• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multiple Copies of a Book
11 11

304 posts in this topic

On 7/14/2022 at 3:24 PM, MR SigS said:

All I need is Peter to be shoved in front of a subway train without his Spidey-Sense being triggered being in a scene in the next film. Is that asking so much?

Make sure it's a dude in a pink polyester suit who does the shoving. :kidaround:

On 7/14/2022 at 2:32 PM, valiantman said:

Make sure it's a dude in a pink polyester suit who does the shoving. :kidaround:

It's the MCU. No guarantee their Venom will be a dude.

And even if it is, well... It's the MCU.

EDIT- Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by MR SigS

On 1/16/2022 at 10:36 PM, Math Teacher said:

It looks like I am one of the few people who doesn't have multiple books in his collection. Who knew?

I'm with you in the no multiples boat. Well other than bad record keeping as others have said which results in me buying multiple copies by accident.  But that's only for run fillers. I always remember if I already own a key book or not. 

For me collecting is about having a wide variety of titles and most importantly having large complete runs, primarily of the original Marvel series. 

I only have a few multiple copies when I get my key the need for a second copy kind of diminishes unless it’s a super favourite or book I really want.

for me personally the doubles I have are because of bad record keeping and a d’oh moment or when presented with two raw copies of asm2 and can’t decide which one to take so I took both lol with intention of grading both and seeing which one grades slightly higher as they both are very close in condition… but umm yeah I should probably look at grading them eventually it’s been many years already haha… 

On 7/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, D2 said:

This reference went over my head lol

Just a writer whose thing was writing short stories with twists. An oft assigned reading in schools was "The Gift of the Magi". The plot wasn't particularly exciting, but it was tangentially similar to the situation you described.

I have multiple copies of Dave Stevens books and once bought 10 copies of the Pumpkin cover just because it's so cool.I will buy DS covers everytime I find them in the wild.I think having more than one copy kinda goes with the territory for several different reasons,most of which have been answered here.

On 7/15/2022 at 1:14 PM, Ice Cream Bunny said:

Think EC Comics "snap" endings or M. Knight Shallamallama movies.

"What a twist!" - Robot Chicken.

This kind of sounds like my type of read!

The twist within a twist though, what is better than that?

I see dead people…

We are all dead people.

:ohnoez:

On 7/14/2022 at 4:31 PM, MR SigS said:

It's the MCU. No guarantee their Venom will be a dude.

And even if it is, well... It's the MCU.

EDIT- Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Those Hulk vs Thing's in your sig (pun intended!) are amazing. Never seen them until now! I think I like the Pollard one the best but they are all outstanding.