• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC announces changes to label notations, see what remains?
20 20

634 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2022 at 11:05 AM, ramrodcar said:

hulk 181 with a missing MVS gets a low universal grade instead of a qualified label

Or say a Hulk 181 with the image of Wolverine cut out. (Especially when they didn't correctly not which wrap it was on) 

Hey at least not they just don't note it at all. 

People seem to be missing this part...
"CGC will continue to identify on the label any significant missing pieces, pages, wraps or inserts from the interior of a comic."
So missing pages, clipped coupons, missing Wolverines... those still get noted.

Perhaps CGC will commence including a notation on the label when the comic book is inserted upside down in the holder, when there is a hair in the holder, etc., etc., since other notations are scheduled to be dropped. (shrug)

On 5/25/2022 at 12:21 PM, Stronguy said:

"CGC will continue to identify on the label any significant missing pieces, pages, wraps or inserts from the interior of a comic."

87CA04F1-4E4B-4D1A-8457-B3BC203C178D.thumb.jpeg.ef6d404d517a050727f63c83398b3169.jpeg

Just read this on IG, so forgive me if my confidence in them is still not restored….  Get it “ restored” because we’re talking about…. Okay I’ll see myself out.

On 5/25/2022 at 11:25 AM, ExNihilo said:

I had to read it twice to make sure I was understanding it correctly.  This is stupid.  Honestly, who are these "prominent members of the collecting community"?  I'm increasingly happy that I no longer have a mountain of books I wish to get graded.

A lot of the books that have been in my "to grade " pile were already removed after my last submission from their horrible QC failures, but this just cut that remaining stack by 70%.

On 5/25/2022 at 11:21 AM, Stronguy said:

So is a missing MVS "significant"? It's pretty small, and doesn't affect the story... It missing is the defacto grenade to a Hulk 181's value. Who is going to pick winners and losers on "significant" and is it going to be consistent? You know the answer here...

On 5/25/2022 at 11:33 AM, ramrodcar said:

So is a missing MVS "significant"? It's pretty small, and doesn't affect the story... It missing is the defacto grenade to a Hulk 181's value. Who is going to pick winners and losers on "significant" and is it going to be consistent? You know the answer here...

what I took it as:

it'll still say "missing mvs", it just won't have the "incomplete" next to it, idk, save ink? paper?