• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating mdean2437 for 2 month old change of heart bogus paypal dispute!
9 9

220 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2022 at 1:09 PM, mdean2437 said:

By telling the seller, if it was blue label, I didn't care how it would grade I would accept. You saw this in the messages, but went leaned on the old stickman 

I'm not sure why I am saying this again as I'm sure you can't grasp this, but here I go anyway. You don't get to question a return policy after the stated return policy has ended. It doesn't matter how he responded to you. You lost your chance to ask this question. You waited too long. Its 100% on you. I eagerly await some incomprehensible response. 

On 5/8/2022 at 1:12 PM, mdean2437 said:

So being told he didn't sell me the book and I must have given someone else my money is acceptable to you If a seller did that to  you?.

It didn't give you a right to start a return. NONE. 

On 5/8/2022 at 12:13 PM, wombat said:

I'm not sure why I am saying this again as I'm sure you can't grasp this, but here I go anyway. You don't get to question a return policy after the stated return policy has ended. It doesn't matter how he responded to you. You lost your chance to ask this question. You waited too long. Its 100% on you. I eagerly await some incomprehensible response. 

I did not question the policy. I asked what the policy was. You do understand the difference, correct?  Never once did I question his policy, I asked him t define his policy. Thats it. 

On 5/8/2022 at 1:15 PM, mdean2437 said:

I did not question the policy. I asked what the policy was. You do understand the difference, correct?  Never once did I question his policy, I asked him t define his policy. Thats it. 

And when you didn't like the response you initiated a return. So you still think you didn't question the policy?

On 5/8/2022 at 12:15 PM, wombat said:

It didn't give you a right to start a return. NONE. 

What's my recourse? As soon as he admitted I buyer, my 2nd and 3rd message I ever wrote him stated this. I wanted the book if it came back blue label regardless of if the grade was hurt or not. 

Guys yall have to know, they will always side with buyer.  Especially when i stated all he'd was concur with restoration protection. If i wanted a refund I have tried to get it.   I know the buyer gets the refund why I'm sit on funds.  If restoration came back on this book, I can promise my CC anyone's CC will allows a charge back1 year, even more out. 

On 5/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, wombat said:

And when you didn't like the response you initiated a return. So you still think you didn't question the policy?

His response was not detailing me a policy I did not like. His response was to deny selling me a book and tell me i have someone else my money.

So please explain how I didn't like a policy he never defined.

I didnt know his policy when I filed, Had he told me, I never file. 

On 5/8/2022 at 1:21 PM, mdean2437 said:

What's my recourse? As soon as he admitted I buyer, my 2nd and 3rd message I ever wrote him stated this. I wanted the book if it came back blue label regardless of if the grade was hurt or not. 

Guys yall have to know, they will always side with buyer.  Especially when i stated all he'd was concur with restoration protection. If i wanted a refund I have tried to get it.   I know the buyer gets the refund why I'm sit on funds.  If restoration came back on this book, I can promise my CC anyone's CC will allows a charge back1 year, even more out. 

You have no recourse. That is won't you fail to grasp. The time to figure that out was before you bought the book. Not 2 months later. Not after the stated return policy. Its 100% on you for failing to figure this out when you should have. 

On 5/8/2022 at 12:28 PM, FrontStands said:

I don't really understand, if you had sent a random person the money, you wouldn't have ever received the book in the first place..:baiting:

Yes I know.  I am not sure why he was saying such nonsense. 

:news:

Costco just purchased EBay 

*you may now return any item, in any condition from any point in your lifetime with no questions asked…please grab a sample of our delicious avocado toast on the way out…also returnable in any condition, from any point in your lifetime with no questions asked…

On 5/8/2022 at 1:29 PM, mdean2437 said:

Yes I know.  I am not sure why he was saying such nonsense. 

okay, so why not just ignore it as nonsense? It was, nonsensical due to some miscommunication. Not an plot against the buyer. A mistake perhaps. But even with evil intention, it matters not. Why would it matter if he acknowledges you as the buyer? It does NOT matter because the sale was long closed, you had moved on and listed (and sold?) the book yourself, claiming a higher grade. Whatever nitpick you have with the conversation, it is irrelevant and immaterial. And, in fact, there are no known or expected issues with the book anyway. So why all the blather?

what is the point today? deflection as I mentioned earlier? What are you seeking here now?

I keep saying I am done here. More Fool Me.

And now a word from our sponsor…

Woman Returns a Dead Christmas Tree — in January

In 2018, one Facebook user took a picture of a woman returning a dead Christmas tree to a Los Angeles-area Costco during the first week of January.

When asked why she was making the return, the woman reportedly said, “Because it is dead.”

The employees may not have been happy with this unidentified woman, but she did get her money back.

On 5/8/2022 at 4:28 PM, Bird said:

I cannot respond as I do not understand much of what is posted.

Thank God for that, I thought I had dropped acid.

@TC33  I understand you're probably way past being ready to be done with this and move on, but I just want to clarify where we're actually at on this:

On 5/5/2022 at 9:50 AM, TC33 said:

Paypal has at least dropped the claim, however they are still holding my funds on $6K of other books I have sold until I prove delivery/acceptance etc. so that is just wonderful news to deal with resulting from all this.  The buyer has admitted to having some mental health issues going on which honestly seems somewhat accurate from some of his messages to me, he had already admitted one prior to schizophrenia (I was not sure then if he was serious) and later needing help from his family on personal issues, so as upset as I am over all this, perhaps we should be careful about piling on too much if there is some accuracy to that.  Just get the vote on and be done with this, I can't take much more of all this for the sake of my own health and sanity.   

On 5/6/2022 at 9:28 AM, TC33 said:

Essentially I am made whole, I am ready to put this all behind me and move on.  The dispute is gone and my $2,425 has been released.   However after using paypal since the late 90s/early 00s with a perfect track record, they are now holding all my funds on new sales until the day after they can verify the item was received, (not shipped, freaking received).  Never before have I seen that in my life, so there must be some strike against me still dinging me from this and I still have to get them to fix that.  The customer service rep yesterday said she couldn't do it, its a system/computer function and put me on hold for over an hour to talk to a manager after which time I hung up.  Not the end of the world, I always deliver what I am paid for, but just a pain in the arse since I usually like to have those funds cleared before I ship and deliver.  :(

PAYPAL: You have $5,997.99 on hold

Initially, this thread was started as a nomination to the PL list.  As I understand it, that's not determined by a vote, just whether the conditions of the sale have been met or not.

As stated in the second post above, it sounds like you feel that all the conditions of the sale have been met - money is back, PayPal claim dropped - is it safe to assume that the PL nomination is closed?

As others have stated, there seems to be grounds for a HOS nomination, which is accompanied by a write-up of the situation and a vote but I think that there would have to be a separate thread from that.

So far, I haven't seen you actually state that you are going to initiate a HOS poll.  And while several others have stated that they would support such a nomination, I don't think I've seen anyone volunteer to start the process.  If they did so they would at least need your input to supply the needed documentation.

I'm not pushing you to take any further action, just trying to understand where we're at at this stage.  

Because if the PL nomination is dropped and you have no interest in pursuing a HOS nomination then perhaps that should be clarified.  That way mdean2437 doesn't have to continue to have his face melt off for no reason.

Edited by Number 6