• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC announces changes to label notations, see what remains?
20 20

634 posts in this topic

what's the point, in extra work to take it away?

They'll have to revamp their drop down menu?

ya I took it as, it'll still say, "missing mvs (marvel value stamp)" on Hulk 181

it just won't have the "incomplete" next to it, idk, what's the point? it will in the graders notes, surely they'd have to revamp their whole drop down menu for the labels to do this.

Doesn't make any sense idk (shrug) 

On 5/25/2022 at 12:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

what's the point, in extra work to take it away?

They'll have to revamp their drop down menu?

ya I took it as, it'll still say, "missing mvs (marvel value stamp)" on Hulk 181

it just won't have the "incomplete" next to it, idk, what's the point? it will in the graders notes, surely they'd have to revamp their whole drop down menu for the labels to do this.

Doesn't make any sense idk (shrug) 

Hopefully they will improve the quality and quantity of graders notes to compensate.

But I won't be holding my breath....

-bc

On 5/25/2022 at 11:45 AM, bc said:

Hopefully they will improve the quality and quantity of graders notes to compensate.

But I won't be holding my breath....

-bc

That's the thing, I can only assume they're thinking the graders make the notes and are last line of defense. Or that the graders can't mess up, so that the labels don't matter as much idk.

Sometimes less is more, consistency is always good, and I'm trying to find the silver lining but idk

I wonder if the same is going to apply to glue? why not, really.  I have 20+ golden age books with the "small amount of dried glue on cover" notation... maybe I should just reholder them and put them on ebay, after all it is the customers fault they didn't check the graders notes, per CGC... right:tonofbricks:

On 5/25/2022 at 9:47 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's the thing, I can only assume they're thinking the graders make the notes and are last line of defense. Or that the graders can't mess up, so that the labels don't matter as much idk.

Sometimes less is more, consistency is always good, and I'm trying to find the silver lining but idk

Look in CGC's wallet.

On 5/25/2022 at 11:49 AM, MR SigS said:

Look in CGC's wallet.

b14dc53c.gif.55b5b9f9d46ae4d018aed8738bd27080.gif

On 5/25/2022 at 11:50 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The only silver lining is their pockets. 

As they say.. Great minds.. 

:roflmao: