• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC announces changes to label notations, see what remains?
20 20

634 posts in this topic

Hey Bob can I see that book?

Sure here you go!

Thanks I just have to spend the next few minutes checking up the serial number.  Oh shoot I've already checked too many today and CGC has locked me out from verifying and viewing the notes.  I mean it's only 930am and the con runs all weekend but I guess I'm done buying slabs for the day.

Meanwhile Bob sorry I can't help you till I'm done with this customer, I don't want to take multiple books off the wall as they seem to grow legs and walk away when I can't watch my inventory.

Just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse. Wow. To be fair I haven’t read through these reply’s yet, and I will when I get time but man this is bad imo. I buy slabs sometimes just to crack them out and Mylar them, putting the label in the back of the board. I would be really mad if I bought something that didn’t denote “incomplete” “effects story” etc just to crack it and find out. I do buy older books with these issues but I’m aware of it when purchasing. This company is going in the wrong direction. 

On 5/25/2022 at 12:29 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I saw the copy of 180 in person last week.  Had a nice laugh. 

3D286E03-6701-4A55-A354-F1A838C41E6D.jpeg

Just think, if Marvel would've done something like this originally (maybe a silhouette or shadow or something, not an actual cutout), there would be no discourse on whether this or 181 is the true first appearance.

I think it would've created even more hype for 181 if you didn't know what he actually looked like yet

This is CGC shooting themselves in the foot. Collectors need to be incredibly vocal about this and let CGC know this isn’t something anyone wants. Email them, post your thoughts on it, anything to make them reconsider such a stupid decision. If it’s a great idea then have these “prominent collectors” put their names behind it. I’ll bet you none of them will.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:33 PM, Galen130 said:

I only have one thing to say to this, even though I don't do business with CGC anymore..........

What The F....gif

What The....gif

Whoa!!!.gif

I'll just add to that....the CGC heads  and the lone customer.

lulz.gif

Edited by CJ Design

On 5/25/2022 at 9:41 AM, The Meta said:

Wonder if we hit the point of making our books more valuable cracked out

At this point, I have no inclination to have or get a graded book unless it's a 5 figure book.  I'll most certainly be keeping my books raw here on out and/or making sure the slab date was pre May 2022.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:33 PM, zzutak said:

If there are any active boardies who qualify as "prominent members of the collecting community", now is the time to step forward and state your case!  :sumo:  We promise to be gentle.  :devil:

FV-1b.jpg.fe83b3b1f09622524ce7ce1ff481963e.jpg

Maybe you should start a thread about it directing any potential members here. :baiting: