• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane discussion and appreciation thread. Lets see those covers!
4 4

292 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2022 at 11:37 AM, Legion HQ said:

I loved going to this one newsstand store in Brunswick, GA growing up in the 80s. They always had a bunch of Marvel Age comics stuffed in their magazine rack that I obsessed over every time I was in there, so I've always had a soft soft for that series. You can imagine my delight as the series became recognized as having several key books in it. Here's one of my faves of course:

Marvel Age 90 SS.jpg

One of my favs as well, and so few know about it.  I would love to own the OA for this cover!

On 3/11/2022 at 10:19 AM, ThothAmon said:

Happy to find these in my way back machine. 

F03C6614-D2CC-4512-8C77-E562204EA65A.jpeg

E76C9D51-60A5-460A-9A8F-B03C7DC1AF12.jpeg

Did McFarlane do the entire cover of #13? I thought I read somewhere that he only did the Scorpio Rose area.

Edited by Mr.Fantastic

On 3/20/2022 at 5:51 AM, Shrevvy said:

Another pick up from the LCS. Hulk #333 signed on the first page.

IMG_5937.thumb.jpg.33d65227905ccfc476614a07a5a0a7b6.jpg

I'd love something affordable signed by the Todd-father. Great pick up! On a side note domestic violence was a pretty heavy topic for a main stream Marvel book to explore.

Edited by MattrixAlien

On 3/21/2022 at 12:44 AM, OtherEric said:

Bought at the LCS when it came out, signed when there was no fee beyond the $5 to get into the show.  Just had to wait in line with a 3 book limit each time.  I only went through once:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Awesome story.  What was McFarlane like when you met him? Did he seem like a cool guy, or was he just signing and getting to the next person?

On 3/21/2022 at 6:52 AM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Awesome story.  What was McFarlane like when you met him? Did he seem like a cool guy, or was he just signing and getting to the next person?

He was pretty cool.  There was still a sense of "we need to keep the line moving", so no more than basic pleasantries; but certainly not a sense of "I don't want to be here except for the money" or anything.

On 3/21/2022 at 12:04 PM, ThothAmon said:

Had about 15 different covers signed by McFarlane. This is the only one I saved. Like it better than 300 truthfully. 

image.jpg

man 9.8 is so hard in that book, I have a 2nd gen label 9.6, but still don't have the guts to send in for a signing lol 

Yours looks great! :x