12:35 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Go back to the CBCS forums then and stop trolling CGC's.

Go take all your slabs, if you have them in a CGC holder, convert them to CBCS and sell them at auction. Let me know how it works out. :wishluck: if you get an exceptional white pager. Whatever that means.

What I don't understand from CBCS is that they go out of their way to find a way to distinguish themselves from the CGC case with what could be seen as a superior case, and make it look so damn cheap with that perforated label.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:07 PM, mr_highgrade said:

:busy:

20211113_085511.jpg

I sent one last year for the Bagley signing and it came back 9.8. I was extatic! But then saw the current prices and it's basically worth the price of cost :(

We say that 361 went down a lot from last year, but man I think this book's drop might be worse.

On 1/14/2022 at 11:42 AM, sckao said:

End of year 2019 snapshot in time average was $83.

End of year 2020 snapshot in time average was $137.

End of year 2021 snapshot in time average was $159.

Ignore the peaks and valleys... 

But, Mama, that's where the fun is!

On 1/14/2022 at 1:42 PM, sckao said:

End of year 2019 snapshot in time average was $83.

End of year 2020 snapshot in time average was $137.

End of year 2021 snapshot in time average was $159.

Ignore the peaks and valleys... 

curious about end of year 2022 snapshot in time average, we'll see

So I just paid the $199 ransom....errrrr....dealer fee to continue as a CGC Member Dealer.  But I continue to have the same problem as before I paid the fee.  Whenever I try go in and enter new submissions, it keeps asking me to pick an item from the Signature drop-down menu.  I don't know why because I don't WANT any books signed on this particular submission.  All other blocks are clicked on correctly, but when I click on "Add Comic" it keeps telling me to pick something in the Signature menu.  WTF???

On 1/14/2022 at 1:28 PM, William-James88 said:

What I don't understand from CBCS is that they go out of their way to find a way to distinguish themselves from the CGC case with what could be seen as a superior case, and make it look so damn cheap with that perforated label.

I hadn’t seen one in person until about a month ago.  That’s the first thing I noticed.  Such a bargain basement label :facepalm:

On 1/14/2022 at 3:46 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I hadn’t seen one in person until about a month ago.  That’s the first thing I noticed.  Such a bargain basement label :facepalm:

Anyone thinking these guys are a viable alternative should spend some time on their forum

They are extremely phobic of any sort of criticism, good or bad.

You think CGC is indifferent?

That place is toxic