• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC announces changes to label notations, see what remains?
20 20

634 posts in this topic

CGC you realize this will affect people trying to actually sell slabbed books right?  Kinda hamstrings them.

Is there a difference between there being no grader's notes and them being "unavailable"?  Do they mean the same thing?  Or is my memory REALLY wrong and it never says "No notes" and only says unavailable?  

On 5/25/2022 at 2:13 PM, Beastfeast said:

Is there a difference between there being no grader's notes and them being "unavailable"?  Do they mean the same thing?  Or is my memory REALLY wrong and it never says "No notes" and only says unavailable?  

If there ARE NO NOTES< it Says, "graders notes unavailable" (thumbsu 

On 5/25/2022 at 9:46 AM, MattTheDuck said:

We have been told repeatedly that "graders notes" are not universally available for every book.  For this to work, CGC is going to have to guarantee that every book graded from here on out will have Grader's Notes if for no other reason to state that any flaws formerly listed on the label are not present on the book.  Setting aside for the moment the "cash grab" part of this decision, the expectation of comprehensive Grader's Notes for every CGC graded book by "prominent members of the collecting community" should go way up.  If graders are now forced to make sure none of these flaws exist, and to ensure collectors know whether or not they exist, it's going to be very time consuming.

Exactly. This is what first came to mind. I'll need to make a practice of checking grader notes prior to buying CGC books now but I have a long list of graded CGC comics I've submitted and in the collection that the "grader notes unavailable" note comes up. 

On 5/25/2022 at 1:39 PM, Iceman399 said:

image.thumb.png.d6cacfd0d7bef5aaa4320c7ca65f9937.png

@Terry JSA took me about 15 searches just now lol 

I raised this to many CGC Rep's a couple of months back, and they said it would be resolved soon.  @CGC Mike - Why are we only limited to 10-15 books prior to being locked out?

Many of us are looking at tons of slabs for a large purchase, and need this info readily available.  Why offer something 'Free' to paying customers if its not always available?