• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOCKED - OP request - Needing help! Book stolen
3 3

192 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2022 at 2:55 PM, Mmanick said:

that was according to the tracking and initial person i spoke with. Now that i spoke with an actual investigator / manager the whole thing changed and they told me how those scans aren't accurate all the time.  CGC wont even let me speak to a manager after all of this. 

It doesn't make sense.  The label was created on 3/3/22, and there was a scan by UPS on 3/8, but now they're saying that it was some type of phantom scan?  I guess being as this is the 5th person you spoke to, they finally got the right person on the phone with you to stop you from calling them or opening another claim. 

Now onto CGC to speak to a manager with your proof that they still have it.  

On 3/22/2022 at 4:47 PM, 50 Fiddy said:

Jeez, I can imagine this is what that poor manager is going to have to deal with if they ever connect the OP to them.

Iq8g5VMBMuLN.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Lmao im not white and I’m not a Karen. I’ll take your money though since your ok with other giving it out freely 

On 3/22/2022 at 4:22 PM, oakman29 said:

Truth?

I find you fascinating!

Your title says "BOOK STOLEN" When in fact you jumped the gun. I'm sorry for your missing comic book. I'm sure it will turn up, but calling me names is so pedestrian.  

I went with what was told to me. As I am now. I’m proactive and was patient up until this last week I’m not about to get taken advantage of. You can give away free money all you like but that’s not me

On 3/22/2022 at 4:52 PM, The Velcronomicon said:

So you take no personal responsibility for what has happened?

I’m not the shipper or the person who shipped the book. Only mistake I made was using ups. What more do I need to be at fault for according to you? I just want my book back

Imagine a CGC customer service saying "file a police report, get a lawyer, or accept a 100$ check" only to find the book never left the building.

I don't think you're getting good info from either place, so the book probably did leave... but the above wouldn't surprise me.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:50 AM, thehumantorch said:

UPS and all large package delivery companies handle incredible volumes of parcels.   UPS handles approx. 21 million packages per day.  If UPS makes a mistake on .1% or 1 in 1000 packages -a fairly low error rate - that would mean about 21,000 packages per day lost or misdelivered.  UPS only knows where your package is based on the last tracking scan and if something happens they don't know where to start looking and the incredible volume of incoming parcels makes it impossible to look.  

I'm not a fan of UPS but realistically you're just one of many thousands of daily missing packages and as far as they're concerned you're just a rounding error and someone to pay out the insurance to and move on.  I know it isn't fair and I feel for you and I'm really sorry this happened.  Don't give up hope, this package could very well be lost somewhere in their system and eventually show up.

On 3/22/2022 at 12:58 PM, KPR Comics said:

There is still hope.  Case in point - I ordered a propane heater for my Vanagon last June (2021).  Shipper sent via UPS.  I got notification that it was delivered so I went outside to retrieve the package but there was no package there.  Contacted UPS and they said shipper (not me) has to open investigation.  Contacted shipper and they opened one.  UPS called me to confirm.  Case was opened and closed 5 times and only the shipper, not receiver (i.e., me) could re-open.  Shipper had great customer service rep who was relentless and got UPS to pay them full value.  Shipper then sent me a replacement heater.  All was good from my and shipper's perspective.  Yesterday, I'm sitting on the front porch and up walks the UPS guy with a box.  Guess what it was - the original heater.  9 months later.

Thanks @thehumantorch and @KPR Comics for reminding me something.

Anything came out of the box, no label on the box or unreadable label that are going to goods department.  They are checking all tracking numbers and sort them out if those packages were delivered until few tracking numbers left that haven't delivered. They have to figure it out which goods are belonged to.  Yes, it takes a while up to 90 days but 9 months that may be complicated for some reasons.  The invoice is on/inside the box is very helpful. Sometimes, those goods are untraceable and will be sold as the wholesale to the public.

There are plenty of mistakes to go around here. The first is obviously making a poor choice in shipping method. That is 100% on the OP. Then you have whatever the heck happened after that. It will be pretty amazing if it turns out it never left CGC. Even for them that would be pretty terrible. If it did leave and it got lost that is obviously on the shipper. If it got stolen? I'm not sure how you could blame anyone other than the person that stole it. 

On 3/23/2022 at 9:22 AM, oakman29 said:

Truth?

I find you fascinating!

Your title says "BOOK STOLEN" When in fact you jumped the gun. I'm sorry for your missing comic book. I'm sure it will turn up, but calling me names is so pedestrian.  

You're such a pedestrian...... 

On 3/22/2022 at 9:49 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I've made a commitment to behaving better online than I would in person.  But this thread is testing me.

Shoot me a pm I have thick skin and maybe I’m your huckleberry :foryou:

On 3/22/2022 at 8:08 PM, wombat said:

There are plenty of mistakes to go around here. The first is obviously making a poor choice in shipping method. That is 100% on the OP. Then you have whatever the heck happened after that. It will be pretty amazing if it turns out it never left CGC. Even for them that would be pretty terrible. If it did leave and it got lost that is obviously on the shipper. If it got stolen? I'm not sure how you could blame anyone other than the person that stole it. 

I agree I should have picked a better shipping method on my part however is it that much to ask for by paying a shipping company to actually do their job and you know ship my package. I’m not giving up at all and will continue to keep doing everything needed in trying to find my book.

On 3/22/2022 at 7:59 PM, Tnexus said:

If you feel comfortable with it, post the tracking number. It'll help clear things up at least.

Or post the full history minus the number if you're not.

Keep in mind a lot of the updates will not actually show on the tracking for some reason.