• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC announces changes to label notations, see what remains?
20 20

634 posts in this topic

On 5/26/2022 at 7:09 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Look around... am I really the only one here saying CGC is wrong?  Or am I just the only one who triggers you?   Rhetorical, of course.  I honestly don't care. 

I have issues with both companies.  But these threads you're reading, on the CGC forum, are dedicated to calling out CGC's mistakes.  Not the other companies'.   Surely you grasp this? 

I would suggest any time you see my name... keep scrolling. 

Yw.

This isn't an isolated incident, buddy. Don't pretend like this is the only thread you've complained in and/or advertised for the competition. I haven't seen you say a positive thing about CGC, which would make any logical person question your motives.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 5/26/2022 at 7:05 AM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Terrible. Except from the corporate perspective. If the only way to access the graders' notes is through membership, then that means more revenue, if people join just to have access to the notes. But is that really going to occur? Regardless, this is just terrible, as most have expressed.

It's clear the "Prominent members of the collecting community" are the shareholders.  The ones who said to find more ways to earn revenue. 

Requiring paid membership to read notes that used to be on labels. ;) 

I've stopped submitting to CGC, and have already gotten VERY wary about buying slabs with serial numbers beginning with 3 or 4.  Now I find out that my Economy orders from August and September of last year (that have fallen off the dashboard but are still just "Scheduled") won't get the label detail expected.  Well ok, but it's just more reinforcement not to come back.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This isn't an isolated incident, buddy. Don't pretend like this is the only thread you've complained in and/or advertised for the competition. I haven't seen you say a positive thing about CGC, which would make any logical person question your motives.

So why are you whining to me?  What is it you want? My attention?  For me to change?  For me to leave and make this a safe space for ya?  Create a positive CGC thread and I promise to add to it.  In the meantime, try making me less important and stay on topic.  

On 5/25/2022 at 11:18 PM, Domo Arigato said:

The PR team after coming up with that statement. 

goodfellas.gif.0bcbe9733bb547daf0b143e735e16002.gif

Unfortunately this is probably true. We are all having difficulty with this statement and specifically the word “prominent.” I’m sure there was a giggle, and they just moved on. To make a blanket statement, it’s clear NOBODY on the boards called for this, and I’m sure most would agree we have some of the most PROMINENT collectors in the world. Ohhhh, maybe I’m wrong. The first definition of prominent is “important” or “famous.” We are not as important as those prominent collectors lol OR shall I say the word- investors!!!

Discontinuing the use of “incomplete” and “affects story” is just WILD to me. As many have stated, this is the reason why we purchase CGC books. C’mon CGC!!!! 

On 5/26/2022 at 7:59 AM, Sigur Ros said:

So why are you whining to me?  What is it you want? My attention?  For me to change?  For me to leave and make this a safe space for ya?  Create a positive CGC thread and I promise to add to it.  In the meantime, try making me less important and stay on topic.  

"Whining"? Did I hit a nerve with my questioning to uncover the truth?

On 5/26/2022 at 8:23 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Someone who either loves you or hates me hit notify on my post/joke

:facepalm:

I will admit that it was me. I didn't read it as a joke, and did not know that Roy was in on it. I apologize for hitting the button before reading through the thread, and I will make sure not to make the same mistake again.

• Administrator
On 5/26/2022 at 8:28 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 5/26/2022 at 7:59 AM, Sigur Ros said:

"Whining"? Did I hit a nerve with my questioning to uncover the truth?

Enough back and forth between the 2 of you.  Nothing positive is to be gained from this.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:49 PM, Kevin76 said:

It looks like they are taking off notes from the label that is stating the obvious and you can't just be a label reader anymore, you actually have to look at the book you're buying.  Now comes the part where an eBayer wants a return cause you didn't mention in the listing that is has a sticker on the cover.  

Incorrect; read the list of items removed from the label. 

On 5/26/2022 at 7:30 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I will admit that it was me. I didn't read it as a joke, and did not know that Roy was in on it. I apologize for hitting the button before reading through the thread, and I will make sure not to make the same mistake again.

Why even get involved in something that has nothing to do with you

Please put me on ignore just like I have you on ignore 

On 5/26/2022 at 9:00 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Why even get involved in something that has nothing to do with you

Please put me on ignore just like I have you on ignore 

Well, since you've opted not to PM me: Everyone complains about Roy complaining that he keeps 'making everything about him', and I'm tired of it. (shrug)

On 5/26/2022 at 7:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Well, since you've opted not to PM me: Everyone complains about Roy complaining that he keeps 'making everything about him', and I'm tired of it. (shrug)

Then you should be participating in the moderation thread when these things are being discussed 

On 5/26/2022 at 9:14 AM, The Meta said:

Then you should be participating in the moderation thread when these things are being discussed 

I have said my piece multiple times there. Some people say that he makes it about himself, but right here I witnessed otherwise. The constant back-and-forth is annoying, isn't it? Don't we all want it to stop?

It is really sad that what appears to be the driving force behind this is the desire of Auction Houses to be able to push more product.  "Hey, CGC, these label defect notices are driving down prices.  People don't seem to want to pay as much for a book with that on the label.  Please fix that."  

On 5/26/2022 at 7:15 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have said my piece multiple times there. Some people say that he makes it about himself, but right here I witnessed otherwise. The constant back-and-forth is annoying, isn't it? Don't we all want it to stop?

Yeah fair enough, still, I feel these things can be hashed out somewhere else