• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is CGC trying to lose their dealers as well?
11 11

466 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2022 at 10:59 AM, namisgr said:

The first question will be whether the interior of the book matches with the cover.  :devil:

I have had good luck with buying PGX, but you have to really examine prior to purchase. Of the three 9.4s cracked that I can remember, two were 9.4 and one was 9.2. The lesser grades all seemed fairly accurate, but again, I scrutinized what I was buying.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:04 AM, shadroch said:

I've been hearing people call PGX a fly-by-night company operating out of someones garage for the last twenty years. 

In other breaking news....

14617108_max.jpg.d062f186457e16eb0dfc877f1997c9cb.jpg

On 1/12/2022 at 3:13 PM, Prince Namor said:

In the end, none of this will deter the overwhelming number of submissions sent in to CBCS.

I think it sours people on grading services in general to be honest (to a degree) and might be bad for business all around.  As stated before by a few people they would simply sell the books raw.  Even Heritage seems to be offering more ungraded books individually and in lots over the last two years. 

On 1/12/2022 at 4:11 PM, wombat said:
On 1/12/2022 at 4:07 PM, lizards2 said:

I keep my slabs in a centrifuge, to compensate and counteract the rotation of the Earth and the Moon's gravitational pull.

I'm working on a patent. 

WeirdAggressiveLeonberger-size_restricted.gif

It's a race for who gets the Nobel first....

On 1/12/2022 at 4:07 PM, lizards2 said:

I keep my slabs in a centrifuge, to compensate and counteract the rotation of the Earth and the Moon's gravitational pull.

Um, check your maths again, I think your extra covid weight is a factor, not the moon.

On 1/12/2022 at 3:07 PM, lizards2 said:

On 1/12/2022 at 3:11 PM, wombat said:

I'm working on a patent. 

Where have I seen this before? hm

mac-iasip.gif.091fd47b3b131d4c9f4b3deb8d98a590.gif

On 1/12/2022 at 3:07 PM, lizards2 said:

I must attain this sacred knowledge....

On 1/12/2022 at 3:11 PM, wombat said:

I'm working on a patent. 

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear...

On 1/12/2022 at 12:43 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Not understanding what you mean by who bows them backwards.

You suggested doing so because that's what it would take to find the weakness.  A simple twist or often a squeeze will show which is weaker.  It's not like it's news CBCS has the stronger case.

Stronger, clearer, protective, vented cases with no Newton rings win every day.  

But whatever, we all have our own favorites.  I just found it interesting someone would actually claim the CBCS case is weaker.

On 1/12/2022 at 1:32 PM, GACollectibles said:

Um, check your maths again, I think your extra covid weight is a factor, not the moon.

I maintained my tremendous girth all through covid, up until the part where I broke my collarbone in September. Then I gained 8 lbs.

On 1/12/2022 at 3:03 PM, lizards2 said:

I have had good luck with buying PGX, but you have to really examine prior to purchase. Of the three 9.4s cracked that I can remember, two were 9.4 and one was 9.2. The lesser grades all seemed fairly accurate, but again, I scrutinized what I was buying.

My next submission is actually gonna be with PGX. Books are in the $100 to $200 range so even if they come back way low its no big deal. 

On 1/12/2022 at 3:29 PM, shadroch said:

86% of stats are BS and most of the other 54% are worthless.

On 1/12/2022 at 3:35 PM, kimik said:

What about the other 93%?

On 1/12/2022 at 4:44 PM, Mystafo said:

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear...

So great seeing this come from you

On 1/12/2022 at 5:46 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

My next submission is actually gonna be with PGX. Books are in the $100 to $200 range so even if they come back way low its no big deal. 

Why even slab at that point? Will a PGX slab give more than selling raw?

On 1/12/2022 at 6:51 PM, Buzzetta said:

Biggest success story was a Hulk 181 in PGX 6.5 holder that would benefit from a press.  Came back a 9.0 from CGC after the press.   

There be gold en dem hills. 

If I had bought that 9.0, and now heard this story...:sick:

On 1/12/2022 at 7:32 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

If I had bought that 9.0, and now heard this story...:sick:

lol It's a 9.0.  There was a period where every book I got from them was undergraded.   As Shad said, some of their books have been decent.   I think the 182 from the set also came back several grades higher.   I still have the 180 and the 181 from the set.  I am pretty sure that the 180 went from a 5.0 to a 7.0 with CGC. 

When the opportunity came up to buy all three I thought that they were too nice to at the time but never cracked them out.