• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multiple Copies of a Book
11 11

304 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2022 at 9:03 PM, Miket123 said:

I do have a copy of MGA. 1. singular lol

Yeah I was hitting the dollar boxes and saw a cpl youngblood 1 and thought "haha look at all these copies! I'm going to buy these for the lolz"

Next thing I know I had like 15 of them and thought it would be hilarious if I fill a short box with them. Only grab them out the dollar box tho  ;) 

That will be $150 you never get back :insane:

On 8/2/2022 at 5:31 PM, Readcomix said:

. I reread them a few years ago and realized the team is basically Archie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica. I would love to ask Willingham if he based their personalities on the big four of Archie Comics; it sure seems like it.

Now you're going to make me dig them out and re-read them.

On 8/3/2022 at 11:13 AM, Readcomix said:

Then you have a shot at doing it for less than the cost of one MGA #80!

Maybe we should crowdsource it…everyone send Mike a Youngblood #1!

I'll send him an entire Youngblood run...... gladly. I put one together diet cheap and read it all through just to see how dire it is. Answer: pretty dire with only 2 modern runs being any good. The latest modern run was very enjoyable, in fact. I recommend it. But the old stuff? That's part of my life I'm never getting back. And you thought the Star Wars sequels had no idea what they were doing or where they were going? Pffft they've got nothing on this mess. 

On 11/16/2022 at 4:48 PM, boomtown said:

Now you're going to make me dig them out and re-read them.

Please! See if you think I’m right or way offbase, and let me know! I read it as:

Fathom = Veronica

Morningstar = Betty

Vortex = Archie

Monolith = Jughead (granted, with a dash of Dilton’s IQ, but Jug’s very zen personality)

Edited by Readcomix

I also don't collect multiple copies (and never will). BUT I would collect price variants (the 30 and 35 cent ones) in addition to the regular covers.

Reasons I have seen for collecting multiples have included

- A general love for that particular book and joy for having as many as possible

-An expanded desire to own as many copies and, in addition, all variations (ie price variants, ones printed in foreign countries, etc)

-A desire to own a single book in multiple grades

-An investment strategy (one collector purchased multiple high grade raw and graded copies of a key book, held for quite some time and over time has begun to sell copies as needed to fund other purchases).

I feel like most of these reasons apply to most who collect multiples of the same issue.

I pick up multiple copies of certain books when I can attain them at a good price/deal and trade or sell the undercopies for other books. I’d made a decent profit on multiples of X-men #10 {1sr Ka-Zar), Star Trek #1 GK, and Strange Tales 169 (1st Brother VooDoo) among others here on the boards bst section. So far, the only book I’ve sought out multiples for to keep in my pc is Conan 96 because I fell in love with the cover and wanted to accrue any existing variants (ie: price, multiple cover errors,mark jeweler, etc), so much that I still have an ad in the wtb section should  any pop up outside of the other resources I use for books

841CCD65-EBC4-42BD-AE8F-D6A8AE1B35E1.jpeg

On 11/17/2022 at 2:08 PM, southern cross said:

Then I have my birthday books in a spinner rack raw. And to make it look authentic I buy books I've already got when I see them in dealers discount bins at conventions so end up with duplicates for the spinner.

PXL_20221117_190024745_MP.thumb.jpg.1604b3d45385a92c2788fe311bc862b6.jpg

That is just so Freakin' cool! ^^