• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage April Auction
6 6

534 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2022 at 1:58 PM, Bronty said:

Honestly, that's a stretch to me.   Its a decent cover with a cool homage, but its pretty far short of "great."

Wonder what Excalibur one shot and Excalibur 1 are worth then.    Obvious we can't really project this data point too much, but still.

I agree Excalibur #1 is THE iconic cover from the series this one is really nice a favorite of mine but 96K bloody insane. Glad I got my Excalibur cover from Gary years ago.

On 4/8/2022 at 3:17 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

It’s a wonderful team image.  Congrats!

After the one is HA I think I am priced out of the market. Only #1 would really interest me but 6 figures? Hell no!

On 4/8/2022 at 4:06 PM, Matches_Malone said:

Mike Dringenberg Sandman #8 page hammered at $90K.  It's sort of what I expected as it's  Not too far off from the selling price of the first appearance of Morpheus. But part of me feels it should have gone higher, above the 100K mark.  Me thinks, these pages are just scratching the surface. 

Yeah, hard to say.

Yes, it was cool to see the page from 8, but it wasn't really an A or A+ example in my opinion.  Don't get me wrong... it's great to see them surface, but I don't think it really would have gone that much higher.

Honestly, I think the only real A+ Sandman page to hit the auctions was the house ad.  Definitely felt that piece was under what it should have gone for, but kudos to the buyer for getting it at that price.

Look forward to seeing what else shows up down the road.  I do agree that prices are scratching the surface, but we haven't had a lot of A+ pages from the book to really judge that on.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:03 PM, igotnogame said:

Yeah, hard to say.

Yes, it was cool to see the page from 8, but it wasn't really an A or A+ example in my opinion.  Don't get me wrong... it's great to see them surface, but I don't think it really would have gone that much higher.

Honestly, I think the only real A+ Sandman page to hit the auctions was the house ad.  Definitely felt that piece was under what it should have gone for, but kudos to the buyer for getting it at that price.

Look forward to seeing what else shows up down the road.  I do agree that prices are scratching the surface, but we haven't had a lot of A+ pages from the book to really judge that on.

I'm curious to see what gets consigned next, too. I reckon whatever A/A+ material that might have otherwise hit the open market over the last year or so is being held back for after the show's released.